Connect with us
Friday,29-August-2025
Breaking News

Crime

After NCB, Cordelia Cruises hints of action against rave party revellers

Published

on

Hours after the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) bust a rave party aboard a luxury vessel, Cordelia Cruises, the company on Sunday gave clear indications that it may take action against those responsible for sullying its image and reputation.

The Saturday afternoon NCB swoop came on the ship while it was moored in the International Cruise Terminal port in south Mumbai and after the central probe agency’s green signal, it started on its voyage to Goa late this morning.

According to Jurgen Bailom, the CEO and President, Waterways Leisure Tourism Pvt. Ltd., which runs Cordelia Cruises, the company will now decide its further course of action based on “the directions” from the NCB.

“Should anyone be found violating rules on board the cruise ship, strict and appropriate action will be taken,” Bailom told IANS, in reply to a brief questionnaire where the explicit warning figures.

Obviously stung by the unexpected misdoings of the Delhi-based event management company which had chartered the ship, the CEO categorically declared that henceforth, it would refrain from hiring out its ship for similar events in future.

In an earlier statement, the company officially distanced itself from the drug party raid in which at least 8 persons including 2 girls, and Aryan Khan, son of Bollywood megastar Shah Rukh Khan, have been detained and NCB investigations are on, with a possibility of some high-profile arrests.

“Cordelia Cruises is in no way, directly or indirectly connected to this incident. The company had chartered its ship for a private event to a Delhi-based event management company,” Bailom said.

Condemning the developments that created a sensation, Bailom said the company is extremely mindful of providing wholesome entertainment to the families travelling with them, but “this incident is contrarian and far from the culture that Cordelia Cruises represents”.

Sources in the luxury cruises industry said that the incident has come as “a rude shock” to all operators who would now strengthen their systems of ‘checks and verifications’ of all passengers and those who charter the vessel for events like parties, weddings, promos, corporate functions, etc.

“Most global cruise liners have very stringent safety, security, entry, and other rules like dress codes, etc., for passengers sailing with them. Such an incident can cause irreparable damage to its reputation and image which in turn can have serious implications on its business,” said an Indian agent with an international cruise liner, requesting anonymity.

Cordelia Cruises, India’s largest ship is promoting the cruise culture in India through stylish, luxurious and inherently Indian experiences on board, with ticket rates starting from Rs 5,000 — which of course, did not apply to the Delhi-based charterer.

The company has in place strict policies and rules for violating rules on board, up to USD-1,000 per violation from the passenger concerned, disembarkation of the offending passenger/s, no refunds and bearing all their expenses to return home, besides permanent ban on sailing with Cordelia Cruises in future.

Crime

Uttar Pradesh Cyber Fraud: 100-Year-Old Ex-Merchant Navy Officer Duped Of ₹1.29 Crore In ‘Digital Arrest’ Scam; Case Registered

Published

on

Lucknow: At 100 years of age, Hardev Singh had lived through wars, seen India’s independence, and spent a long career in the Merchant Navy. But nothing prepared him for the ordeal he faced last week in his own home in Lucknow, when a group of cyberfraudsters held him under what police describe as “digital arrest” for six straight days.

The nightmare began when Singh picked up a call from an unfamiliar number. On the other end were men posing as officers of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). They accused him of being linked to a money laundering case and warned of dire consequences if he did not cooperate.

What followed was psychological captivity. Singh was ordered to stay on the call constantly, cut off from the outside world, unable to tell anyone what was happening. The callers directed him to remain isolated while they demanded details about his finances.

The deception deepened when Singh’s son returned home and learned of the situation. Hoping to shield his father from further harassment, he took over the call. But the fraudsters threatened him too, insisting that money must be transferred to several bank accounts for “verification.” They promised that every rupee would be returned once checks were complete.

Fearful and under pressure, Singh’s son complied, transferring ₹1.29 crore in multiple installments. The promised refunds never came. It was only then that the family realized they had been the victims of a sophisticated cybercrime operation.

The ordeal ended with a complaint to the national cybercrime helpline (1930), after which a case was registered at Sarojini Nagar police station. Investigators are now tracking the fraudsters using the mobile numbers and bank details shared by the family.

Police officials say cases of “digital arrest” are on the rise, with scammers using fake identities of enforcement agencies to intimidate victims. Elderly people, often more trusting of authority, are particularly vulnerable.

For Singh, the experience has left scars beyond the massive financial loss. “They stole our peace of mind more than the money,” a family member said. “My father spent a century building a life, only to be tricked in his twilight years.”

Continue Reading

Crime

Mumbai Police Nab 30-Year-Old With Illegal Firearm In Vikhroli

Published

on

Mumbai: The Mumbai Police Crime units 7 has registered a case under the Arms Act after apprehending a 30-year-old man in possession of an illegal firearm near Tagore Nagar, Vikhroli West.

According to officials, on August 28 around 10:30 am, acting on confidential information, a police team intercepted a suspect near the Vikhroli Station bus stop on the highway.

The accused, identified as Irfan Mustafa Ansari (30), a garment trader and resident of Turbhe Naka, Navi Mumbai, was found carrying a country-made iron pistol valued at ₹50,000 along with two live cartridges worth ₹500, without any legal license.

Police said Ansari was in violation of the prohibitory orders issued by the Mumbai Police Commissioner regarding possession of arms. He was immediately taken into custody. A case has been registered at Vikhroli Police Station under Sections 3 and 25 of the Indian Arms Act. The seized property, totaling ₹50,500, has been taken into evidence. The case is currently being investigated further by Crime Branch, Unit-

Continue Reading

Crime

Mumbai Airport Drug Bust: 19.65 Kg Hydroponic Weed Worth ₹19.65 Crore Seized At CSMIA, 4 Arrested For Smuggling From Thailand

Published

on

Mumbai: The Mumbai Airport Customs officials have arrested four persons in three cases for allegedly smuggling drugs totally weighing 19.65 kgs valued at Rs 19.65 crore from Thailand.

According to the Customs, in the first two cases, on the basis of spot profiling, the Customs officers at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMI), Mumbai, intercepted two passengers arriving from Bangkok on 26.08.2025.

During the examination of the baggage, the Customs officers recovered 11.64 kg of suspected hydroponic weed (marijuana), with an illicit market value of approximately Rs 11.64 crores. The narcotic substance was cleverly concealed inside the checked-in trolley bag carried by the passengers. Two passengers were arrested under the provisions of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.

“In the third case, on the basis of specific intelligence, the Customs officers at CSMIA intercepted two passengers arriving from Phuket on 27.08.2025. During the examination of the baggage, the Customs officers recovered 8.01 kg of suspected hydroponic weed (marijuana), with an illicit market value of approximately Rs 8.01 crores. The narcotic substance was cleverly concealed inside the checked-in trolley bag carried by the passengers, who were later placed under arrest,” said a Customs official.

“As the investigation in the case is at a very preliminary stage, efforts are also being made to identify and apprehend key associates of the accused persons. Both the accused have been arrested and further probe is on,” the Customs official said.

Continue Reading

Trending