Connect with us
Friday,21-August-2026
Breaking News

General

No immersion of PoP idols in Hussain Sagar this year

Published

on

 Authorities in Hyderabad this year will allow immersion of Ganesh idols made by Plaster of Paris (PoP) only in baby/artificial ponds and not Hussain Sagar Lake this year.

The Supreme Court had last year allowed immersion of PoP idols for the last time and has asked Telangana authorities to come up with a plan for immersions at an alternate place.

The authorities have built 50 ponds in addition to the 25 already existing for immersion of idols.

Telangana High Court on September 9, 2021 directed the state government not to allow immersion of Ganesh idols made of PoP in Hussain Sagar Lake and other lakes in and around Hyderabad.

On a petition filed by the state government, the High Court refused to modify its order. The state government subsequently filed an appeal in the Supreme Court. The apex court allowed immersion of PoP idols for one last time.

The court directed the government to permit immersion of PoP Ganesh idols in baby ponds constructed by the GHMC or separate areas/ponds which do not result in the spread of pollution into the main water body.

The state government has also taken steps to promote environment-friendly Ganesh idols. It will distribute a total of six lakh idols made of clay this year.

Minister for animal husbandry T. Srinivas Yadav said Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) alone will distribute four lakh idols made of clay. Telangana State Pollution Control Board (TSPCB) and Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) will distribute one lakh idols each.

Khairatabad Ganesh committee, which installs tallest idol every year, has agreed to use clay for its idol this year.

As part of the arrangements for the ensuing Ganesh Navaratri festivities beginning on August 31, Hyderabad Police Commissioner C.V. Anand on Wednesday held a coordination meeting with all SHOs and senior officers of city police.

Anand gave a slew of instructions regarding setting up of idols, intimation forms and immersion of PoP s idols and clay idols, the procession routes and precautions.

With some of the SHOs and DCPs being fresh to the city police and doing this ‘bandobast’ for the first time, the CP and his staff officers spent a lot of time explaining the various aspects of the preparatory works for the biggest event in the calendar of Hyderabad City Police.

“Since January, all the festivals of various communities were conducted peacefully despite the huge turnout of crowds post-Covid, and so were so many other programmes and events. Those were all quarter finals and semi finals, Ganesh bandobast is the finals and I am sure u will all rise to the occasion and do equally well,” he told the officials.

The police chief said that the organisers must intimate the concerned SHOs about the setting up of the idol and obtain permission. Instructions were given to immerse PoP idols at baby/artificial ponds. The officials were given clarity about court orders.

There will be coordination meetings with the organisers of these mandapams at every level to decide about the installation so as not to inconvenience the general public. Power, water, barricading etc., will be discussed.

The peace committee members should be actively involved and precautions should be taken for watching social media and mischievous posts, the commissioner said.

The Ganesh festivities will conclude this year with immersion on September 9. Every year, thousands of idols are immersed in Hussain Sagar Lake in the heart of the city and dozens of other water bodies in and around the city.

Maharashtra

Mumbai South Cyber ​​Cell’s major operation, fraud gang in the name of CO boss exposed, two accused arrested from Jharkhand and Bihar

