Connect with us
Saturday,29-November-2025
Breaking News

General

Long Queues At Petrol Pumps Across India As Truck Drivers Protest Against New Provision Under Hit & Run

Published

on

A day after Private bus and truck drivers staged protest across India against a new hit-and-run law, which attracts a 7-10 year prison sentence for drivers falling foul of it, massive chaos struck in various parts of the country.

Commuters face major inconvenience as transport drivers protest against new provisions in hit-and-run case introduced by Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita 2023.

Long queues at petrol pumps in Himachal

In Dharamshala of Himachal Pradesh, Long queues at petrol pumps were seen as Transport Association, drivers protested against new law on hit and run cases.

Similar situation in Maharashtra’s Nagpur

Visuals have also surfaced form Maharashtra’s Nagpur where Long queues were seen at petrol pumps due to the protests.

What is the strike all about?

Truck Drivers, taxi and bus operators have started a nation-wide strike to oppose the provision of ₹7 lakh penalty and 10-year jail term for hit-and-run cases under the newly-passed Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita. The All India Motor Transport Congress says these provisions which have yet to come in force can lead to undue harassment, and must be recalled.

Fuel, fruits & Vegetable supply to take a hit?

Media reports said that over 70% of the estimated 1.20 lakh trucks, tempos and containers in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) remained off the roads on Monday, and the three-day strike is likely to impact the distribution of fuel and hit fruits and vegetables supplies in the coming days.

Reports said that the truck drivers claimed that the law is completely unfair as regardless facts, in the case of an accident, it’s almost always the driver of the larger vehicle who is booked. Drivers further claimed that in most of the accidents they also suffer serious injuries but they receive no support.

Mumbai Press Exclusive News

Jogeshwari POCSO case: Accused out on bail arrested again

Published

on

Mumbai: A fugitive accused involved in the Mumbai Pisco case has been arrested again by the Jogeshwari police after 6 years. In Jogeshwari, Mumbai, accused Pankaj Panchal, 27, was arrested in 2019 in the Pisco child abuse and exploitation case and was on bail but was absent from court proceedings and had been hiding his identity for the last 6 years. The police received information that the accused had come near the SRA building, on which the police laid a trap and succeeded in arresting the accused from Jogeshwari. The court had also issued a non-bailable warrant against him, after which the police complied with it and arrested him and presented him in the court and the court has sent him on remand. The police are investigating further. This information has been given by DCP Datta Nalawade of Mumbai Police Zone 10.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Milind’s gangsters are a symbol of the city’s destruction, action is being taken under MPDA

Published

on

Mumbai: Milind Police have taken action against Tek Shankar Dhotre, who created terror here by intimidating shopkeepers, passers-by and rickshaw drivers and collected money by threatening them. The action has been taken on the instructions of Additional Commissioner Mahesh Patil. The accused is a terror in the area. A total of 6 cases of violence against him have been registered against him for collecting money. He intimidates traders and shopkeepers and collects money from him every month. No one used to speak out against him. In such a situation, the police took the complainant into confidence and took action against him. He is a terror in Milind. After taking action under the MPDA, the accused was taken into custody and deported from Mumbai to other cities. The Mumbai Police has now started action against such goons to restore the trust of the public towards the police so that the public’s trust in the police is established and the fear of the police remains in the hearts of the goons.

Continue Reading

Mumbai Press Exclusive News

MHADA to Blacklist Developer, File Criminal Case in Nagpada Redevelopment Mess

Published

on

Mumbai: In a significant move aimed at protecting long-awaited tenant rehabilitation, the Maharashtra Government has approved the compulsory acquisition of three severely dilapidated buildings in Nagpada—Taumbawala Building, Deoji Darsi Building, and Zohra Mansion—after a decade-long delay in redevelopment.

The approval, issued through a Government Resolution dated 28 November 2025, empowers MHADA to take control of the stalled project under the amended provisions of the MHADA Act, 1976, following recent directions from the Bombay High Court.

The three buildings, located on Chhouthi Peer Khan Street and falling under C.S. Nos. 1458, 1459, and 1460 in the Byculla Division, were part of an extensive redevelopment plan covering several structures, including Building Nos. 13–13A, 13B, 15, 17, 19, 21–23, 31–33, and 35–37.

Although the developer managed to complete the structural framework of a proposed ground + 20-storey tower, the project has remained stagnant for nearly ten years. Key failures highlighted by authorities include:

  • Not providing permanent housing to tenants
  • Non-payment of transit rent for the last three years
  • Extremely slow progress in internal construction
  • Rising complaints and grievances from tenants

The situation prompted affected tenants to approach the Bombay High Court. On 1 October 2025, the Court directed the State to take necessary action under the MHADA Act, setting the stage for the latest government intervention.

Acting on MHADA’s proposal, the State Government has now sanctioned the compulsory acquisition of the 1,532.63 sq. m. land parcel on which the three buildings stand. MHADA will assume control to complete the long-pending redevelopment work and ensure rehabilitation of residents.

As part of the acquisition process, the government has laid down several mandatory conditions:

The developer must submit complete details of:

  • Third-party rights
  • Bank loans and financial liabilities
  • Any other encumbrances

Only after reviewing these disclosures will the State grant final approval.

The government has ordered:

  • Blacklisting of the developer
  • Criminal proceedings for negligence and failure to fulfill obligations
  • Intimation to agencies including the BMC and other relevant departments

MHADA and the Mumbai Building Repair and Reconstruction Board must adhere to the Housing Department’s guidelines issued on 22 August 2023, and secure all required approvals before taking over the project.

Authorities have also been instructed to initiate immediate legal and administrative measures to take physical possession of the property.

Redevelopment of Mumbai’s aging and precarious buildings has long been plagued by delays, disputes, and stalled projects. The State’s decision to step in reinforces the strengthened provisions of the MHADA Act, which empower authorities to take over unsafe and defaulted redevelopment projects in the interest of residents.

With the acquisition now cleared, MHADA will move ahead with completing the redevelopment and finally rehabilitating the displaced families of Zohra Mansion, Taumbawala Building, and Deoji Darsi Building—offering hope to tenants who have waited more than a decade for secure housing.

Continue Reading

Trending