General
Passport applicants must upload documents on DigiLocker
Before online submission of passport application at www.passportindia.gov.in, the applicants should have uploaded the supporting documents on DigiLocker. This move has been made mandatory to minimise overall processing time and seamless verification of documents at the Passport Seva Kendra, said Regional Passport Officer B. Vasanthan.
In a release, he said from henceforth applicants need not bring the original documents to the PSKs, provided the same had been uploaded on DigiLocker. The Ministry has approved the acceptance of Aadhaar as document through DigiLocker during online submission of application. Applicants may complete the document upload process in DigiLocker in the portal itself. From August 5, Aadhaar would be accepted as one of the documents for proof of address or date of birth, he said.
Maharashtra
Mumbai Bandra Mosque martyred, violence, protest: Police accused of stone pelting, situation tense, peace maintained, 10 people arrested, operation launched for more arrests

During the demolition operation on railway land in Mumbai’s Bandra area, the situation became tense when a mosque located here was targeted. Muslims protested against the demolition of the mosque and at the same time, the police used light baton charge to disperse the crowd. Local Muslims accused the police of pelting stones at them. A video related to this has also gone viral on social media. An investigation is also underway. So far, the police have arrested 10 accused in the stone-pelting case and a case of attempted murder and rioting has been registered against them.
Tensions flared during the demolition operation in Mumbai’s Bandra East area, when the demolition operation allegedly turned violent, resulting in stone-pelting and clashes with police personnel. Following the incident, the Nirmal Nagar police registered an FIR against 10 identified accused and others under various sections of the BNS and other laws. According to the FIR, the incident took place on May 20 during an operation to remove illegal structures in the Garib Nagar area near Bandra East railway station. The operation was carried out following court orders and instructions regarding the scheduled demolition schedule. The authorities deployed Mumbai Police, Railway Protection Force (RPF), Home Guards and other personnel during the operation. According to the complaint, when the officials were carrying out the demolition operation, a crowd of about 100 to 150 people gathered at the spot and started protesting. The police authorities allegedly made repeated announcements to the people to disperse peacefully. However, the crowd is said to have become agitated and tried to disrupt the operation. The FIR further claims that some people in the crowd started shouting slogans and are said to have tried to prevent the demolition work by creating unrest. During the chaos, stones and other objects were said to have been hurled at the police and officials present at the spot, which increased tension in the area. Later, the police used mild force to control the situation and detained several people. It is said that several police officials were injured in the incident. The complaint specifically mentions the injuries of police officials and security personnel deployed during the operation. Later, the injured officials were given medical assistance. The police have named 10 accused in the FIR and have framed various charges related to illegal assembly, rioting, preventing government servants from doing their duty, damaging government property and assaulting government servants. The matter is under investigation. Authorities are also examining CCTV footage and other evidence to identify more people allegedly involved in the violence. Security has been increased in the area to ensure that there is no disruption of law and order in the future and no untoward incident occurs. After the stone-pelting incident, an attempt has started on social media to give it a Hindu-Muslim and religious color, which the police are monitoring.
Maharashtra
Mumbai: Stone-pelting case registered against police during Bandra mosque demolition, situation peaceful but tension remains, demolition process underway

Mumbai: The situation became tense after the demolition of a mosque in Mumbai’s Bandra Garib Nagar. After a clash between the police and protesters during the protest against the demolition of the mosque, the police resorted to light lathicharge here, after which the situation came under control, but the tension still persists. The police have detained about 7 to 10 protesters for stone-pelting, while now the situation here is certainly peaceful, but the tension persists. Demolition operations are underway in Bandra under heavy police arrangements. So far, more than 500 huts have been demolished and the settlement has been razed to the ground. The public protested against the BMC bulldozer and the road was blocked. The police closed the road in this area. The situation is now under control. The police said that a case has been registered after the incident of stone-pelting on the police. The police have now also started investigating the matter of stone-pelting and disturbing the situation in public places. The BMC’s action is ongoing. The situation had deteriorated after the demolition of the mosque, but the police have controlled it, which is also causing tension. Liaquat, a worshipper of the mosque, says that the police and BMC have suddenly carried out a demolition operation, while the mosque was not part of the demolition operation, yet it was targeted. Muslims are bound to be angry because the mosque was targeted, but the police started lathicharge on them, while the mosque is old and we used to offer prayers here, so this has deeply shocked us.
Maharashtra
Citizens’ complaints are like eyes and ears for the administration, take serious notice and prioritize timely solutions: Municipal Commissioner