Published

on

Mumbai: The Mumbai South Mumbai Cyber ​​Cell has claimed to have exposed a group of fraudsters in the name of Boss who used to contact acquaintances and receive money in the name of Boss, who fooled them by keeping fake voice of Boss and even DP on their mobiles. According to details, South Mumbai South Cyber Police Station (Crime Branch, Mumbai) has claimed to have arrested the accused from Bihar and Jharkhand in a cyber boss fraud case. In connection with the “CEO Boss Fraud” case, a SIM card provider and a Point of Sale (POS) agent and his post-handler associate were arrested from Bihar and Jharkhand. Investigation revealed their involvement in seven such cases. 161 SIM cards, mobile phones and other items were seized. On February 26, 2026, an unknown person contacted a 43-year-old complainant through WhatsApp, posing as a director of the company and got his trust. The fraudster induced the complainant to transfer a total of Rs. 48,60,511. On February 26, 2026, sections 338(3) and 319(2) of the Bharatiya Sanhta (BNS) Act. A case was registered under Sections 66(C) and 66(D).The police have successfully recovered the entire fraudulent amount of Rs.48,60,511. The SIM cards used to contact the complainant were illegally initiated by Aamir Chand Muhammad Khan, an Airtel POS agent based in Siwan, Bihar, by impersonating the company director and the documents and EKYC details of the residents of Bihar He activated hundreds of SIM cards by assigning new numbers to the names of users and another arrested accused, Suraj Pradeep Sao (alias Vishal) Suraj, transferred the transaction payment to Aamir’s Kairtel Payment Bank account through UPI. Based on the information provided and technical analysis, the accused Suraj Kumar Pradeep Kumar Sao who provided 8 SIM cards was arrested on 16 August 2026 from Kumardhobi (Talukacharganda), Dhanbad, Jharkhand.
These accused have committed a total of 7 such crimes. NCRP complaints reveal their involvement in two cases registered at South Division Cyber Police Station, Mumbai (Case Nos. 15/26 and 45/26) as well as one case each in Punjab, Gurugram (Haryana), New Delhi, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu. Items stolen from the arrested accused, 1) 161 Airtel SIM cards 2) Megaphone 3) A POCO mobile phone with ‘Airtel Meter’ app. is, which is used to activate SIM cards
Arrested accused 1) Aamir Chand Mohammad Khan, age 22, resident of Rukndipur, Siwan, Bihar – Airtel SIM distributor
2) Suraj Kumar Pardeep Kumar Sav alias Vishal, resident of Kumardhabi, Dhanbad, Jharkhand is under further investigation. Appeal to citizens
Mumbai Cyber Cell has appealed to citizens that if you receive a WhatsApp message from an unknown number displaying a picture of someone you know asking for money, always contact the person on their known, current number to verify the request. Contact 1930 immediately in case of cyber fraud. Do not allow others to use SIM cards or bank accounts registered in your name. Check how many SIM cards have been issued in your name through Sanchar Saathi portal. South Division Cyber Police Station (Crime Branch, Mumbai) has successfully arrested the SIM card supplier and handler in this case. This was informed here today by Cyber Cell DCP Bajrang Bansode. But don’t fall into the trap if someone asks for money transfer or help, confirm it with the original person.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai Mayor Ritu Tawde cleared of spending Rs 25 lakh on media gimmick

Published

on

Mumbai: Municipal Corporation will spend Rs 25 lakh for the social media promotion of the mayor. Now there are many reactions from political circles and there are discussions in this regard in political circles. Although the Mumbai Municipal Corporation already has its own public relations department and a central social media system, it is seen that a separate proposal of Rs 25 lakh has been proposed for the social media promotion of the mayor’s daily work and programs. This proposal has been presented before the standing committee for approval and it is being told that public representatives of the opposition parties have expressed strong displeasure over this proposal of the local administration. In this context, Mayor Ritu Tawde has now given an explanation. Ritu Tawde said that Runtime Solutions Private Limited was appointed through a tender process proposed 2 years ago to technically handle the official social media of the municipality, mybmc. The proposal to extend the term of this organization, which only provides technical manpower, for 1 year from August 2026 to July 2027 has already been approved by the Standing Committee.

The technical manpower required for the Mayor’s Office’s social media is being provided by this previously appointed organization, and I or my office have not appointed a separate organization for this promotional work or proposed to incur any additional expenditure. This expenditure is part of the integrated technical system of the entire municipality, please do not distort this fact.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai: ANC Worli unit raids Bandra, arrests Bihari auto-rickshaw drug smuggler with 10 kg hashish

Published

on

Mumbai: Anti-Narcotics Cell has claimed to have arrested a Bihari rickshaw driver-drug smuggler who was running a drug trafficking network in Mumbai. The Anti-Narcotics Cell (ANC) received information about a 31-year-old Bihari rickshaw driver that a drug smuggler from Mumbai was going to come here to buy and sell drugs, on the basis of which the ANC Worli unit laid a trap and arrested a suspect from Bandra. When he was searched, 10 kilograms of drugs worth Rs 10 crore were recovered from his possession. The above accused had come here to sell drugs in Mumbai. After his arrest, the ANC has become involved in tracing his associates and drug network. He also has three children and is a resident of Bihar, so the police are investigating every aspect related to his connection to Bihar and Mumbai. This operation has been carried out by ANC DCP Pranima Chogle on the instructions of Mumbai Police Commissioner Devin Bharti.

Continue Reading

Trending