Connect with us
Friday,04-April-2025
Breaking News

General

Kerala CM to inaugurate 97 new schools; outlines safety measure for school buildings

Published

on

Safety of school buildings should be a priority and all of them should obtain fitness certificates before the academic year commences on June 5, the chief minister’s office on Monday said, following a meeting chaired by CM Pinarayi Vijayan, who is set to inaugurate as many as 97 new school buildings in the state.

The meeting, attended by State Education Minister V Sivankutty along with his cabinet colleagues K Radhakrishnan, M B Rajesh, Antony Raju, K Krishnankutty as well as Chief Secretary V P Joy, among other officials, deliberated on the safety of school buildings and related issues.

“Hazardous trees, boards and hoardings should be removed from school premises. Electric posts, wires standing in a dangerous manner en route to the school and in its vicinity should be removed. Drinking water sources should be cleaned and water purification processes, including chlorination should be completed. The quality of drinking water should be ensured,” the Chief Minister’s Office said in a release.

On May 23, Chief Minister Vijayan will inaugurate 97 new school buildings constructed at various locations across the state at an event scheduled to be held at Muzhuppilangad in Kannur District.

The Chief Minister directed that safety walls be constructed along water bodies, ponds and wells near schools.

The CMO said directions have also been issued to ensure that school buses and other private vehicles used to transport children to school also possess fitness certificates.

“Police clearance certificate should be issued after assessing the character of the staff in the school vehicles,” the CMO added.

The meeting has also decided to provide adequate training to students and staff in disaster mitigation and conduct mock drills for children with special needs.

Awareness programmes will be conducted in schools in areas prone to landslides and floods.

“It should be ensured that the Gothra Sarathi scheme, which was devised to bring children from tribal areas to school, continues. From June 1, the necessary vehicle facilities should be ensured to bring the children to school. Tribal promoters should be given special instructions to ensure that all children reach schools,” the release said.

Bollywood

Salman Khan’s stardom is on point! ‘Sikander’ becomes a blockbuster, collects more than ₹150 crore worldwide!

Published

on

Sajid Nadiadwala’s film ‘Sikander’, directed by A.R. Murugadoss and starring Salman Khan and Rashmika Mandanna, was no less than a gift for fans on the occasion of Eid. Due to Salman Khan’s tremendous fan following, the film has made a strong hold at the box office. Full of action, emotion and entertainment, ‘Sikander’ is continuously winning the hearts of the audience. In such a situation, the film has earned ₹7.02 crores on the fifth day of its release, which clearly shows that the film still has a hold.

The magic of ‘Sikander’ at the box office is not stopping, even if the film has to face record level piracy. This action packed entertainer, one of the biggest opening films of the year 2025, has maintained a strong hold in terms of earnings since its release. There was no decline in the earnings of ‘Sikander’ even on the fifth day. The film earned ₹ 7.02 crores even on a weekday like Monday, which proves its strong hold and craze among the audience. With this, the film has crossed the important milestone of ₹ 100 crores in India. So far, the total earnings of the film have reached ₹ 105.18 crores. The special thing is that ‘Sikander’ crossed the ₹ 100 crore mark worldwide on just the second day, which makes it one of the biggest success stories of 2025.

Salman Khan has made a strong comeback on the big screen, and this time the beautiful Rashmika Mandana is seen with him. Produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and directed by A.R. Directed by a master storyteller like Murugadoss, ‘Sikandar’ is currently performing well in theatres.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai Cleanup Marshal and Swachh Mumbai campaign ended, fine collection from citizens also stopped, BMC helpline number released

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai BMC has abolished the clean-up marshal policy, after which now the clean-up marshal has disappeared from the streets of the city. The Municipal Corporation has completely banned the clean-up marshal and the Swachh Mumbai Mission has been stopped. This means that now no clean-up marshal will be able to force citizens to pay fines or take any other punitive action. After complaints against clean-up marshals, Mumbai BMC has decided to stop and suspend the service of clean-up marshals from today.

The Solid Waste Management Department of Mumbai Municipal Corporation, under the Department of Garbage and Sanitation, oversees public cleanliness in Mumbai and the ‘Swachh Mumbai Mission’ has been closed from April 4, 2025. However, the Municipal Corporation administration has appealed to the citizens that if any fine has been imposed on them despite this, then they can complain about it. Complaints regarding cleanup marshals can be made to the divisional control room of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation at 022-23855128 and 022-23877691 (extension number 549/500).

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

New India Cooperative Bank embezzlement accused’s properties attached

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai Economic Branch (EOW) has also started property seizure proceedings in the case of embezzlement of crores of rupees from New India Cooperative Bank. EOW said that after identifying the properties obtained from the embezzled amount, it has been attached and seized. 5 accused have been arrested in this case and 21 immovable properties of these accused have been found, which have been allowed to be confiscated.

This is the first action under 107 BNSS in Mumbai city in which the property of the accused has been seized. Mumbai AOW said that the amount recovered from the seized properties will also be estimated. After the bank scam in Mumbai, EOW has taken major action and details of other properties of the accused are also being investigated.

Continue Reading

Trending