Connect with us
Friday,04-April-2025
Breaking News

Crime

‘Spare us, or we may do something drastic’: Disha Salian’s parents hit out at politicians

Published

on

The parents of Disha Salian — who ended her life on June 8, 2020 — made an emotional public plea on Tuesday to be “left alone” by the politicians failing which they hinted at taking the extreme step themselves and ‘only the political leaders would be responsible’ for it.

“Please spare us… We are trying to emerge from the tragedy of our daughter. Don’t keep raking it up repeatedly and politicising it… If this doesn’t stop, we may be forced to do something drastic. Only the politicians will be responsible for this,” Satish Salian and his wife Vasanti said.

Without taking any names, they flayed “certain politicians” (the Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party) attempting to exploit her suicide on June 8, 2020, a week before the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput.

Their tearful plea came hours after the BJP State President Chandrakant Patil and MLA Nitesh N. Rane threatened to make a fresh ‘mega-expose’ claiming it would solve the alleged mystery behind Disha’s death.

“The whole matter has been examined by the Mumbai Police, they know everything, we have no problems (with the probe). She had some problems in a business deal and was very disturbed,” said her parents.

“We are attempting to put it behind and move ahead in life… But the politicians constantly keep raising her death matter… We are tired of this… Please stop all this and leave us alone,” they begged.

They made it clear that Disha was not the manager of the late actor whom she met only once for some costume trials, yet the politicians are trying to “reopen the case”.

“She was a sensitive girl and could not handle the setback in her business matters. Yet the media and some politicians have been conveying misleading information which is defaming the Salian family. Let us leave in peace,” the aged couple urged.

Their strong reactions came when Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar along with a couple of members of the Maharashtra State Commission for Women (MSCW) met them at their home on Tuesday.

The Salians also submitted a complaint to Pednekar and the MSCW demanding an end to the “constant harassment” and tortures they have been subject to nearly 20 months after Disha’s demise.

The couple made it clear that their daughter had gone to the party with some ‘childhood friends’ and said “all this must stop, we request with folded hands”.

Pednekar slammed the BJP for again hounding the Salian family to make political capital from Disha’s unfortunate death.

Union MSME Minister Narayan Rane, who alleged last week that Disha was eliminated as she knew certain ‘secrets’, again raised questions on purported gaps in the probe while spokesperson Ram Kadam attacked the Mayor accusing her of “pressurising the Salian family” when the probe is still underway.

“Everything is still in a cloud… Why did the Shiv Sena leaders visit the Salian family. All evidence is available and it will be exposed. Did she (Pednekar) prod them to speak so-and-so. Why did nobody go to meet them before,” Kadam alleged.

The Salians made it clear that Disha was under pressure owing to an awry business deal and fervently appealed to “stop the politics after her death”.

Nationalist Congress Party National Spokesperson and Minister Nawab Malik came out in support of the Salian family while MSCW Chairperson Rupali Chakankar said she would probe their complaint.

Crime

Mumbai Five members of Lawrence Bishnoi gang arrested, Mumbai Crime Branch gives a shock to Bishnoi gang

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai Crime Branch has claimed to have arrested five shooters of gangster Lawrence Bishnoi gang in a major operation. 5 revolvers and 21 live cartridges have been recovered from the possession of these shooters. Mumbai Police is also interrogating these shooters. Police arrested the attackers before they could execute the incident and averted the incident. Mumbai Crime Branch has arrested these five from Andheri area. They had come here with the intention of carrying out a major vandalism incident, but the police foiled the incident before that.

The arrested accused include Vikas Thakur, Samit Dilawar, Devendra Rupesh Saxena, Shreya Suresh Yadav, Vivek Gupta. Vikas Thakur is a resident of Versova Andheri, Samit Mukesh Kumar Dilawar is a resident of Sonipat, Haryana, Devendra Rupesh Saxena is a resident of Madhya Pradesh, Shreya Suresh Yadav is a resident of Jagdishpur, Bihar and Vivek Kumar Gupta is a resident of Rampur, Rajasthan.

Weapons have been recovered from their possession and the Crime Branch has registered a case against them under Section 3 and 25 of the BNS, Section 55 and 61 (2) and Maharashtra Police Act. The Crime Branch is investigating where the accused brought the weapons from.

