Connect with us
Saturday,29-November-2025
Breaking News

National News

Govt Disburses ₹20,657 Cr To 9.58 Crore Farmers In 18th Installments Of PM-KISAN Samman Nidhi Scheme

Published

on

The government has disbursed Rs 20,657 crore to over 9.58 crore farmers in the latest 18th installment under the PM-KISAN scheme.

In a written reply to Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Agriculture Ram Nath Thakur informed that 9,58,97,635 farmers received Rs 20,657.36 crore under the PM-KISAN’s 18th installment for August-November 2024 period.

“The PM-KISAN scheme is a central sector scheme launched in February 2019 by the Prime Minister to supplement the financial needs of land-holding farmers.

“Under the scheme, a financial benefit of Rs 6,000 per year is transferred in three equal installments, into the Aadhaar-seeded bank accounts of farmers through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode,” he said.

A farmer-centric digital infrastructure has ensured the benefits of the scheme reach all the farmers across the country without the involvement of any middlemen, he added.

“Maintaining absolute transparency in registering and verifying beneficiaries, the Government of India has disbursed over Rs 3.46 lakh crore in 18 installments since inception. During the release of the 18th installment of PMKisan, over 9.58 cr beneficiaries received the benefit of the scheme,” Thakur said.

Answering a separate question, he informed that the recoveries from ineligible farmers marked due to income tax payee, higher income groups, government employees etc. have been initiated by the concerned state governments.

“A total of Rs 335 crore has been recovered from the ineligible beneficiaries so far across the country,” the minister said.

In reply to another query, Thakur said, “Presently, there is no proposal under consideration to expand the scheme to tenant farmers”.

Mumbai Press Exclusive News

Jogeshwari POCSO case: Accused out on bail arrested again

Published

on

Mumbai: A fugitive accused involved in the Mumbai Pisco case has been arrested again by the Jogeshwari police after 6 years. In Jogeshwari, Mumbai, accused Pankaj Panchal, 27, was arrested in 2019 in the Pisco child abuse and exploitation case and was on bail but was absent from court proceedings and had been hiding his identity for the last 6 years. The police received information that the accused had come near the SRA building, on which the police laid a trap and succeeded in arresting the accused from Jogeshwari. The court had also issued a non-bailable warrant against him, after which the police complied with it and arrested him and presented him in the court and the court has sent him on remand. The police are investigating further. This information has been given by DCP Datta Nalawade of Mumbai Police Zone 10.

Continue Reading

Business

Ashwini Vaishnaw flags off Swarnanagari Express, connecting Jaisalmer to Delhi

Published

on

Jaipur, Nov 29: Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw and Union Tourism Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat jointly flagged off the Swarnanagari Express on Saturday, which will connect Jaisalmer with Delhi.

During the inauguration ceremony, responding to the request of Union Minister Shekhawat and the locals, the Railways Minister announced the renaming of the newly-launched train from Jaisalmer–Shakur Basti–Jaisalmer to Swarnanagari Express.

He announced that the train will begin regular operations on December 1.

The minister said that development work at Jaisalmer railway station is in its final phase and is expected to be completed within a month.

“Efforts will be made to ensure that Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates the upgraded station,” he said.

Union Minister Vaishnaw also confirmed that the railway line between Jaisalmer and Jodhpur will be upgraded soon.

According to officials, these initiatives will significantly improve connectivity, boost tourism, and strengthen strategic infrastructure in the border region.

Ashwini Vaishnaw said that the connectivity will strengthen national security.

Preparations are underway to connect several regions along the Rajasthan–Pakistan border with new railway lines.

He said that extending rail connectivity to these sensitive areas will significantly enhance the country’s security infrastructure.

Under this initiative, new railway lines are proposed for Anupgarh, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Barmer, and Bhildi.

The minister arrived in Jaisalmer on Saturday to inaugurate a new train service to Delhi.

The minister also visited stalls under the One Station, One Product scheme and made purchases to promote local artisans.

He said that the Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the proposed border-area railway lines is being prepared and will be completed in the coming months.

“A complete effort will be made to connect the entire border region,” he assured.

He added that railway projects worth approximately Rs 55,000 crore are currently in progress across Rajasthan, including the redevelopment of 85 railway stations.

Work is also advancing on multiple new railway corridors and infrastructure projects.

The new initiatives, officials said, will improve connectivity, boost tourism, and strengthen strategic infrastructure in the border region.

Continue Reading

Mumbai Press Exclusive News

MHADA to Blacklist Developer, File Criminal Case in Nagpada Redevelopment Mess

Published

on

Mumbai: In a significant move aimed at protecting long-awaited tenant rehabilitation, the Maharashtra Government has approved the compulsory acquisition of three severely dilapidated buildings in Nagpada—Taumbawala Building, Deoji Darsi Building, and Zohra Mansion—after a decade-long delay in redevelopment.

The approval, issued through a Government Resolution dated 28 November 2025, empowers MHADA to take control of the stalled project under the amended provisions of the MHADA Act, 1976, following recent directions from the Bombay High Court.

The three buildings, located on Chhouthi Peer Khan Street and falling under C.S. Nos. 1458, 1459, and 1460 in the Byculla Division, were part of an extensive redevelopment plan covering several structures, including Building Nos. 13–13A, 13B, 15, 17, 19, 21–23, 31–33, and 35–37.

Although the developer managed to complete the structural framework of a proposed ground + 20-storey tower, the project has remained stagnant for nearly ten years. Key failures highlighted by authorities include:

  • Not providing permanent housing to tenants
  • Non-payment of transit rent for the last three years
  • Extremely slow progress in internal construction
  • Rising complaints and grievances from tenants

The situation prompted affected tenants to approach the Bombay High Court. On 1 October 2025, the Court directed the State to take necessary action under the MHADA Act, setting the stage for the latest government intervention.

Acting on MHADA’s proposal, the State Government has now sanctioned the compulsory acquisition of the 1,532.63 sq. m. land parcel on which the three buildings stand. MHADA will assume control to complete the long-pending redevelopment work and ensure rehabilitation of residents.

As part of the acquisition process, the government has laid down several mandatory conditions:

The developer must submit complete details of:

  • Third-party rights
  • Bank loans and financial liabilities
  • Any other encumbrances

Only after reviewing these disclosures will the State grant final approval.

The government has ordered:

  • Blacklisting of the developer
  • Criminal proceedings for negligence and failure to fulfill obligations
  • Intimation to agencies including the BMC and other relevant departments

MHADA and the Mumbai Building Repair and Reconstruction Board must adhere to the Housing Department’s guidelines issued on 22 August 2023, and secure all required approvals before taking over the project.

Authorities have also been instructed to initiate immediate legal and administrative measures to take physical possession of the property.

Redevelopment of Mumbai’s aging and precarious buildings has long been plagued by delays, disputes, and stalled projects. The State’s decision to step in reinforces the strengthened provisions of the MHADA Act, which empower authorities to take over unsafe and defaulted redevelopment projects in the interest of residents.

With the acquisition now cleared, MHADA will move ahead with completing the redevelopment and finally rehabilitating the displaced families of Zohra Mansion, Taumbawala Building, and Deoji Darsi Building—offering hope to tenants who have waited more than a decade for secure housing.

Continue Reading

Trending