The body of Ankita Bhandari, a 19-year-old staffer at a resort in Uttarakhand who went missing a few days ago, was recovered from the Chilla canal in the state on Saturday and Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has ordered an SIT probe led by DIG P. Renuka Devi to probe the murder.
The prime accused in the case is BJP leader Vinod Arya’s son Pulkit Arya.
Ankita, a resident of Dobhin Srikot, who used to work in the Vantara resort in Uttarakhand’s Pauri Garhwal. She went missing on September 18.
The BJP has removed Vinod Arya as well as his other son Ankit following the incident.
Taking to Twitter, Dhami poste:, “Today morning, daughter Ankita’s body was recovered. Heart-broken with this heart-wrenching incident.”
On directions of the Chief Minister, the JCB razed to ground accused’s illegal resort on Friday night.
Strict action will be taken against the officers who were involved in the illegal construction of the resort, Dhami said.
“It is our resolve that the those guilty of this heinous crime will bot be spared,” he added.
Ankita’s family had lodged a missing complaint on September 21 with the revenue police and on the District Magistrate’s direction, the matter was trasferred to regular police the next day.
Taking cognisance of the incident, Ashok Kumar, Director General of Police, Uttarakhand, had directed the Superintendent of Police, Pauri for a speedy investigation into the incident.
Following their arrest, they told the police that after murdering Ankita, they threw her body in Chila Shakti canal.
Under the guidance of DGP Uttarakhand, the SDRF started search for Ankita in Shakti Canal, Chila Power House.
SDRF rescue team has been searching the spot and the deep divers were also looking for the body in the bottom of the canal.
The search operation had resumed this morning during which the body was found.
The body has been handed over to the district police.
Police says no evidence traceable in rape case against BJP MLA Ganesh Naik; files ‘a summary’ report to HC
The Navi Mumbai police on Friday informed the Bombay High Court it has not traced any evidence in the rape case lodged against Bharatiya Janata Party MLA Ganesh Naik and have submitted an ‘A Summary’ report to the local court.
An ‘A Summary’ report is filed in a case where the offence is made out but the evidence is not traceable or the accused persons are not found.
In April this year, a 42-year-old woman registered a case against Naik alleging he had raped and threatened her.
According to the complaint, the woman and Naik were in a live-in relationship since 1995 and they also have a child together.
Naik had, in May, approached HC seeking pre-arrest bail. He was granted interim bail at the time.
On Friday, when his plea came up for hearing before a division bench of Justices Revati Mohite Dere and R N Laddha, additional government pleader Prajakta Shinde said the police has submitted an ‘A Summary’ report in the case in September this year.
Naik’s counsel Ashok Mundargi sought the bench to direct the local court to dispose of the matter expeditiously.
“The case has a political angle to it and in such cases the matter is kept deliberately pending. After the police submitted its report, the court issued notice to the complainant and since then the matter is pending,” Mundargi said.
The bench then directed the magistrate’s court to dispose of the case within three months. The 42 year old woman claimed in her complaint she was in a live-in relationship with Naik since 1995. They met in a club in 1993, where she was a receptionist, and fell in love.
The FIR also pointed out they had a sexual relationship and have a child. The woman alleged Naik was not treating her well and was avoiding her calls.
There were constant quarrels as well, and during one such incident Naik allegedly threatened her with a gun, as per the complaint. After this incident, she proceeded to file a complaint and an FIR was registered.
Naik had contended that for an incident which happened in 1995, the allegations were made in 2022, which was belated. He also pointed out the case was being backed by his political rivals for revenge against him.
Shraddha murder case: Aaftab’s post-narco test concludes
The post-narco test of Aaftab Amin Poonawalla, the accused in the ghastly murder of his live-in partner Shraddha Walkar in Delhi’s Mehrauli area, concluded on Friday. His test was conducted inside the Tihar prison by the FSL officials.
As per sources, the team from the Forensic Science Laboratory, Rohini had reached Tihar jail for the post-narco test at around 11.30 a.m.
“A four-member team had reached Tihar Jail No.-4 on Friday along with the investigating officer for a post-narco analysis session of Aaftab,” said a senior FSL official.
“The test started around 12. He was again asked similar questions and his answers will be matched with the questions from the previous narco analysis session,” said the sources.
If needed, the narco test will be done again, claimed the sources.
Further details were awaited.
Meanwhile, the prison authorities have also increased the security of his barrack after the police van was attacked by men, who were armed with swords.
Though his confessions in the narco test cannot be used in the court, yet it proved that the investigators were proceeding in the right direction.
Pertinent to mention here that the findings of both polygraph and narco test are not admissible in the court. These tests will only help the Delhi Police gather evidence, and thereby increase the possibility of prosecution of the guilty.
Shraddha murder case: Narco test process begins on Aaftab
The process of Narco test on Aaftab Amin Poonawalla, who is an accused in the ghastly murder of his live-in partner Shraddha Walkar in Delhi’s Mehrauli area, began on Thursday morning, said Special Commissioner of Police (law & order), Sagar Preet Hooda.
According to sources, Aaftab was taken to the Ambedkar Hospital from Tihar at around 9 a.m.
Further details were awaited.
The polygraph test of Aaftab ended on Tuesday at the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) in Rohini.
According to a senior FSL official, Aaftab’s polygraph test is now complete and a detailed report will be shared in a day or two with the Delhi Police.
The sources said that a polygraph and a narco test is imperative in this case, as Aaftab, during interrogation, was deceptive in nature and tried to mislead the interrogators.
Shraddha and Aaftab had met through the dating app ‘Bumble’ in 2018. They had come to Delhi on May 8 and shifted to the Chattarpur area on May 15. On May 18, Aaftab allegedly killed Shraddha and then chopped her body into 35 pieces and threw the body parts across various places over a period of 18 days.
Did Mumbai police impose curfew in city? Watch what Joint CP Vishwas Nangre Patil has to say
BJP slams Cong for abusing PM Modi
On Camera: Fire engulfs apartment in Malad high-rise, no injuries reported so far
Mumbai: Will schools, colleges remain closed due to section 144 across the city? Here’s what we know
Mumbai: Virar-Dahanu railway project soon to be quadrupled
Mehrauli Murder: Aftab used Shraddha’s Insta till June
Authorities ban usage of 9 Jamaat-e-Islami properties in J&K’s Shopian
Dawood set up unit to target bizmen & politicians, says NIA charge sheet
SC upholds 10% EWS quota in admissions, jobs
After chopping his girlfriend into 35 pieces, Indian predator bought fridge to store them
Entertainment1 year ago
Targeted in Sandalwood drugs case for being a woman: Actress Ragini Dwivedi
Crime4 months ago
Class 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
Crime7 months ago
‘You must stop this’, SC expresses concern on hate speeches made at Dharam Sansads
Maharashtra1 year ago
Corona third wave knocked in Maharashtra!
Bollywood6 months ago
Anushka Sharma starts shooting for her ‘Chakda Xpress’
Uncategorized4 months ago
Sufi conference in J&K’s Bandipora hosts a sizeable gathering
Business5 months ago
IT department finds pharma group gave freebies worth Rs 1000 cr to health professionals
National News1 year ago
IAF aircraft carrying Rajnath Singh and Nitin Gadkari lands at NH in Rajasthan