General
Open Mettur Dam before June 12: PMK’s Ramadoss
With good inflows into the Mettur Dam, the Tamil Nadu government should open the shutters for agriculture and not wait till June 12, said PMK leader Anbumani Ramadoss.
The former Union Minister said the water level in the Mettur Dam touched 115 ft on Saturday morning and if the current inflow continues then the water level will touch the full capacity (120 ft) in two days time.
He said the farmers are getting ready for the short term crop the government should open the dam gates early and not wait till June 12.
Ramadoss also said the Tamil Nadu government should announce the water release date from the Mettur Dam ahead and also ensure availability of seeds, fertilisers and other inputs for the farmers.
Maharashtra
West Bengal ashram bombing: Two accused arrested from Borivali

Mumbai: The Crime Intelligence Unit (CIU) of the Mumbai Crime Branch has arrested two absconding accused in the bombing outside an ashram in West Bengal Murshidabad district near Borivali railway station. Both the accused had fled from West Bengal to Mumbai after the incident to avoid arrest and were hiding here. According to the Mumbai Crime Branch, the incident took place on May 14 in the Berhampur police station area of West Bengal’s Murshidabad district. The police said that the incident came to light after tension increased in the area after the declaration of the results of the West Bengal Assembly elections. The arrested accused have been identified as Roki Khan (24) and Shahadat Sarkar (35). Roki Khan is a driver by profession, a resident of Kundi Hotel Para, while Shahadat Sarkar is a labourer from village Natunpura. After taking both the accused into custody, Mumbai Police has completed the legal proceedings and obtained a two-day transit remand and started the process of handing them over to the West Bengal Police. The case was registered on the complaint of Pashupati Nath Saha, a grocery shopkeeper in Majirpara Post Office area. Ali Hussain alias Laden, Hassan SK and three unidentified persons have been named as the main accused in the complaint. According to the police, several other accused are still absconding. According to the investigating officers, the dispute began on May 12 when some unidentified persons tore images from an electric pole near the Maa Durga temple located near the ashram. The situation escalated on the night of May 13. According to the police, “At around 10:45 pm, the accused and their accomplices hurled socket bombs in the open field in front of the ashram. The explosions spread panic in the area and created an atmosphere of fear among the locals. The complainant alleged that at around 10:30 am on May 14, some accused arrived outside his shop on motorcycles and threatened that if he reported the matter to the police, he would be bombed again. After the FIR was registered on May 15, the police launched a search operation. Investigation revealed that the accused had left home and fled to West Bengal. Further investigation revealed that both the accused had reached Mumbai by Gitanjali Express. This information was then given to the Mumbai Crime Branch. Based on technical surveillance and intelligence, the CIU team arrested both the accused near Borivali railway station. This operation was carried out by DCP Raj Roshan Tilak and CIU Crime Branch on the instructions of Mumbai Police Commissioner Deven Bharti. .
Maharashtra
Senior IPS Officers Transferred in Maharashtra; Key Changes in Mumbai Police Leadership

Mumbai: (By Kamar Ansari) In a major reshuffle within the Maharashtra Police, senior IPS officer Manoj Kumar Sharma, whose life inspired the Bollywood film 12th Fail, has been appointed as the new Joint Commissioner of Police (Law and Order), Mumbai.
Sharma, a 2005-batch IPS officer, has previously served as DCP Zone-1 and Additional Commissioner of Police (West Region) in Mumbai. He has also served with the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). His appointment is being seen as a significant move in strengthening Mumbai’s law and order administration.
In another key transfer, Anil Kumbhare, who was serving as Joint CP (Traffic), has been appointed as the new Joint Commissioner of Police of the Crime Branch, Mumbai.
Senior IPS officer Rajesh Pradhan of the 2003 batch will now head the Economic Offences Wing (EOW), Mumbai.
Meanwhile, 2004-batch IPS officer Sussairaj Jayakumar, who was serving as Joint CP (Administration), Mumbai, has been appointed as the new Special Inspector General of Force-1, Maharashtra. Jayakumar has earlier served in Mumbai Police as DCP, Additional CP and Joint CP, and began his policing career as ASP in Malegaon.
Another senior officer, Satya Narayan Chaudhary, who was serving as Joint CP (Law and Order), has now been transferred as Joint CP (Traffic), Mumbai.
Additionally, 2004-batch IPS officer Pravin Padwal, who was serving as IG (Training), has been appointed as Inspector General of Police, Nashik Range.
The reshuffle is considered an important administrative move aimed at strengthening policing, crime control, traffic management and internal administration across Mumbai and Maharashtra Police departments.
Maharashtra
Maha Vikas Aghadi should form a task force to revise voter lists in Maharashtra on the model of Bengal: Raees Sheikh

Mumbai: A day after the Election Commission announced the Comprehensive Audit of Voter Lists (SIR) in Maharashtra, Samajwadi Party MLA from Bhiwandi East Raees Sheikh has urged Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) leaders to form a state-level task force to monitor the process and take steps to ensure that the incident of voter exclusion in West Bengal does not repeat itself. The SIR process led to the defeat of the Trinamool Congress in Bengal.
In a letter to Maharashtra Congress president Harshvardhan Sapkal, Shiv Sena leader and MP Sanjay Raut and Nationalist Congress Party (SP) state president Shashi Kant Shinde, MLA Raees Sheikh said that the Maha Vikas Aghadi should constitute a task force to guide voters, train Booth Level Agents (BLAs) and coordinate with the Election Commission. The SIR process in Bihar and West Bengal has resulted in the exclusion of a large number of voters, especially voters from tribal, Dalit, minority and weaker sections. 68 lakh voters in Bihar and 91 lakh voters in West Bengal have been excluded in this process. Maharashtra may face a similar situation if opposition parties do not take timely action. “In the recent West Bengal assembly elections, BJP won 95 seats while Trinamool Congress won 51 seats in constituencies where 25,000 voters were excluded during the SIR process, leading to TMC’s defeat,” MLA Raees Sheikh claimed. He added that under the SIR initiative, Booth Level Officers (BLOs) will visit voters’ homes between June 30 and July 29. “Voters will need help in completing the necessary documents, understanding the new voter registration process and the objection registration process. Booth Level Officers (BLAs) of all the allied parties and coordinating with the state Chief Electoral Officer and the Central Election Commission. Maha Vikas Aghadi must take immediate steps in this regard. Otherwise we will not be able to stop the ruling party’s vote rigging. The proposed state-level task force should include representatives of all allies in the alliance.”
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
