The claim by a Telugu YouTuber that he visited Islam’s holiest site Mecca in Saudi Arabia has sparked a row with a section of netizens calling for action against him for violating the Saudi rules which do not permit a non-Muslim to enter the grand mosque.
Ravi Prabhu recently claimed in a live chat that he entered Mecca. He even showed a photograph on his mobile, which shows him standing near the holiest mosque with hands raised in supplication.
In another video clip, the traveller revealed that at the entry point to Mecca he was asked to recite some Quranic verses and when he recited the same, he was allowed.
However, the YouTuber’s claim kicked up a row with some netizens questioning his action and even demanding Saudi authorities to take action. In the wake of this controversy, Ravi stopped answering any questions about his alleged Mecca visit.
During the subsequent live sessions over social media, the traveler declined to answer any question about Mecca. Some of the netizens remarked that his action was not proper and legal. One of them even commented that he may face imprisonment for 8-10 years.
Another netizen stated that he may face the death sentence in Saudi Arabia for entering Mecca in violation of rules. A Twitter user has tagged Saudi authorities while demanding action against Ravi for allegedly using fake Muslim certificate to enter Mecca. He also posted a video of the traveler’s claims.
Ravi, whose YouTube channel Ravi Telugu Traveller has over 6 lakh subscribers, had claimed to be the first Telugu YouTuber to enter Mecca.
This came close on the heels of the reporter that an Israeli journalist managed to sneak into Mecca. Gil Tamary of Channel13 violated Saudi rules to enter the holy city. A Saudi citizen is reportedly facing prosecution for alleged complicity.
Ravi, an Indian American, claims to be the most travelled Telugu YouTuber. He has posted videos of his visit to various countries on his YouTube channel. He claims to have visited 187 of the 195 countries.
Action initiated, says SpiceJet on smoking video inside aircraft
Referring to a video making rounds on social media of a passenger smoking onboard a SpiceJet aircraft, the airline on Thursday said that the issue was probed, and necessary action was taken into the matter.
The passenger was put on a No Flying list by the airline for 15 days in February this year, said a SpiceJet spokesperson.
“The matter had been investigated thoroughly in January 2022 when the video was brought to our notice and a complaint had been filed by the airline with the Udyog Vihar police station in Gurugram. The video, the investigation had revealed, was shot on January 20 while passengers were boarding the flight SG 706 scheduled to operate from Dubai to Delhi,” said a SpiceJet spokesperson.
The airline said that the said passenger and his co-passengers shot the video on the 21st row when the cabin crew were occupied with completing the on-boarding procedure.
“None of the passengers or crew was aware of the act. The matter came to the airline’s notice on January 24 through social media posts,” it added.
The matter was referred to the Internal Committee constituted as per the provisions of Civil Aviation Requirements (CAR) on handling of unruly passengers (not consisting of any SpiceJet employee). The said passenger was put on a no flying list by the airline for 15 days in February.
Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Thursday directed the concerned authorities to probe a person who in violation of rules lit up a cigarette and smoked on an aircraft. Responding to a video on Twitter, Scindia said: “Investigating it. There will be no tolerance towards such hazardous behaviour.”
Gold, cash worth Rs 390 cr seized in week-long I-T raid in Maharashtra’s Jalna
The Income Tax Department has seized cash and valuables worth Rs 390 crore following a raid on the premises of Maharashtra’s Jalna businessman, who deals in garments, real estate and in steel.
I-T department’s 260 officials divided into five teams carried out a week-long raid. The agency used 120 vehicles to carry out this raid.
Sources said that they seized around Rs 58 crore in cash, 32 kg gold and valuable stones.
The source also said that it took 13 hours to count the cash.
“It was a week-long raid that started from August 1. Our Nasik Branch team got the tip off following which the raids were conducted. Seeing the gravity of the matter we formed teams of 260 officials divided into five teams. We also used 120 of our vehicles in the raid,” the source said.
The source said that the cash recovered from the premises of garments and steel businessman was taken to Nasik branch of State Bank of India, where it was counted for hours. The bank employees started counting the cash at around 11 a.m., which went on till 1 a.m.
