Connect with us
Wednesday,20-May-2026
Breaking News

Crime

K’taka police get Rs 10L bond from man who ran his car over street dog

Published

on

Karnataka police have taken Rs 10 lakh bond from accused Adi Narayana Naidu, grandson of former MP D.K. Adikeshavulu Naidu, for running over his car on street dogs. The accused was given a stern warning that if he indulges in case of animal cruelty in future he will be put behind bars, police said on Saturday.

Accused 23-year-old Adi Narayana Naidu had deliberately run his Audi car over a street dog Lara and killed it in the limits of Siddapura police station in Bengaluru six days ago. The CCTV footage of the incident also went viral on the ocial media triggering public outrage.

Later, animal activists who lodged complaints against Adi in connection with the incident were threatened that they would meet the same fate as the street dog, which further raised concerns among the public. The police finally arrested the accused and released him on bail.

Harish Pande, DCP (South) talking to IANS said, the police have taken Rs 10 lakh bond from the accused person in connection with animal cruelty case. Usually, the bond for such an amount is taken from rowdy elements and people who threaten peace.

He said, the accused has also been warned that if he indulges in any act of animal cruelty in future, his bond amount will be forfeited and he will be sent to imprisonment for the bond period which is one year.

“It is the first such case in the division where such a hefty amount is taken as a bond from the accused in the animal cruelty case. It will create fear among those who indulge in animal cruelty,” he explained.

Badari Prasad Margasahayam, former corporate consultant and animal activist, who filed the complaint against the accused told IANS that it is the first time in the country that such a hefty amount has been taken by the police in the case of animal cruelty. “Usually accused persons get away with paying a fine of Rs 200. Since we managed to get complete evidence, the accused was cornered,” he said.

“It was found that previously on Jan 22 at 5 p.m., the accused made an attempt to kill street dogs at the same place where a recent incident occurred with a Black SUV. The police were given CCTV footage and evidence. The police have seized the vehicle and taken up a complaint against him,” Margasahayam explained.

“We told the accused who asked us to withdraw the complaint to send the person who drove the car on the animal, as we wanted him to know what he had done was absolutely unacceptable and atrocious. He had to realize he had driven the vehicle in a murderous way,” Margasahayam explained.

Hundreds of animal lovers participated in the final rituals of Lara on Tuesday, the street dog, which was killed by the accused. Sandalwood actress turned politician Ramya also joined animal lovers.

The cremation of Lara has been conducted at Sumanahalli animal’s crematorium. Laura was brought to the crematorium in an ambulance.

School children who joined the mourning condemned the death by holding posters denouncing animal cruelty. They also brought roses and other flowers for the deceased canine.

Actress Ramya speaking after the cremation stated that accidents do happen, human beings do commit mistakes, but, in this case, the dog has been run over deliberately. “We couldn’t tolerate this. Laws regarding animals are not strict in our country. The accused pay Rs 50 and come out. Empathy is not only for human beings, it should be there for animals too,” she said.

“Firstly, the law has to be strengthened. People with deep pockets will escape from clutches of law. I request the government to strengthen laws in this regard,” Ramya said.

The case has been filed under Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 Section 11, IPC Section 428. Additional charges of issuing threat to life have also been added.

Crime

Mumbai Shocker! 40-Year-Old Man Allegedly Molests Minor Boy In Agripada; Hunt On For Absconding Accused

Published

on

Mumbai: A case under POSCO has been registered against a 40-year-old man who has been allegedly accused of showing pornographic films and molesting a 13-year-old boy in Mumbai’s Agripada area.

the shocking incident took place at the Classic Tower residential society located in the Agripada locality. The matter came to light after the traumatised minor confided in his family members about the ordeal.

Acting on it, his family immediately approached the Agripada Police, and a case under the POCSO Act and Section 351(2) BNS has been registered at Agripada Police Station.

The accused, identified as Adil Ishaq Latif, is currently absconding. A team of police have been formed and launched a manhunt to track his whereabouts.

Continue Reading

Crime

Delhi HC sentences YouTuber to six months jail for criminal contempt

Published

on

New Delhi, May 19: The Delhi High Court has sentenced YouTuber Gulshan Pahuja, who runs the channel “Fight 4 Judicial Reforms”, to six months’ simple imprisonment in two criminal contempt cases for making derogatory and scandalous remarks against the judiciary and judicial officers.

A division bench of Justices Navin Chawla and Ravinder Dudeja also imposed a fine of Rs 2,000 in each matter while observing that the contemnor had shown no remorse and had, in fact, compounded the contempt through further scandalous submissions made during the hearing.

However, the Delhi High Court suspended the sentence for 60 days to enable Pahuja to challenge its judgment holding him guilty of criminal contempt before the Supreme Court.

The Justice Chawla-led Bench said that despite being given an opportunity to make submissions on punishment, the contemnor questioned the conviction itself and, during oral arguments, made further scandalous remarks against the judicial system.

“He, in fact, compounds his contempt by making further scandalous submissions before this Court and thus, evidently, he is neither repentant nor deserves any mercy,” the order said.

