Maharashtra
Mumbai: 4 Staff At Bandra Pub Charged With Assaulting 20-Year-Old Student

Police have charged four employees of a popular pub in Bandra (West) with causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons to a resident of Thane. Arnav Mishra, 20, a student at the University of British Columbia, Canada, suffered partial loss of vision after getting hit in the eye by a bouncer, named Vijay, at the pub.
The police filed an FIR against two bouncers, including Vijay, a manager and an unknown individual on Wednesday. They later arrested the bouncers.
Arnav had come to India on holiday in May. On June 28, he and his friends, Amey Badrapurkar, Amba Murugan and Shivani Ramaswami, went to Escobar at around 11.45pm. Arnav claimed that an unidentified individual (between 25 to 28 years old) “looked at him angrily”. At 12.30am, when he went to the bathroom, he saw the unidentified individual scolding a cleaning staff. Arnav intervened and asked the unidentified individual why he was speaking like that.
The unidentified individual replied, “Who are you?” Arnav ignored him, but the individual tried to argue and said, “Fight me if you dare.” Arnav left the bathroom. Later, Vijay told Arnav that the unidentified individual’s ego was hurt. After some time, Arnav and his friends went on the dance floor.
While they were dancing, the unidentified individual and Vijay approached Arnav. While the bouncer was talking to Arnav, the unidentified individual hit Arnav in the left eye with an iron object, causing partial loss of vision. Soon after, Vijay and another bouncer removed Arnav and his friends from the pub. Arnav told the police he suspected a few individuals had been stalking him for the previous few days.
Amey stated, “There was one more individual with the main accused. The main accused wore a Covid-19 mask and was heavily intoxicated. He was staring at us. He hit Arnav with some kind of iron rod. His vision is now partially impaired. The unidentified individual attacked us first, and the bouncers removed us instead of him. When we asked them to remove him, they told us to leave, or he would beat us again.”
The medical report confirmed the injuries sustained by Arnav. Arnav approached the police and registered a case against the unidentified individual, Vijay, another bouncer, and the manager of the pub.
Maharashtra
Struggle Against Land Mafia in Waqf Properties: New Amended Bill Adds to the Challenges

New Delhi : In the ongoing battle to protect Waqf properties and ensure their benefits reach the deserving, land mafias, encroachers, and illegal groups were already a major hurdle. Now, the government’s newly amended bill has emerged as another significant challenge. Advocate Dr. Syed Ejaz Abbas Naqvi has strongly criticized this move and demanded immediate reforms. He stated that the primary objective of Waqf was to benefit the needy, but unfortunately, this objective has completely failed. On the other hand, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), the largest Sikh religious organization, has been actively involved in the welfare of its community for decades. As a result, the Sikh community has nearly eradicated beggars and human rickshaw pullers.
Illegal Encroachments and Misuse of Waqf Lands Exposed :
According to Dr. Naqvi, Waqf properties have suffered the most due to unlawful encroachments by vested interest groups. The most unfortunate fact is that many Waqf lands were originally donated for the shrines (Dargahs) of Syed families, but they have been grossly misused. He revealed that a well-known individual shamelessly sold an acre of prime Waqf land on Mumbai’s Altamount Road for just 1.6 million rupees, a blatant violation of Waqf principles and laws.
Demand for a Stricter Amendment in Section 52 :
Dr. Naqvi has called on the government to take strict action against those who illegally sell Waqf properties. He has urged for an immediate amendment to Section 52 of the Waqf Act to introduce
capital punishment or life imprisonment* for unauthorized Waqf land sellers. This issue is a major setback for those fighting to safeguard Waqf properties, who are already battling corrupt elements and illegal land grabbers. It remains to be seen whether the government takes these concerns seriously and enacts effective legislation to protect Waqf lands.
Maharashtra
Mumbai Cleanup Marshal and Swachh Mumbai campaign ended, fine collection from citizens also stopped, BMC helpline number released

Mumbai: Mumbai BMC has abolished the clean-up marshal policy, after which now the clean-up marshal has disappeared from the streets of the city. The Municipal Corporation has completely banned the clean-up marshal and the Swachh Mumbai Mission has been stopped. This means that now no clean-up marshal will be able to force citizens to pay fines or take any other punitive action. After complaints against clean-up marshals, Mumbai BMC has decided to stop and suspend the service of clean-up marshals from today.
The Solid Waste Management Department of Mumbai Municipal Corporation, under the Department of Garbage and Sanitation, oversees public cleanliness in Mumbai and the ‘Swachh Mumbai Mission’ has been closed from April 4, 2025. However, the Municipal Corporation administration has appealed to the citizens that if any fine has been imposed on them despite this, then they can complain about it. Complaints regarding cleanup marshals can be made to the divisional control room of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation at 022-23855128 and 022-23877691 (extension number 549/500).
Maharashtra
New India Cooperative Bank embezzlement accused’s properties attached

Mumbai: Mumbai Economic Branch (EOW) has also started property seizure proceedings in the case of embezzlement of crores of rupees from New India Cooperative Bank. EOW said that after identifying the properties obtained from the embezzled amount, it has been attached and seized. 5 accused have been arrested in this case and 21 immovable properties of these accused have been found, which have been allowed to be confiscated.
This is the first action under 107 BNSS in Mumbai city in which the property of the accused has been seized. Mumbai AOW said that the amount recovered from the seized properties will also be estimated. After the bank scam in Mumbai, EOW has taken major action and details of other properties of the accused are also being investigated.
-
Crime3 years ago
Class 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra6 months ago
Mumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra6 months ago
Mumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra6 months ago
False photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News6 months ago
Ministry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Crime6 months ago
Baba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
-
Maharashtra5 months ago
Maharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News7 months ago
J&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface