Connect with us
Saturday,23-October-2021

Entertainment

Porn film case: Supreme Court breather to actor Gehana Vasisth from arrest

Published

on

Gehana

 The Supreme Court on Wednesday granted protection from arrest to actor Gehana Vasisth in connection with the porn film case that has till now witnessed several arrests, including that of Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra.

Advocate Ajit Wagh, representing Vasisth, contended before a bench comprising justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and BR Gavai that the prosecution had said they need custody citing a pornography racket had to be unearthed. He added that the first FIR was based on a tip and Yasmin was caught.

Wagh contended that larger investigation going on and the police found that the petitioner was a friend of Yasmin. “Gehana has been in custody for 133 days. Charge sheet has been filed in the first FIR. Material is all the same,” he said.

Three FIRs were filed against Vasisth for making pornographic content and uploading them on certain OTT platforms. She has secured bail in the two FIRs. In July, the Mumbai Police Crime branch filed the third FIR.

After hearing arguments in the matter, the top court ordered that Vasisth should not be arrested in the third FIR and she should also join the investigation whenever required.

On September 7, the Bombay High Court had rejected the anticipatory bail plea filed by Vasisth. She had moved the anticipatory bail application apprehending arrest in the FIR registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, which included outraging modesty of woman, sale of obscene material. Today, the top court stayed the Bombay High Court order which had rejected the anticipatory bail plea filed by her.

The case was filed after the police received a complaint claiming that Vasisth, who was allegedly the director of porn films, lured women with money to act in “obscene film videos”. The woman, who had made the compliant, alleged that she was coerced to act in obscene videos for Vasisth’s films, which were uploaded on a mobile application.

Businessman Raj Kundra, who is also an accused in another FIR filed in connection with the porn film case, was granted bail by the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Mumbai, earlier this week.

Entertainment

Samantha could simply seek apology rather than filing defamation cases

Published

on

By

Samantha-Ruth-Prabhu

 South India’s most happening actress Samantha Ruth Prabhu, who recently filed defamation cases against a couple of YouTube channels and an individual for streaming malignant content about her, has apparently received a legal blow.

Samantha had filed legal cases, which come under Kukatpally court in Hyderabad. After listening to her side of the case, the court apparently ordered that the actress could simply seek an apology from her opponents, rather than filing defamation cases.

“The actress can seek a word of apology from the content owners of the concerned YouTube channels, individuals and media outlets, rather than filing defamation cases on them,” the court suggested, as per reports.

The court went on to school the actress and apparently indicated that celebrities share personal details on public domain and then file defamation suits.

“In court, everyone is equal before the law. There is no sense of some being high and others being low. We will hear Samantha’s case as per the procedure,” the court concluded.

Samantha’s announcement about her divorce from Naga Chaitanya had invited unwanted comments and speculation about their relationship, and some channels went forward and linked her up with random colleagues.

Continue Reading

Crime

NCB ‘visits’ SRK, Ananya Pandey’s homes; conducts raids in Andheri

Published

on

By

Ananya-Panday

In a major development, teams of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) paid a formal ‘visit’ to the residences of Bollywood megastar Shah Rukh Khan in Bandra west, and actress Ananya Panday in Khar west, and raided a location in Andheri on Thursday as part of the ongoing probe into the October 2 luxury cruiser rave party.

“The NCB Mumbai Zonal Unit officials visited ‘Mannat’, the residence of Aryan Khan in connection with the (Cr.94/21 case) for seeking certain material related to the investigation of the case from Shah Rukh Khan, by following due procedure of notice, etc.,” said NCB Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede in a statement later.

He also dismissed reports in sections of the media dubbing the NCB trip to the superstar’s sea-facing bungalow as a ‘raid’.

The development, which grabbed national attention, came shortly after the Bombay High Court this morning decided to take up his son Aryan Khan’s bail plea on next Tuesday, October 26.

Simultaneously, Ananya Panday — daughter of Bollywood actor Chunky Panday and granddaughter of the renowned heart surgeon, the late Dr. Sharad Panday — has been summoned to the NCB offices this day for the probe and the actress.

The NCB has claimed that her name apparently figures in some WhatsApp chats of Aryan Khan recovered by the agency, along with others.

As part of its probe into the cruise ship party raids, the NCB has arrested a total of 20 persons so far, and more arrests are not ruled out.

It may be recalled that Nationalist Congress Party National Spokesperson and Minister Nawab Malik had last week claimed that among various Bollywood bigwigs targeted, Shah Rukh Khan was also on the radar of the central probe agency with sleuths keeping a watch on ‘Mannat’ in recent weeks.

Continue Reading

Bollywood

Bombay HC to hear Aryan Khan’s bail plea on Oct 26

Published

on

By

The Bombay High Court on Thursday posted to October 26 the hearing of the bail application of Aryan Khan, arrested in a drugs case by the Narcotics Control Bureau.

The matter came up before Justice N.W. Sambre with Khan’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde seeking urgent hearing on Friday or Monday.

However, Justice Sambre decided to take up the matter on Tuesday next, and Aryan Khan may have to spend five more days in custody.

Khan, the son of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, has challenged a ruling of the Special NDPS Court on Wednesday, rejecting his bail plea, along with co-accused Arbaaz Merchant and Munmun Dhamecha.

Continue Reading

Trending