After the shooting of Salman Khan, Lawrence Bishnoi gang is trying to become active in Mumbai, but due to the strict action of Mumbai Crime Branch, the back of the gang has been broken and now the Crime Branch has given a big blow to the Lawrence Bishnoi gang and arrested five of its members. The Crime Branch is further investigating the matter.

Continue Reading

Crime

Mumbai Malad Gudi Padwa violence: Three arrested, situation peaceful, police alert, DCP Asmita Hotel

Published

on

Mumbai: After the violence on Gudi Padwa in Malad, Mumbai, the situation is now peaceful here, but despite this, politics has also started on this issue and an attempt has been made to spread communal tension by giving it a Hindu-Muslim color. On the occasion of Gudi Padwa, a local youth attacked five minors passing in front of Noorani Mosque. In this case, the police has controlled the situation and so far three people have been arrested. A case of rioting has also been registered against them. The crowd is also being identified. The accused have been identified on the basis of CCTV and three people have been arrested. Along with this, after getting control of the situation, the police has put Malad on high alert and is also keeping an eye on communal elements.

Now communal elements have started trying to spoil the atmosphere in Mumbai, so the police is also keeping an eye on social media. Local DCP Smita Patil said that the situation in Malad Maloni is peaceful and action is being taken against the miscreants. Arrests are also continuing after examining CCTV footage and other footage.

So far three people have been arrested in this case, one of whom is Sharan, who attacked the minor. In this case, Vishwa Hindu Parishad Bajrang Dal has given an ultimatum to the police that if they do not arrest the accused as soon as possible, they will protest. In this case, the DCP has made tight security arrangements at all places and has also appealed not to pay attention to rumors and not to share unverified videos or controversial posts on social media. The police is on alert to maintain law and order in Mumbai and Mumbai Police Commissioner Vivek Panchalkar has issued strict instructions.

Sanjay Nirupam’s venomous attack on the violence on Gaddi Padwa

After the violence on Gudi Padwa, Sanjay Nirupam has made many serious allegations against the police, he has accused the police of delaying action and protecting the accused. He has questioned the action of Mumbai Police and said that the main accused Sharan and his mother do not allow Hindus to celebrate their festivals and their hooliganism continues here. Sanjay Nirupam has called Muslims Jihadis. Sanjay Nirupam said that the police took action when pressure was put on them.

Continue Reading

Crime

Kunal Kamra row: 3 more FIRs filed over Shinde jibe, merged with Mumbai case

Published

on

Mumbai, March 29: In fresh trouble for controversial comedian Kunal Kamra, three additional FIRs filed against him in different cities have been merged with the one registered in Mumbai’s Khar police station over his alleged jibe at Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Eknath Shinde.

The stand-up comedian courted controversy for cracking an allegedly objectionable joke during a show last month, using the term ‘gaddar’ (traitor) to make a veiled reference to Shinde.

The three zero FIRs that have been merged with the main case registered in Khar were filed in Thane, Nashik and Buldhana by Shiv Sena workers.

The three FIRs were filed by Sunil Jadhav from Nandgaon Manmad, Nashik; Sanjay Bhujbal from Jalgaon Jamod, Buldhana and Mayur Borse from Manmad, Nashik.

The complainants in the three FIRs said that the comedian allegedly created hatred between political parties by making ‘objectionable’ remarks against Shinde. They also alleged that Kamra’s remarks defamed Shinde’s ‘conduct’.

The three FIRs were registered under penal provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita dealing with defamation and public mischief.

Kamra, who has been granted protection against arrest till April 7 by the Madras High Court, has been summoned by Khar police for recording his statement on Monday – this will be the third police attempt to call him as he has not responded to two earlier requests.

Deputy Commissioner of Police, Zone 9 (Mumbai), Dixit Gedam said two offences have been registered at Khar police station.

One is against Kamra for derogatory comments, while the other is against people who vandalised the Unicontinental hotel in Khar where the shoot of his stand-up comedy act titled ‘Naya Bharat’ took place.

Kamra landed in trouble after giving a comic spin-off to a popular Hindi song in which he indirectly described Shinde as a ‘traitor’, referring to the 2022 Maharashtra political crisis which eventually led to the collapse of the Uddhav Thackeray-led state government.

The controversy snowballed after Kamra uploaded a clip from the show on social media last Saturday. Angry Shiv Saniks vandalised the hotel, resulting in the arrest and the subsequent granting of bail to 12 Shinde supporters.

Continue Reading

Trending