National News
Pahalgam attack: BJP legislators in Bengal stage protest, burn Pakistan flags in front of Assembly
Kolkata, April 24: BJP legislators in Bengal, led by the Leader of the Opposition in West Bengal Assembly Suvendu Adhikari, on Thursday staged protests against the Pahalgam terror attack by burning Pakistan flags in front of the House.
“The widows of both Bitan Adhikari and Sameer Guha, the two killed tourists from West Bengal at Pahalgam on Wednesday, described how the Hindus were selectively killed there. Bengalis, in general, are travel-loving people. I will request them that from henceforth the Hindu Bengalis should make their tour plans after considering the demography of their destination,” Adhikari told the media.
“Be it the recent riot-hit Murshidabad or be it Kashmir, the only aim is to selectively target the Hindus,” the Leader of the Opposition said.
He also said that just like Israeli actions at Gaza, Pakistan will also be taught a lesson by India under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s leadership.
“As long as Narendra Modi is the Prime Minister, everything is possible. Like Gaza, Pakistan will also be reduced to ashes,” Adhikari said.
Earlier, Adhikari also criticised actor-turned-politician and Trinamool Congress Lok Sabha member from Asansol, Shatrughan Sinha, for the latter’s comments that there is an attempt to create a narrative that only Hindus are being targeted.
Citing his comments, Adhikari said that the problem is that while terrorists come from outside, their supporters and sympathisers continue to roam around within the country.
“Their first task is to figure out how to trivialise brutality. I pray to God that they never have to stand in front of the barrel of a gun and be asked to recite the Kalma because I don’t want them to realise, even for a minute, the fool’s paradise they were living in, or get the slightest chance to feel remorse. They are not worthy of correction, repentance, or regret,” Adhikari said.
Crime
Rajasthan: Threat to blow up CM office, accused arrested after search

Jaipur, Aug 18: Panic gripped Jaipur on Tuesday after a threatening call claimed that a bomb had been planted at the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO). The call was received at the Jaipur Control Room, prompting police and security agencies to launch an extensive search operation.
DCP (South) Rajarshi Raj reached the spot to assess the situation. Teams from the police, dog squad, Anti‑Terrorist Squad (ATS) and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) were deployed at the CMO. Officials said the building was thoroughly searched for around four and a half hours, but no suspicious object was found.
Meanwhile, Vidhayakpuri police traced the phone number used to make the threat and arrested the accused, identified as 38‑year‑old Lala Kothyari, a resident of Sawai Madhopur.
According to preliminary information, the accused allegedly made the threatening call while under the influence of intoxicants. Police said he is being interrogated to determine the exact motive and circumstances behind the call.
The search operation inside the CMO began around 10:30 am, following receipt of the threat. Security personnel thoroughly checked different sections of the building as a precautionary measure.
Officials recalled that this was not the first time the Rajasthan Chief Minister’s Office had received a bomb threat. On July 26, 2025, a threat was received to blow up both the CMO and Jaipur International Airport. Security agencies carried out searches at both locations, but no suspicious object was found.
Bomb threats have also repeatedly targeted the Rajasthan High Court. On July 13, 2026, the High Court administration received an email claiming six gelatin bombs had been planted, though the message stated there was no intention to harm the public.
Officials said the Jaipur Bench of the High Court had received 13 threats over eight months, including on October 31, 2025, and subsequently on December 5, 8, 9, 10 and 11. In 2026, similar threats were reported on February 6, 17, 19 and 20, followed by March 17 and April 13.
On June 16, 2025, The Palace School at Jaleb Chowk in Jaipur received a bomb threat by email. The message was noticed the following day as the school was closed when it arrived. The administration informed police, who conducted searches.
Earlier, on August 19, 2024, bomb threats were issued against Delhi Public School and Pink Square Mall in Adarsh Nagar on the same day. Security teams searched both locations for several hours, but no explosive device was found.
On June 19, 2024, Pareek School in Chandpole received an email threatening a blast. Teams from the Bomb Disposal Squad, ATS and Special Operations Group (SOG) reached the location and conducted searches.
On May 13, 2024, the anniversary of the Jaipur serial blasts, threats were issued against 56 schools under the Jaipur Commissionerate. School principals reportedly received emails claiming bombs had been planted inside their buildings.
Officials said repeated threats have prompted security agencies to maintain heightened vigilance around government offices, educational institutions and other sensitive locations across Jaipur.
National News
Prashant Kishor visits Ashok Dham stampede injured, kin of deceased; demands accountability of officers

