Connect with us
Friday,04-April-2025
Breaking News

Maharashtra

Union Minister Nitin Gadkari Turns Critic Of His Own Party; Questions Maharashtra’s Ladki Bahin Scheme Ahead Of Assembly Polls

Published

on

Mumbai: In a classic case of realpolitik, Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has again turned critic of his own party, serving the Opposition on a platter as a talking point, neatly gift-wrapped for election. Gadkari, known for making discordant noises, has raised a red flag about the Maharashtra government’s Ladki Bahin scheme—an initiative aimed at providing financial assistance to women—that he feels might derail timely payments of subsidies in other sectors.

The irony is palpable as the opposition, with their well-trained radar for political missteps, has latched onto Gadkari’s comments. The Congress, the NCP (SP), and the Shiv Sena (UBT) wasted no time pointing out that if even those in power are admitting the state’s economy is in dire straits, perhaps we should all start panicking. Gadkari’s public take on the Ladki Bahin scheme and state finances is all the more significant considering the Maharashtra Assembly elections are slated after Diwali.

Union Minister Nitin Gadkari Expresses His Views

Speaking at a public event in Nagpur on Monday, he laid it all out: “Will investors get their subsidies on time? Who knows? We have to fund the Ladki Bahin scheme too!” In other words, he fears that funds previously earmarked for other subsidies will now be diverted.

As the Ladki Bahin Yojana rolls out, he bluntly warned “My opinion is that irrespective of the government, belonging to any party, keep the government at bay. Government is like a ‘vishkanya’ (poison maiden); whosoever goes along with it will doom themselves. So do not get into that matter,” he said in a lighter vein.

He went on to add, “If you are getting a subsidy, take it, but again, it is not sure when one will get it. With the Ladki Bahin Yojana being started, they have to use the funds allocated for subsidies for that work,” Gadkari said.

About Mukhyamantri Majhi Ladki Bahin Yojana

Under the state’s shining new ‘Mukhyamantri Majhi Ladki Bahin Yojana,’ women aged 21-65, regardless of marital status, will receive a monthly stipend of Rs 1,500 — assuming their family income doesn’t exceed Rs 2.5 lakh. All this comes at a cool cost of Rs 46,000 crore to the state’s treasury, just in time for the Maharashtra Assembly polls. Naturally, the opposition is ecstatic.

Congress has seized the moment to slam the Mahayuti government for its apparent lack of fiscal responsibility, with General Secretary Jairam Ramesh noting that this Ladki Bahin Yojana looks like a desperate electoral ploy designed to distract from the state’s economic woes. He pointed out that Gadkari, a senior Union Minister, is now publicly acknowledging Maharashtra’s fiscal troubles, which is a twist worthy of a soap opera. Ramesh highlighted the “financial ruin” caused by what he termed the BJP’s “puppet” government.

After all, nothing says fiscal responsibility like cancelling aid for families of farmers who committed suicide due to “emergency fund shortages”—only to reinstate it when the opposition made a fuss. He also mentioned the 400+ contractors left unpaid for 15 months and a fiscal deficit soaring past Rs 1 lakh crore—while the state’s total debt now eclipses Rs 7 lakh crore, roughly 20% of its GDP. A real feather in the cap!

Maharashtra

Mumbai Cleanup Marshal and Swachh Mumbai campaign ended, fine collection from citizens also stopped, BMC helpline number released

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai BMC has abolished the clean-up marshal policy, after which now the clean-up marshal has disappeared from the streets of the city. The Municipal Corporation has completely banned the clean-up marshal and the Swachh Mumbai Mission has been stopped. This means that now no clean-up marshal will be able to force citizens to pay fines or take any other punitive action. After complaints against clean-up marshals, Mumbai BMC has decided to stop and suspend the service of clean-up marshals from today.

The Solid Waste Management Department of Mumbai Municipal Corporation, under the Department of Garbage and Sanitation, oversees public cleanliness in Mumbai and the ‘Swachh Mumbai Mission’ has been closed from April 4, 2025. However, the Municipal Corporation administration has appealed to the citizens that if any fine has been imposed on them despite this, then they can complain about it. Complaints regarding cleanup marshals can be made to the divisional control room of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation at 022-23855128 and 022-23877691 (extension number 549/500).

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

New India Cooperative Bank embezzlement accused’s properties attached

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai Economic Branch (EOW) has also started property seizure proceedings in the case of embezzlement of crores of rupees from New India Cooperative Bank. EOW said that after identifying the properties obtained from the embezzled amount, it has been attached and seized. 5 accused have been arrested in this case and 21 immovable properties of these accused have been found, which have been allowed to be confiscated.

This is the first action under 107 BNSS in Mumbai city in which the property of the accused has been seized. Mumbai AOW said that the amount recovered from the seized properties will also be estimated. After the bank scam in Mumbai, EOW has taken major action and details of other properties of the accused are also being investigated.

Continue Reading

Crime

Mumbai Five members of Lawrence Bishnoi gang arrested, Mumbai Crime Branch gives a shock to Bishnoi gang

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai Crime Branch has claimed to have arrested five shooters of gangster Lawrence Bishnoi gang in a major operation. 5 revolvers and 21 live cartridges have been recovered from the possession of these shooters. Mumbai Police is also interrogating these shooters. Police arrested the attackers before they could execute the incident and averted the incident. Mumbai Crime Branch has arrested these five from Andheri area. They had come here with the intention of carrying out a major vandalism incident, but the police foiled the incident before that.

The arrested accused include Vikas Thakur, Samit Dilawar, Devendra Rupesh Saxena, Shreya Suresh Yadav, Vivek Gupta. Vikas Thakur is a resident of Versova Andheri, Samit Mukesh Kumar Dilawar is a resident of Sonipat, Haryana, Devendra Rupesh Saxena is a resident of Madhya Pradesh, Shreya Suresh Yadav is a resident of Jagdishpur, Bihar and Vivek Kumar Gupta is a resident of Rampur, Rajasthan.

Weapons have been recovered from their possession and the Crime Branch has registered a case against them under Section 3 and 25 of the BNS, Section 55 and 61 (2) and Maharashtra Police Act. The Crime Branch is investigating where the accused brought the weapons from.

After the shooting of Salman Khan, Lawrence Bishnoi gang is trying to become active in Mumbai, but due to the strict action of Mumbai Crime Branch, the back of the gang has been broken and now the Crime Branch has given a big blow to the Lawrence Bishnoi gang and arrested five of its members. The Crime Branch is further investigating the matter.

Continue Reading

Trending