Connect with us
Thursday,28-September-2023
Breaking News

health

Yogi tweaks Atal scheme to benefit Covid orphans

Published

on

Lucknow, April 21. The Uttar Pradesh government has approved a proposal seeking amendments in the Atal Residential School Scheme to help children affected by Covid-19.

The Atal Residential School Scheme aims to provide quality and free education to children of poor labourers, according to a government press release.

“Now, children who have lost one or both their parents during Covid-19 pandemic will also be able to benefit. The Women Welfare Department will make available the list of such children to us. Under the scheme, free quality residential education from Class 6 to 12 will be made available,” an official said.

In the order issued, it has been mentioned that the amendment in the present system of the Atal Residential School Scheme has been unanimously approved by the Uttar Pradesh Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.

The maintenance and social security of registered construction workers will be fully ensured in the interest of eligible construction workers, an official said.

The eligibility conditions of the scheme have also been amended.

Admission will be given only to the children of the registered construction workers who have completed at least three years of membership of the board after registration.

Earlier this period was kept only for one year.

However, the eligibility of maximum two children of the registered working family to study in the school remains the same as before.

Every year the admission of children of construction workers and the children eligible for the Mukhyamantri Bal Seva Yojana will be made on the basis of the procedure laid down by the Atal Residential School Committee.

“The state government will make the payment of expenses related to destitute children and children eligible for the Mukhyamantri Bal Seva Yojana (general) to the Atal Residential School Committee, through which funds will be provided to the schools. For this, the Atal Residential School Committee will have to operate a separate account.

“Under the scheme, the same rule was prescribed earlier for orphans as well, but now the names of destitute children and children eligible for Mukhyamantri Bal Seva Yojana have been added,” an official said.

Exclusive

Navi Mumbai: 14 die of dehydration at Maharashtra Bhushan award event as VIPs enjoy lavish buffet on taxpayers’ money

Published

on

By

Even as lakhs of people were sitting under the scorching sun at the Khargar International Corporate Park ground last Sunday to witness the Maharashtra Bhushan award event, about 900 persons, including VIPs, were enjoying a lavish buffet laid out in an air-conditioned palace-like lounge behind the dais. The menu included fresh white dhoklas, cocktail batawadas, aluwadi, paneer masala, pitla, matki usal, special pulao, two types of dal, basmati jeera rice, puri, chapati, badam halwa, aamras, shrikhand, ice creams – gadbad, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, and chilled soft drinks, all unlimited and at the taxpayers’ expense.

Official expenditure on the program was Rs.13.50 crore

The VIPs were given golden color spoons to gorge on the lavish spread. One of the guests told on Thursday that each plate cost ₹1,000. Minister for Culture Sudhir Mungantiwar was one of the VIPs seen in the special lounge. The official expenditure on the program was ₹13.50 crore, but if the money spent on resurfacing the roads, etc., is taken into account, the expense could easily be ₹25 crore.

Arrangements for water were not only inadequate

Outside, there was not even a shade for the visitors who were all followers of Appasaheb Dharmadhikari, who was the recipient of the government award. Arrangements for water were not only inadequate but also not placed at vantage points. Unable to bear the heat, as many as 14 persons died of dehydration. Mungantiwar effectively blamed Dharmadhikari since it was the “social reformer” who suggested the time at 11.00 a.m. Incidentally, Dharmakari spoke for one hour even as his followers were suffering from the blazing heat with nothing to cover their heads. The government has asked the Revenue Secretary Nitin Kareer to probe the tragedy.

Meanwhile, a lawyer from Navi Mumbai, Sachin Thorat (43), has written to the Khargar police to register his FIR against Chief Minister Eknath Shinde, Mungantiwar, and others connected with the organization of the awards function. He told FPJ on Thursday that he will file a private complaint with a local court under section 156 (3) of the CrPC if his FIR is not registered in the next few days.

Continue Reading

health

Navi Mumbai: One more died in the Kharghar incident, total reaches 15

Published

on

By

The number of people who died at the Maharashtra Bhushan award ceremony held on April 16, 2023 at Kharghar increased. Now, the number of deceased has reached 15. One more woman died, confirmed the Raigad district information official.

As per district administration, a total of 14 Sri members, including 11 women and 4 men, died. At present, 7 persons are getting necessary treatment.

A large number of Sri Members (followers of Dharmadhikari Pratisthan) attended the Maharashtra Bhushan award ceremony held on Sunday at Corporate Park ground in Kharghar.

However, they was no arrangement of sheds or tents and attendees w had to sit in the open under the scorching heat of the sun. More than 500 attendees complained of dehydration and many of them were required to be admitted to the hospital. Now, activists and political parties are demanding that a case should be registered against the organiser.

Continue Reading

health

Kharghar tragedy: 9 women among 13 dead at Maharashtra Bhushan award ceremony; all victims identified

Published

on

By

Navi Mumbai: A total of 13 persons (Sri Members) who died during the Maharashtra Bhushan award ceremony, held on 16th April 2023 at Kharghar have been identified, said Raigad district administration. A large number of attendees at the award ceremony suffered from heat stroke, many of them requiring hospitalisation. At present, 12 persons have been admitted to different hospitals and are undergoing necessary treatment and 35 persons have been discharged after treatment.

13 people included 9 women & 4 men

However, a total of 13 Sri members, 9 women, and 4 men, died. At present, 12 persons have been admitted to different hospitals and are undergoing necessary treatment and 35 persons have been discharged after treatment.

Details on the deceased

All these deceased have been identified and their names are Tulshiram Bhau Wagad, Jayshree Jagannath Patil, Mahesh Narayan Gaikar, Kalavati Siddharam Vaichal, Manjusha Krishna Bhombd,  Bhima Krishna Salvi, Savita Sanjay Pawar, Swapnil Sadashiv Keni, Pushpa Madan Gaykar, Vandana Jagannath Patil, Meenakshi Mohan Mistry, Gulab Baban Patil and Vinayak Haldankar.

Government blames victims

However, Raigad collector Yogesh Mhase has said that most of those who perished after being subjected to the scorching sun at the Maharashtra Bhushan award ceremony in Kharghar on Sunday had comorbidities.

Clearly, the government is trying to shift the blame on the victims. More than Rs 13.62 crore were spent on the event, but no thought was spared for the lakhs of people who would be forced to sit in an open ground, with the sun fiercely beating down on them.

The venue of the event was on open ground, with no sheds or tents for the followers of social activist Dattatreya Narayan Dharmadhikari (77), who was the recipient of the Maharashtra Bhushan award. Those on the dais not only had a pandal, but also stand fans, to protect them from the heat.

Continue Reading

Trending