Patna, Aug 18: Following the tragic stampede in which seven people died and over a dozen were injured at the Ashok Dham temple in Lakhisarai in Bihar on the third Monday of Sawan, Jan Suraaj convener and Bankipur MLA, Prashant Kishor, visited the district on Tuesday to meet the injured and the bereaved families.
Kishor first visited Lakhisarai Sadar Hospital, where he met patients injured in the incident and enquired about their health and the treatment being provided to them.
He spoke with the injured to understand what happened and wished them a speedy recovery.
Kishor subsequently travelled to Pratappur village in Halsi block, where he met the families of three women who had died in the tragedy.
He expressed his condolences and assured the bereaved kin of all possible assistance.
After meeting the victims and their families, Kishor sharply criticised the Bihar government and district administration.
He alleged that despite the seriousness of the incident, no senior official had yet been held accountable.
He claimed that the administration appeared focussed on resolving the matter through compensation rather than determining responsibility.
Kishor questioned the practice of providing compensation of Rs 4 lakh, arguing that financial assistance alone cannot substitute for accountability when precious lives have been lost.
Kishor also questioned the status and scope of the investigation ordered after the incident.
He pointed out that the Commissioner and DIG had visited Lakhisarai and directed an enquiry, but said there was insufficient clarity about which officer was conducting the investigation and what specific aspects were being examined.
He demanded that the enquiry should establish who was responsible for the incident, and whether there were administrative or security lapses, which officials were responsible for any negligence, and what action should be taken against those found accountable.
Kishor also said that visits by elected representatives and ministers to the affected families were not enough, insisting that concrete administrative action must follow.
Several Jan Suraaj leaders and party workers accompanied Kishor during his visit, including Ravishankar Prasad Singh and Zila Parishad member Amit Sagar, along with local residents.
Kishor’s visit has added a political dimension to demands for an impartial investigation and accountability following the Ashok Dham temple tragedy in which seven people died and over a dozen were injured.
Crime
Property dealer shot dead during late-night liquor party in Patna; probe underway

Patna, Aug 18: A property dealer was shot dead following an altercation among acquaintances during a late-night liquor party in Karaudichak village, under the Phulwari Sharif police station area of Patna.
The deceased has been identified as Golu Yadav. According to preliminary information, one of the youths present at the gathering allegedly opened fire, shooting Golu four times. He lost his life at the scene.
According to an official, four to five youths had gathered in an open area near a religious site in Karaudichak for a late-night liquor party.
During the gathering, an argument reportedly broke out between Golu and one of his companions over an unspecified issue.
The dispute escalated, following which one of the youths allegedly pulled out a pistol and fired four consecutive shots at Golu.
The shooting triggered panic at the spot. The accused youths reportedly fled immediately after the incident.
After receiving information, Phulwari Sharif police reached the scene and began investigating the circumstances surrounding the killing.
Police took custody of Golu’s body and sent it for post-mortem examination.
Officers are questioning local residents and conducting searches at suspected locations to trace the accused and recover the weapon allegedly used in the crime.
Investigators are also working to identify all those who were present at the gathering and establish what led to the fatal confrontation.
Golu Yadav was reportedly involved in property dealing and land transactions.
Police are examining several possible angles, but the precise motive for the killing has not yet been established.
His family said Golu had left home in the evening. When he failed to return late at night, relatives began searching for him, only to subsequently learn that he had been killed.
The incident has left Golu’s family devastated, while the shooting has created an atmosphere of fear and tension in Karaudichak village.
An FIR has been registered under relevant sections of Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) in Phulwarisharif police station, and further investigation is on.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
