Entertainment
Hyderabad BJP MLA detained ahead of comedian Munawar Faruqui’s show
Hyderabad police on Friday detained BJP MLA T. Raja Singh who had threatened to burn down the venue of stand-up comedian Munawar Faruqui’s show scheduled to be held here Saturday.
As Raja Singh along with his supporters was trying to leave for Shilpa Kala Vedika, the venue of the show, police detained him and shifted him to Bolaram police station.
The controversial MLA told media persons before being taken in a police vehicle that he was not being given any information by the police.
Raja Singh’s supporters raised slogans against the state government and Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao when police officials detained him from his office in Mangalhat. Some of them tried to block the police vehicle but were taken into custody.
Police had tightened the security at the MLA’s office since morning following information that he and his supporters may create disturbances at the venue.
Raja Singh, who represents Goshamahal constituency in Hyderabad, had warned that if the comedian goes ahead with the show, he would beat him up and burn down the venue.
A video of the MLA, threatening the comedian, had surfaced on social media last week. He alleged that Faruqui had hurt the religious sentiments of Hindus by making jokes on their gods.
The BJP MLA’s warning came after Munawar took to his Instagram account to announce his show “Dongri to Nowhere” in Hyderabad on August 20.
He had earlier planned to perform in Hyderabad in January but the show had to be canceled due to a surge in Covid-19 cases.
“In the past too, our idiot minister KTR had offered police protection and invited him, saying his event will be a great success. But even then, when Hindu groups across Telangana united to threaten him, he got scared and cancelled the event,” Raja Singh said, in a reference to state minster K.T. Rama Rao.
“I am seriously telling this. Everybody knows about the law and order in Telangana. I am telling KTR, if you don’t want this to deteriorate further, don’t allow the comedian in Hyderabad,” the MLA from Goshamahal said.
The BJP leader went on to issue an open threat. “See what will happen, If they invite him. Wherever the program is, we will go and beat him up. Whoever offers him a venue, we will burn it down. If something goes wrong, KTR and the government and police officers will be responsible,” Raja Singh said.
The BJP leaders had similar threats in January when Munawar had planned to perform. However, the show had to be cancelled due to restrictions imposed on public gatherings in view of a surge in Covid cases.
Faruqui had announced his Hyderabad show on December 22, 2021, days after KTR had extended him an open invite to perform in Hyderabad, saying the city is truly cosmopolitan.
The stand-up comedian had earlier tweeted that he was receiving several calls and mails from Hyderabad to perform in the city.
Bollywood
252-Crore Drugs Case: Social Media Influencer Orry Appears Before Mumbai Crime Branch’s ANC Ghatkopar Unit

Mumbai: In a major development in the ₹252-crore drug trafficking case, social media influencer Orry appeared before the Ghatkopar Unit of the Anti-Narcotics Cell (ANC) of the Mumbai Crime Branch today for questioning.
The ANC had issued a second summons to Orry, directing him to join the investigation. Earlier, he was summoned on November 20, but he informed the agency that he would not be available until November 25. Following this, a second summons was issued, requiring him to appear on November 26.
The ANC is expected to record Orry’s statement as part of the ongoing probe into the high-profile drugs syndicate.
Further details are awaited as the investigation continues.
Crime
Clock starts to tick for actor Dileep as court verdict in actress abduction case slated for Dec 8

Kochi, Nov 25: A Kerala court on Tuesday announced that it will pronounce its verdict on December 8 in the sensational 2017 actress abduction and assault case, in which popular Malayalam actor Dileep stands as the eighth accused, charged with criminal conspiracy.
The Ernakulam Principal Sessions Court has directed all 10 accused to be present in the Court on December 8.
Dileep was arrested and spent several weeks in jail before getting bail in 2017.
The case stems from one of the most shocking incidents in Kerala’s recent history.
On February 17, 2017, a leading Malayalam actress was abducted and sexually assaulted inside a moving car while travelling from a film set in Thrissur to Kochi.
The prime accused, Sunil Kumar alias Pulsar Suni, was arrested soon after, along with his close associates, all alleged to be part of the assault plan.
After spending seven years in jail, Suni was recently granted bail by the Supreme Court.
Investigators state that Suni had been working on film shooting sets as a driver since 2010 and had known Dileep personally.
According to the police charge sheet, Dileep allegedly harboured deep personal resentment against the actress, accusing her of informing his former wife about his alleged relationship with another actor — a development that reportedly caused friction and led to marital upheaval.
The prosecution claims this strained personal equation led to a conspiracy, with Dileep purportedly seeking revenge by using Suni and his associates to intimidate and humiliate the actress.
Dileep, however, has consistently denied all allegations, claiming he has been framed.
The case, unprecedented for its combination of cinema and crime, has seen prolonged legal proceedings, high-stakes witness testimonies, multiple forensic examinations, allegations of evidence tampering, and intense media scrutiny over the years.
As the court moves toward the long-awaited verdict, the Malayalam film industry, legal observers, and the public are preparing for a judgment that could have far-reaching implications not just for the high-profile accused but for questions of justice, accountability, and the rights of survivors in India’s entertainment sector.
Bollywood
Kareena Kapoor wishes ‘darling bro’ Armaan Jain on b’day: Can’t wait to celebrate soon

Mumbai, Nov 25: Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared a warm note for her cousin Armaan Jain on his birthday on Tuesday. Calling him her “darling bro”, the diva said she “can’t wait to celebrate soon.”
Taking to her Instagram stories, Kareena showered Armaan with love and good wishes, making the family moment a highlight for fans. She even shared a monochrome picture posing next to Armaan and his wife Anissa Malhotra.
For the caption, she wrote: “Happy birthday darling bro Love you loads and loads.Can’t wait to celebrate soon @therealarmaanjain.”
Kareena and Armaan are making headlines for the Netflix special “Dining with the Kapoors.”
The hour-long special brings together cousins, siblings, uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, and in-laws for a lively and candid celebration of family bonds. Directed by Smriti Mundhra and created by Armaan, “Dining with the Kapoors” offers a glimpse into the family’s cherished traditions.
One moment from the special showed Kareena Kapoor calling the family “funny, loving, and united,” while also highlighting their shared love for food. It was revealed that Armaan had organized the luncheon to commemorate what would have been Raj Kapoor’s 100th birth anniversary.
On the work front, Kareena was last seen in Singham Again starring Ajay Devgn. It also features Ranveer Singh, Akshay Kumar, Deepika Padukone, Tiger Shroff, Arjun Kapoor and Jackie Shroff.
Kareena is currently shooting for ‘Daayra’ with Meghna Gulzar and Prithviraj Sukumaran. “Daayra” delves deep into the complexities of today’s society, confronting urgent and unsettling truths that resonate with the times.
This gripping crime-drama thriller unravels the timeless conflict between crime, punishment, and justice, with Kareena and Prithviraj bringing raw intensity and gravitas to their powerful roles.
Following the success of “Sam Bahadur,” this marks Meghna’s next directorial venture, a gripping tale that brings together a powerhouse creative team and a compelling narrative.
-
Crime3 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra1 year agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News1 year agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News1 year agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime1 year agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
