Connect with us
Thursday,03-April-2025
Breaking News

Maharashtra

MP Navnit Rana’s MRI scan or ‘scam?’ – Shiv Sena ‘dissects’ Lilavati Hospital!

Published

on

In an unprecedented development, a team of senior Shiv Sena leaders trooped to the Lilavati Hospital on Monday to ascertain the exact medical details and certain irregularities that later emerged when independent MP Navneet Kaur-Rana was admitted there for three days last week after getting bail.

Simultaneously, the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC)’s H-West Ward Office slapped a show-cause notice to the Hospital seeking an explanation on several alleged violations of medical norms that have come to light, a day after Navneet was discharged (May 8).

The delegation led by Sena Spokespersons – medico Dr Manisha Kayande, former Mayor and nurse Kishori Pednekar, plus Rahul N. Kanal and Anil S. Kokil – was warmly ‘admitted’ to the hospital conference room by the management, along with a battery of the media.

In the ensuing ‘public hearing’, the Sena team called out for details of the MRI scan report of Navneet’s stint at the hospital and pointed out ‘wrongdoings’ as seen in photos/videos circulated on social media in the past few days.

“How was this kind of ‘shooting’ blatantly permitted inside the MRI room, under what circumstances and who authorised it, Dr Kayande grilled the hospital.

“Why were mobiles, cameras with metallic, electric or electronic devices allowed in the MRI room when it is banned as per the hospital rules for such sensitive locations,” shot out Pednekar.

Kanal and Kokil also fired searching questions on certain ‘unauthorised persons’ allegedly allowed entry to the VVIP patient’s room and even posing for selfies with the MP.

Dr Kayande and Pednekar wondered how the lady MP – who had complained of severe back pain and spondylosis – was made to lie on her back and how she lifted her head when being rolled inside the MRI machine.

“When she was rushed to the hospital, she appeared in great distress… then all these pictures/videos came out and on Sunday when she was discharged, she was absolutely fit and fine from her severe medical condition… We have raised our doubts,” Dr Kayande added.

Stunned by the volley fired by the aggressive Sena group, the Hospital management and some doctors were mumbling their replies, nodding silently or hanging their heads in embarrassment.

The Sena submitted a letter to the Hospital COO & Senior Consultant, Lt.Gen.(retd) Dr V. Ravishankar seeking replies to the purported irregularities perpetrated during Navneet’s sojourn there.

Referring to a January 2018 incident in which a 32-year-old man who entered a MRI scan room with a gas cylinder, was sucked inside an MRI machine and killed, the Sena asked: “Would the hospital management have taken responsibility for putting the Hon’ MP’s life at risk? We want a written reply to all these issues.”

The delegation said if the hospital management, doctors or paramedical staff were put under “any pressures” then they should come forward and give details since such things cannot be allowed in any hospital.

Incidentally, Lilavati Hospital in Bandra west is a favourite of many VVIPs, including Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray and his father, the Sena founder Balasaheb Thackeray, the late BJP strongman Pramod Mahajan, many film-stars, industrialists and more.

A BMC official said if the Hospital fails to submit its reply to the show-cause notice, the civic body would initiate appropriate action in the matter.

Despite repeated attempts by IANS, the Hospital management or trustees were not available for comments.

Maharashtra

New India Cooperative Bank embezzlement accused’s properties attached

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai Economic Branch (EOW) has also started property seizure proceedings in the case of embezzlement of crores of rupees from New India Cooperative Bank. EOW said that after identifying the properties obtained from the embezzled amount, it has been attached and seized. 5 accused have been arrested in this case and 21 immovable properties of these accused have been found, which have been allowed to be confiscated.

This is the first action under 107 BNSS in Mumbai city in which the property of the accused has been seized. Mumbai AOW said that the amount recovered from the seized properties will also be estimated. After the bank scam in Mumbai, EOW has taken major action and details of other properties of the accused are also being investigated.

Continue Reading

Crime

Mumbai Five members of Lawrence Bishnoi gang arrested, Mumbai Crime Branch gives a shock to Bishnoi gang

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai Crime Branch has claimed to have arrested five shooters of gangster Lawrence Bishnoi gang in a major operation. 5 revolvers and 21 live cartridges have been recovered from the possession of these shooters. Mumbai Police is also interrogating these shooters. Police arrested the attackers before they could execute the incident and averted the incident. Mumbai Crime Branch has arrested these five from Andheri area. They had come here with the intention of carrying out a major vandalism incident, but the police foiled the incident before that.

The arrested accused include Vikas Thakur, Samit Dilawar, Devendra Rupesh Saxena, Shreya Suresh Yadav, Vivek Gupta. Vikas Thakur is a resident of Versova Andheri, Samit Mukesh Kumar Dilawar is a resident of Sonipat, Haryana, Devendra Rupesh Saxena is a resident of Madhya Pradesh, Shreya Suresh Yadav is a resident of Jagdishpur, Bihar and Vivek Kumar Gupta is a resident of Rampur, Rajasthan.

Weapons have been recovered from their possession and the Crime Branch has registered a case against them under Section 3 and 25 of the BNS, Section 55 and 61 (2) and Maharashtra Police Act. The Crime Branch is investigating where the accused brought the weapons from.

After the shooting of Salman Khan, Lawrence Bishnoi gang is trying to become active in Mumbai, but due to the strict action of Mumbai Crime Branch, the back of the gang has been broken and now the Crime Branch has given a big blow to the Lawrence Bishnoi gang and arrested five of its members. The Crime Branch is further investigating the matter.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

It is unconstitutional to deprive SP MLA Raees Sheikh of his right to handle religious affairs under Article 26 of the Constitution

Published

on

Mumbai: Maharashtra MLA Raees Sheikh has opposed the introduction of the Wakf Bill in the Lok Sabha. Raees Sheikh has strongly criticized the BJP for creating a false narrative and called the bill a misconception and unconstitutional bill which is harmful for the poor of the society.

Shaikh further said that Article 26 of the Constitution guarantees freedom to run religious institutions. It is unconstitutional to take away the right of a person to run his institution under Article 26 of the Constitution. MLA Shaikh said that this move is against the constitutional guarantee of dealing with religious matters.

Shaikh said that the BJP government is showing the UPA government that it is doing politics of appeasement of a particular community, while the BJP-led government is not doing so. This is an attempt to spread a lie that allows the community to seize any land under Waqf or claim it to be Waqf. The Waqf Board is not a private organisation of the Muslim community but a statutory body established under the Waqf Act. In the process of declaring a property as Waqf, a government surveyor conducts a survey and officially declares the property as Waqf. Sheikh remarked that it is completely wrong to present the idea that Muslims can arbitrarily declare any property as Waqf.

Shaikh further said that he strongly opposes the false image being created by the government and the government has not considered the suggestions given by Muslims or the opposition. All Waqf governing boards and trusts have been given the option to exit the Waqf framework. This has weakened the system. “This is an unimaginable and unimaginable bill that only harms the poor of the society,” Sheikh said.

He further said that some provisions, such as the condition that the person making the donation should have been a Muslim for five years, are strange. Earlier encroachment on wakf property was a non-bailable offence, but now it has been made a criminal offence

Continue Reading

Trending