The I-T department got the tip off that there were irregularities in the accounts of four steel companies after which the teams swung into action.
The team of 260 officials raided the factories but they didn’t recover anything. Later they raided a farm house where they found the huge cash and valuables.
Nupur Sharma Row: SC clubs, transfers all FIRs to Delhi Police
The Supreme Court on Wednesday transferred all the FIRs lodged against suspended BJP spokesperson Nupur Sharma over her controversial remarks on Prophet Muhammad to Delhi Police.
The top court gave her the liberty to approach the Delhi High Court for quashing of the FIRs, and also declined to entertain a plea moved by the West Bengal government for a court-monitored SIT probe.
A bench comprising justices Surya Kant and J.B. Pardiwala ordered clubbing of all the FIRs registered across the country against Sharma, which will be probed by the Delhi Police.
The top court in the process brushed aside vehement opposition by the West Bengal government, which wanted its police to be part of the SIT with the Delhi Police or a court-appointed SIT.
The bench allowed Sharma to move the Delhi High Court seeking quashing of the FIRs lodged or to be lodged for her alleged remarks in the future.
It added that all the FIRs to be lodged in future in connection with her remarks will be transferred to Delhi Police.
The top court made it clear that protection from arrest to Sharma will continue in all pending and future FIRs. The bench also noted that an FIR has been registered by the Intelligence Fusion and Strategic Operations (IFSO) unit of Delhi Police, which is a specialised agency, and suggested that it should carry out the investigation.
Senior advocate Menaka Guruswamy, representing the West Bengal government, objected to the transfer of FIRs to Delhi Police by saying that the first FIR against Sharma was registered in Mumbai, and argued that the accused cannot be allowed to pick the jurisdiction.
Senior Advocate Maninder Singh, appearing for Sharma, said the top court’s intervention is required, as his client has received life threats after the TV debate where she made the alleged remarks.
On July 19, the top court had ordered that no coercive action can be taken against Sharma in FIRs already registered and also in future FIRs in connection with her remarks.
The top court had said: “Meanwhile, as an interim measure it is directed that no coercive action shall be taken against Nupur Sharma pursuant to the impugned FIRs.”
Sharma had moved the Supreme Court seeking stay on her arrest in the nine FIRs filed against her for her remarks on Prophet Muhammad and also sought clubbing/quashing of the FIRs with the FIR registered in Delhi.
On July 1, the top court had minced no words in slamming Sharma, whose remarks on the Prophet sparked a nationwide controversy. The top court had said that her loose tongue has set the entire country on fire and her irresponsible remarks shows that she is “obstinate and arrogant”.
Danny Boyle saw Anil Kapoor’s ‘Taal’, offered him ‘Slumdog Millionaire’
The poet who first called for complete independence, coined ‘Inquilab Zindabad’
Taliban disperses women’s rally in Kabul with warning shots, violence
Kareena opens up on her iconic character Poo having her own movie
AAP emerging as possible headache for both BJP, Cong in MP
Sufi conference in J&K’s Bandipora hosts a sizeable gathering
Voting begins to elect new President of India
Balasaheb Thackeray’s grandson Nihar joins Eknath Shinde group
4 held for offering namaaz at Lulu mall
Health Ministry notifies new specified warnings for tobacco products
Crime2 years ago
Class 10 student shoots dead classmate in Uttar Pradesh school
Maharashtra1 year ago
Mumbai Mayor hits the streets, orders people to wear masks
Crime4 months ago
‘You must stop this’, SC expresses concern on hate speeches made at Dharam Sansads
Maharashtra11 months ago
Corona third wave knocked in Maharashtra!
National News11 months ago
IAF aircraft carrying Rajnath Singh and Nitin Gadkari lands at NH in Rajasthan
Entertainment1 year ago
Targeted in Sandalwood drugs case for being a woman: Actress Ragini Dwivedi
Bollywood3 months ago
Anushka Sharma starts shooting for her ‘Chakda Xpress’
Business1 month ago
IT department finds pharma group gave freebies worth Rs 1000 cr to health professionals