Connect with us
Monday,10-August-2026
Breaking News

Maharashtra

‘Big Chance For Maharashtra’: CM Eknath Shinde As He Departs For Davos To Attend World Economic Forum

Published

on

Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde arrived at Mumbai Airport on Monday to travel to Davos to attend the World Economic Forum. He stressed that Maharashtra will get a chance for branding and showcasing at the international level at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos.

Speaking to reporters, Eknath Shinde said, “This is a big chance for Maharashtra, as Maharashtra will get a chance for branding and showcasing at the international level at the World Economic Forum in Davos, where people from all over the world come. Prominent people come, heads of the country come, and there is a huge opportunity for Maharashtra.”

Recalling Maharashtra’s participation in WEF in 2023, he said that Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) worth Rs 1,37,000 crore were signed and their execution took place. He noted that more MoUs will be signed in 2024 and their execution will be done on a large scale, and he added that it will bring employment to the whole state.

Eknath Shinde said, “Last time also, MoUs were signed worth Rs 1,37,000 crores. There was a 76 per cent conversion, and execution took place. This time too, there is a lot of hope that more MoUs will be signed than last year, and its conversion execution will also be done on a large scale. This will bring industry not only to big cities but also to rural areas of the state, and everyone will get employment.”

Rs 1 Trillion Target Set In Maharashtra

“The industry will progress. Before our government came, our state had reached the third-fourth spot. However, as soon as our government was formed, our state became number one in FDI. The respected Prime Minister’s dream of 5 trillion dollars goes through Maharashtra. We have set a target of Rs 1 trillion in Maharashtra.”

Highlighting the willingness of people to invest in Maharashtra, Shinde said, “People are ready to come to Maharashtra as there is huge potential in Maharashtra. There is infrastructure, connectivity, and skilled manpower. The industry policy in Maharashtra is very flexible. This visit to Davos will be more successful than last time, and MoUs will be signed and their conversion will also take place.”

Maharashtra Will Get The Highest Investment: Minister of Industries, Uday Samant

Maharashtra’s Minister of Industries, Uday Samant, said they are departing for Davos to attend the World Economic Forum. He stated that Maharashtra will receive the highest investment and historical MoUs will be signed during the visit.

Speaking to reporters, he said, “Under the leadership of Maharashtra CM Eknath Shinde, we are departing for the World Economic Forum at Davos. I can assure you that under the leadership of Eknath Shinde, Ajit Pawar, and Devendra Fadnavis, Maharashtra will get the highest investment and historical MOUs will be signed. What investment we will be getting will be revealed after we come back from there.”

The World Economic Forum is an international non-governmental organisation for public-private sector collaboration based in Cologny, Switzerland.

The 54th Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum will provide space to focus on the fundamental principles driving trust, including transparency, consistency, and accountability, as per the forum’s official website.

This annual meeting will welcome over 100 governments, all major international organisations, 1000 forum partners, as well as civil society leaders, experts, youth representatives, social entrepreneurs, and news outlets.

Maharashtra

7 accused arrested in cyber fraud case of over Rs 1 crore in Mumbai

Published

on

Mumbai: The Cyber ​​Police Station has claimed to have solved the mystery of a cyber crime in which the complainant was threatened with digital arrest on WhatsApp from April 2 to April 18, 2026, and was involved in a money laundering case and was defrauded of Rs 16.74 crore online by sending fake electronic documents. During the technical investigation, the police have arrested 7 accused, identified as Sanjay Hiralal, 57, who used to generate OTPs, the 32-year-old female accused used to hide the fraudulent money, Rishi Ramchandra Meena, 38, who used to transfer the fraudulent money to bank accounts, Naushad Ali, 31, who digitally arrested the complainant and the victim and worked in this gang digitally, Muhammad Khalid Hafeezuddin Saif, 27, a digital expert, Jogesh Mehta, 43, and Zubair Hussain, 27, who helped them deposit the fraudulent money in their accounts. 613 mobile phones, 2 laptops, 5 digital sign devices were recovered from the possession of the accused. SIM cards of several companies, 10 cheque books, 2 passbooks and 2 ATM cards have been seized. DCP Bajrang Bansode told the press conference that there is no such thing as digital arrest and in such a situation, do not keep in touch on unknown social media accounts. If someone threatens digital arrest, do not believe them.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai: Mystery of Santa Cruz robbery solved during police operation, person who deposited stolen money in bank also identified, one arrested

Published

on

Mumbai: After solving the mystery of a robbery in Santa Cruz area, the police have claimed to have seized cash and other jewelries worth Rs 76.36 lakh. According to the details, between June 20 and June 27, an unknown thief broke into a house on Juhu Tara Road in Santa Cruz area for the purpose of robbery and escaped with the jewelries, cash and gold biscuits in the cupboard. In this case, the police arrested the accused Chandan Kamlesh Mukhiya, 26, a resident of Darbhanga, during technical investigation. His transit remand was obtained and he was produced in Mumbai. In this case, another absconding accused is being sought. During the investigation, it has been revealed that with the help of the absconding accused, the thief had asked his acquaintance Kailash Shah to buy land with the money and stolen property. Therefore, Kailash Shah collected the cash and transferred it to a bank account. During the investigation, the police found that Kailash Shah had collected the stolen money of Rs 46.31 lakh, therefore, the police have issued a notice to him. 200 grams of gold jewelry and Rolex watches have also been recovered. This operation was carried out under the guidance of Mumbai Additional Commissioner Abhinav Deshmukh and DCP Mohit Kumar Garg, while Santa Cruz Senior Police Inspector Dattatreya Masvekar played an important role in solving the mystery of this theft.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Demand for immediate installation of bus shelters in Govindi Shivaji Nagar, Abu Asim Azmi submits memorandum to BEST administration, concerned about safety of passengers

Published

on

Residents of Mumbai, Shivaji Nagar and Govind (M-East Ward) areas face significant hardship during summer, monsoon and inclement weather due to lack of bus shelters and seating arrangements at major bus stops. In this backdrop, Samajwadi Party Maharashtra state president and MLA Abu Asim Azmi has submitted a memorandum to BEST Committee Chairperson Trishna Vishwasrao, demanding immediate installation of robust bus shelters and seating facilities at these locations. Shivaji Nagar depot is one of the largest depots in Mumbai, serving a large number of passengers daily. Around 132 BEST buses ply in this area, and thousands of school and college students, women, senior citizens, pregnant women, disabled persons and workers rely on BEST services. In his memorandum, Azmi said that essential passenger amenities are missing at many of the six major bus stops in the area. Specifically, these include stops at Shivaji Nagar Depot Junction, Konkan Bank and Sai Mandir, Jafri School, 10 Feet Road No. 2, Sant Nirankari Nagar, and New Bus Depot. Due to the lack of safe waiting areas, passengers are forced to stand on the roadside and wait for buses. The memorandum highlights that this situation is especially bad for women, senior citizens, pregnant women and disabled passengers. Azmi also observed that local residents have been continuously following up with the depot manager and the civic department since 2023. Although the approval for the bus stop on Road No. 2 was reportedly given in 2024, the work has not yet started, leading to dissatisfaction among residents. Demand for joint inspection of all bus stops Azmi has demanded that the issue be taken seriously and a joint inspection of all bus stops be conducted immediately with representatives of local citizens. He further stressed that the work should be completed by installing robust bus shelters and seating arrangements at the relevant locations using BEST’s infrastructure fund.

BEST serves as a vital lifeline for the daily commute of millions of Mumbaikars, and it is essential that commuters have access to safe and dignified travel facilities. Hence, Azmi has demanded immediate action on the matter.

Continue Reading

Trending