Complaints made by Mumbai citizens regarding various civic amenities or issues are like eyes and ears for this administration. The administration gets a response (ready feedback) from it. Therefore, the complaints of the citizens should be taken seriously and timely resolution should be prioritized. Also, the ‘MARG’ (Complaint Management) application launched by the Municipal Corporation for complaints received through various channels should be used effectively. Arrangements should be made for pesticide control at construction sites. The Municipal Commissioner said that steps should be taken to dispose of food waste generated in roadside shops and food stalls. Ashwini Bhide visited the Pesticide Control Post on 74-Minute Road in Fort area this morning (May 20, 2026). This is Mumbai’s first and almost 100-year-old Pesticide Control Post. After this, he visited the A-2 Road Repair and Storage Post and Sewerage Post in ‘A’ Sector. Road repair and storage post in S.K. Patil Udayan, student study at Kamalabai Kanya School Road in ‘C’ sector; She visited the Nana Chowk area in ‘D’ sector, the pesticide post at Worli in ‘G’ South sector and the Love Grove Rainwater Harvesting Centre. She was speaking at the time.
Municipal Commissioner Ashwini Bhide said that special efforts should be made for pesticide control. Food waste is generated in large quantities in shops and food stalls on the roadside. Due to which the problem of rats, cats and mosquitoes also increases. Steps should be taken to dispose of the food waste generated at these places. Restaurants and food selling establishments should be encouraged to fill food waste in bags and hand it over to municipal waste collectors instead of throwing it elsewhere. Apart from this, the concerned construction professionals or developers should be advised to develop a system and deploy employees at the construction site to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes, Bhide also gave instructions on the occasion. Bhide further said that complaints and feedback regarding various civic amenities or issues are received from public representatives and citizens through helpline numbers, social media etc. These complaints or feedback are like eyes and ears for the administration. This gives the administration a real response (ready feedback). These complaints or feedback should be taken seriously and resolved immediately. In addition, the Municipal Corporation has launched a unified and dedicated application called ‘MARG’ (Complaint Management and Redressal) for complaints received through various channels like helpline numbers, social media etc. All the concerned officers and employees should use it effectively. In addition, they should try to perform better by showing their activity in their daily work. Meanwhile, the system of Udanchan Kendra should be kept ready before the monsoon season. Bhide also directed that pumping stations should be kept functional where rainwater collects.
During this, Bhide saw various equipment used for pest control and their demonstration and obtained information from the concerned employees. Apart from this, he obtained detailed information about various measures taken for rat control, overall work at the post etc. and verified the attendance records of the employees and other matters. On this occasion, Deputy Commissioner (Zone 1) Chanda Jadhav, Deputy Commissioner (Zone 2) Prashant Sapkale, Deputy Commissioner (Municipal Commissioner Office) Prashant Gaikwad, Assistant Commissioner (C Division) Alka Sasane, Assistant Commissioner (A Division) Gajanan Belle, Assistant Commissioner (D Division) Gajanan Belle, Assistant Commissioner (D Division), Mr. Salun’s officers, concerned officers etc. were present.
During this, Bhide interacted with the employees and workers of the departments of pesticides, sanitation, security etc. and found out their problems. S. Ka Patil also interacted with the citizens visiting the park and the students in the workshop. He also praised the employees and workers working at the pesticide post in D Division who won prizes in various competitions for performing their duties.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