Rejecting his plea to recall the conviction judgment, the Delhi High Court said it could not sit in review of its earlier order and that the contemnor was free to challenge the same in accordance with law.

“As far as his submissions on our judgment dated 21.04.2026 are concerned, we cannot sit in review of the said judgment and the contemnor has full right and had an opportunity to challenge the same in accordance with law,” the bench said.

It further recorded that during oral arguments, Pahuja made remarks such as “adaalaton ki manmarzi badhti jaa rahi hai aur main koi nyay ki umeed nahi kar raha (the wilfulness of the courts is constantly increasing and I am not hopeful of any justice)” and described the functioning of courts as “taanashahi (dictatorship)”.

Advocate Harsh Prabhaka, amicus curiae appointed in the matter, submitted that Pahuja had shown “no course correction or remorse” and continued uploading videos targeting judicial officers despite earlier directions restraining him from doing so.

Considering the nature of the conduct, the Delhi High Court observed that leniency in such circumstances could embolden similar conduct in the future and that the case warranted maximum punishment.

“We also find that by not imposing adequate punishment on him, we may encourage him to repeat these acts in future and to embolden him in doing the same. [W]e are of the opinion that these cases call for the imposition of the maximum punishment,” the bench observed.

Accordingly, the Delhi High Court sentenced Pahuja to six months’ simple imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 2,000 in each case, directing that the sentences would run concurrently.

It further ordered that in case of default in payment of the fine, he would undergo an additional one month’s simple imprisonment.

However, taking note of the contemnor’s submission that he intends to challenge the judgment before the Supreme Court, the bench suspended the sentence for a period of 60 days.

“In case an order suspending the sentence… is not passed by the Supreme Court, the contemnor shall on his own surrender before the Registrar General of this Court forthwith on expiry of the above-mentioned period,” the order said.

The contempt proceedings arose from videos and online content uploaded by Pahuja on his YouTube channel, in which he made sweeping and unverified allegations against judicial officers and the judiciary. In its earlier judgment, the Delhi High Court had held that such remarks were intended to scandalise the institution and lower public confidence in the justice system, and were not protected under the right to free speech.

Continue Reading

Crime

Delhi Police bust gambling racket in Dwarka, 14 arrested

Published

on

New Delhi, May 19: Continuing its crackdown on illegal activities, the Dwarka District Police on Tuesday busted a gambling racket operating in JJ Colony in Sector-3, Bindapur, and arrested 14 persons allegedly involved in the operation, officials said.

Police recovered stake money amounting to Rs 6,810 along with gambling-related material, including writing pads, charts, satta slips, carbon papers, pens, mobile phones, and electronic devices used for maintaining gambling transaction records.

According to police officials, the operation was carried out as part of the district police’s ongoing campaign to curb organised crimes such as gambling and bootlegging and to maintain a safe and crime-free environment for residents.

To strengthen action against illegal activities, the Special Staff of Dwarka District had intensified intelligence gathering, activated local informers, and increased surveillance in vulnerable areas. A dedicated team was constituted under the leadership of Inspector Kamlesh Kumar, in charge of Special Staff, Dwarka District, under the close supervision of ACP Operations Subhash Malik.

The team comprised SI Dinesh Kumar, SI Topesh, ASI Vijay Singh, HC Jagat Singh, HC Jairam, HC Naresh, HC Rajesh, and Constable Manjeet, who were tasked with collecting intelligence and identifying hotspots where illegal activities were taking place.

On May 7, at around 10 p.m., the team received specific information regarding a gambling racket operating in the Sector-3 JJ Colony area of Bindapur. Acting swiftly on the information, the police team laid a strategic trap near the identified location.

At around 10:30 p.m., the police spotted several individuals gathered in a narrow lane and allegedly engaged in gambling activities. The team immediately conducted a raid and apprehended 14 persons at the spot.

During the search operation, police recovered stake money worth Rs 6,810, along with charts, satta slips, writing pads, carbon papers, pens, and registers allegedly used for maintaining gambling records and transactions. The local beat staff also reached the spot during the operation.

Following the recovery, a case vide FIR No. 255/2026 under Sections 12/09/55 of the Gambling Act was registered at Police Station Bindapur. All the accused were arrested after sustained interrogation.

The arrested accused have been identified as Sandeep (26), Ajay (25), Sartaj (42), Bappi Haldhar (60), Suresh (36), Neeraj Kumar (44), Abul Hasan (40), Chandan Sahni (35), Sudama (27), Maniyappan (42), Ashok (46), Diwari Sahni (37), Mathwef (41), and Jony (35), all residents of different areas of Dwarka, Uttam Nagar, Matiala, and nearby localities in Delhi.

Police said the recovery made during the raid included cash worth Rs 6,810, two charts, eight pads, five carbon papers, three pens, and around 350 satta slips allegedly used in gambling activities.

Officials stated that further investigation is underway to ascertain whether the accused were linked to a larger gambling network operating in the area.

The operation highlights the proactive policing efforts of Dwarka District Police in cracking down on unlawful activities and maintaining law and order in the national capital.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending