Crime
New Delhi: 11-Year-Old Boy Sustains Eye Injury From Firecracker, FIR Registered

New Delhi: An 11-year-old boy sustained an injury to his right eye allegedly after a miscreant burst a firecracker on the road here in the National Capital’s Shastri Park, police said.
Following the incident, Delhi police registered a First Information Report under sections 286 and 337 of the Indian Penal Code at Shashtri Park police station, officials said.
Police said that information and a medico-legal case (MLC) were received from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) regarding the firecracker injury to the boy, a resident of Shastri Park, Delhi.
Case of negligent conduct registered
“On October 15, at about 8:00 pm, while the boy was walking to his home near the main road, Shastri Park, some unknown person burst a firecracker on the road. The boy sustained an injury to his right eye,” police said.
“A case of negligent conduct with respect to an explosive substance and causing harm by an act endangering life has been registered in this regard,” police said.
The boy was discharged after treatment on October 17. His father has a transport business near Tis Hazari Court, as per police.
“Efforts are being made to identify the culprit. CCTV footage in the area is being scanned,” police said.
“Further investigation into the case is in progress, ” police said.
Guidelines around firecrackers in Delhi
Earlier in September, Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai said manufacturing, storage, sale, online delivery, and bursting of any type of firecrackers are completely prohibited in Delhi.
“CM Arvind Kejriwal has decided that firecrackers should be banned on the occasion of Diwali to control pollution. Manufacturing, storage, sale, online delivery, and bursting of any type of firecrackers is completely prohibited in Delhi. Police have been directed to issue a circular on behalf of the DPCC (Delhi Pollution Control Committee) stating that no licence is issued. As important as it is to celebrate a festival, it is equally important to look after the environment. That is why we have been taking this decision in Delhi for the last 2 years, and the people of Delhi are supportive,”.
The Supreme Court had rejected the plea seeking the manufacture, sale, and use of firecrackers containing barium chemicals. The top court also did not intervene in the Delhi government’s decision to put a complete ban on the use of firecrackers in the national capital.
Crime
Maloney arrested with 7.2 million worth of ganja and pistol, five others

Mumbai Maloni Police has claimed to have arrested five accused including ganja worth Rs 72 lakhs and a country-made pistol and live cartridges. In Maloni, the police had arrested Ashiq Hussain Khan with 1 kg 60 grams of ganja. He said that he buys this drug from Nashik. After that, Santosh More of Nashik was arrested. After that, a total of four accused were arrested in this case and a case was registered against them under the NDPS Act. A car was searched in Maloni Madh in which a country-made pistol and ganja were recovered. This operation was carried out by DCP Sandeep Jadhav on the instructions of Mumbai Police Commissioner Devin Bharti. The police is investigating the matter further.
Crime
Bihar: Nine Years After Journalist Rajdev Ranjan’s Murder, CBI Court Convicts Three And Acquits Three Accused In Siwan Case

Patna: Nine years after the murder of senior journalist Rajdev Ranjan in Bihar’s Siwan, the Special CBI Court in Muzaffarpur on Saturday convicted three accused while acquitting three others.
On May 13, 2016, Rajdev Ranjan, then bureau chief of a leading Hindi daily, was shot dead in Siwan.
He was returning from a hospital visit when assailants opened fire, hitting him with two bullets that proved fatal on the spot.
His wife, Asha Yadav, lodged the FIR at the Siwan Town police station, and suspicion soon pointed towards jailed RJD strongman and former Siwan MP Mohammad Shahabuddin, though charges were later framed against other accused.
The case was later taken over by the CBI, which filed a chargesheet against seven accused, excluding Shahabuddin.
Shahabuddin, considered the main accused, died during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The trial involved six accused – Azharuddin alias Laddan Mian, Rohit Kumar Soni, Vijay Kumar Gupta, Sonu Kumar Gupta, Rajesh Kumar, and Rishu Kumar Jaiswal.
Another accused was declared a juvenile, with his case being heard separately.
After nearly eight years of proceedings, during which the CBI examined 69 witnesses and presented 111 pieces of evidence, District and Additional Sessions Judge-3 Namita Singh delivered the judgment.
As per the judgement, Azharuddin alias Laddan Mian, Rajesh Kumar and Rishu Kumar Jaiswal were acquitted while Vijay Kumar Gupta, Sonu Kumar Gupta and Rohit Kumar Soni were found guilty.
Defence lawyer Sharad Sinha told reporters that the court acquitted three accused due to lack of evidence, while the remaining three were found guilty of the journalist’s murder.
The high-profile case, once linked to Shahabuddin’s political clout in Siwan, was initially heard at the Special Court (MP/MLA cases) in Patna before being shifted to the CBI Court in Muzaffarpur.
The sentencing of the three convicted accused is expected in the coming days.
Crime
Virar Building Collapse: 5 People Arrested In Connection With Case; Probe Handed Over To Crime Branch

Palghar: The investigation into the collapse of the Ramabai building in Virar, which claimed 17 lives earlier this week, has been handed over to the Crime Branch Unit 3.
Initially, builder Nittal Gopinath Sane (48) was arrested in connection with the case. Following further inquiry, police have also taken into custody Shubhangi Bhoir (38), Sandhya Patil (35), Surendra Bhoir (46), and Mangesh Patil (35) — the daughters and son-in-law of the late landowner Parshuram Dalvi. All five accused are scheduled to be produced before the Vasai Sessions Court on Saturday.
According to investigators, Dalvi had entered into an agreement with developer Sane for the construction of the building between 2008 and 2011. In 2020, the municipal corporation had issued a notice citing the need for repairs. Officials have confirmed that the structure was illegal.
On Tuesday, tragedy struck when the building collapsed, killing 17 residents and leaving several others injured. The probe is focusing on negligence, accountability of the landowners, and the role of the developer in the unauthorized construction.
-
Crime3 years ago
Class 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra11 months ago
Mumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra11 months ago
Mumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra11 months ago
False photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News11 months ago
Ministry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Crime11 months ago
Baba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
-
Maharashtra10 months ago
Maharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News11 months ago
J&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface