Crime
Delhi HC seeks updated report from Rajasthan Police on alleged illegal arrest of two ‘minors’
New Delhi, Oct 1: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday directed the Rajasthan Police to file an updated status report along with an inquiry report into the alleged illegal apprehension and detention of two “minor” boys, who were apprehended in Delhi and later taken to Rajasthan in connection with a theft and trespass case.
A bench of Justices Jyoti Singh and Anish Dayal was hearing a habeas corpus petition filed by street hawker Kapoori Bai, who alleged that her son, 15 and a relative’s son, 17, were forcibly taken away by unidentified men in civilian clothes from Janakpuri’s Dussehra Park on September 26.
According to a status report filed by the Rajasthan Police, the duo were arrested on September 29 and produced before a magistrate in Ajmer on September 30.
The report also highlighted that both accused had undergone medical examination at Ajmer’s Government JLN Hospital, and the medical report confirmed that they are over 19 years of age.
The Justice Singh-led Bench was further informed that an inquiry had been initiated against police officials for procedural lapses during the investigation.
In its order, the Delhi High Court recorded the petitioner’s objections that the “minors” had been kept in illegal custody for nearly four days, and that neither the Delhi Police nor their families were informed at the time of the inter-state arrest.
The petitioner’s counsel contended that the medical examination was conducted in a “shoddy manner” by merely relying on X-rays instead of following proper procedure and medical jurisprudence. He also stressed that the status report was silent on violations of Article 22(2) of the Constitution and the Delhi High Court guidelines on inter-state arrests.
After hearing the submissions, the Delhi High Court said: “Having given our thoughtful consideration to the respective submissions of the parties and on perusal of the status reports filed by the Delhi Police as also the Rajasthan Police, we are of the view that issues raised by the petitioner, more particularly, with respect to inter-state arrest, illegal apprehension and detention need consideration.”
It directed the Delhi Police to preserve CCTV footage of the area in the national capital from where the two “minors” were allegedly picked up.
“Insp. Ashu Girotra, SHO, PS Hari Nagar, is directed to place on record the CCTV footage in a pen drive along with still photographs from the relevant part of the footage, in a sealed cover, before this court. The CCTV footage shall be preserved till further orders of the court,” the order stated.
At the same time, the Justice Singh-led Bench clarified that the pendency of the writ petition would not bar the accused from seeking legal remedies in Rajasthan.
“It is open to the petitioner/accused persons to take recourse to appropriate remedies available in law, before the competent jurisdictional Court, if so advised, and the pendency of this case will not come in their way,” the order said.
The matter has been listed before the Roster Bench on October 8.
On Tuesday, the Delhi High Court had taken note of submissions by Delhi government’s standing counsel (criminal) Sanjay Lao that the Delhi police had not been informed before the arrests were made by the Rajasthan Police.
Given the sensitivity of the matter, especially since the family members are related to Deva Pardhi, who died in alleged custodial violence in July, the Justice Singh-led Bench ordered that a comprehensive report be filed under the signature of the Superintendent of Police, Ajmer.
“We are of the view that a detailed status report needs to be filed by Standing Counsel, State of Rajasthan… considering that S and the Petitioner are relatives of Deva Pardhi, it is directed that the status report will be filed under the signatures of Ms Vandita Rana, SP, Ajmer, Rajasthan,” it had ordered.
Crime
Mumbai Shocker! 40-Year-Old Man Allegedly Molests Minor Boy In Agripada; Hunt On For Absconding Accused

Mumbai: A case under POSCO has been registered against a 40-year-old man who has been allegedly accused of showing pornographic films and molesting a 13-year-old boy in Mumbai’s Agripada area.
the shocking incident took place at the Classic Tower residential society located in the Agripada locality. The matter came to light after the traumatised minor confided in his family members about the ordeal.
Acting on it, his family immediately approached the Agripada Police, and a case under the POCSO Act and Section 351(2) BNS has been registered at Agripada Police Station.
The accused, identified as Adil Ishaq Latif, is currently absconding. A team of police have been formed and launched a manhunt to track his whereabouts.
Crime
Delhi HC sentences YouTuber to six months jail for criminal contempt

New Delhi, May 19: The Delhi High Court has sentenced YouTuber Gulshan Pahuja, who runs the channel “Fight 4 Judicial Reforms”, to six months’ simple imprisonment in two criminal contempt cases for making derogatory and scandalous remarks against the judiciary and judicial officers.
A division bench of Justices Navin Chawla and Ravinder Dudeja also imposed a fine of Rs 2,000 in each matter while observing that the contemnor had shown no remorse and had, in fact, compounded the contempt through further scandalous submissions made during the hearing.
However, the Delhi High Court suspended the sentence for 60 days to enable Pahuja to challenge its judgment holding him guilty of criminal contempt before the Supreme Court.
The Justice Chawla-led Bench said that despite being given an opportunity to make submissions on punishment, the contemnor questioned the conviction itself and, during oral arguments, made further scandalous remarks against the judicial system.
“He, in fact, compounds his contempt by making further scandalous submissions before this Court and thus, evidently, he is neither repentant nor deserves any mercy,” the order said.
Rejecting his plea to recall the conviction judgment, the Delhi High Court said it could not sit in review of its earlier order and that the contemnor was free to challenge the same in accordance with law.
“As far as his submissions on our judgment dated 21.04.2026 are concerned, we cannot sit in review of the said judgment and the contemnor has full right and had an opportunity to challenge the same in accordance with law,” the bench said.
It further recorded that during oral arguments, Pahuja made remarks such as “adaalaton ki manmarzi badhti jaa rahi hai aur main koi nyay ki umeed nahi kar raha (the wilfulness of the courts is constantly increasing and I am not hopeful of any justice)” and described the functioning of courts as “taanashahi (dictatorship)”.
Advocate Harsh Prabhaka, amicus curiae appointed in the matter, submitted that Pahuja had shown “no course correction or remorse” and continued uploading videos targeting judicial officers despite earlier directions restraining him from doing so.
Considering the nature of the conduct, the Delhi High Court observed that leniency in such circumstances could embolden similar conduct in the future and that the case warranted maximum punishment.
“We also find that by not imposing adequate punishment on him, we may encourage him to repeat these acts in future and to embolden him in doing the same. [W]e are of the opinion that these cases call for the imposition of the maximum punishment,” the bench observed.
Accordingly, the Delhi High Court sentenced Pahuja to six months’ simple imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 2,000 in each case, directing that the sentences would run concurrently.
It further ordered that in case of default in payment of the fine, he would undergo an additional one month’s simple imprisonment.
However, taking note of the contemnor’s submission that he intends to challenge the judgment before the Supreme Court, the bench suspended the sentence for a period of 60 days.
“In case an order suspending the sentence… is not passed by the Supreme Court, the contemnor shall on his own surrender before the Registrar General of this Court forthwith on expiry of the above-mentioned period,” the order said.
The contempt proceedings arose from videos and online content uploaded by Pahuja on his YouTube channel, in which he made sweeping and unverified allegations against judicial officers and the judiciary. In its earlier judgment, the Delhi High Court had held that such remarks were intended to scandalise the institution and lower public confidence in the justice system, and were not protected under the right to free speech.
Crime
Delhi Police bust gambling racket in Dwarka, 14 arrested

New Delhi, May 19: Continuing its crackdown on illegal activities, the Dwarka District Police on Tuesday busted a gambling racket operating in JJ Colony in Sector-3, Bindapur, and arrested 14 persons allegedly involved in the operation, officials said.
Police recovered stake money amounting to Rs 6,810 along with gambling-related material, including writing pads, charts, satta slips, carbon papers, pens, mobile phones, and electronic devices used for maintaining gambling transaction records.
According to police officials, the operation was carried out as part of the district police’s ongoing campaign to curb organised crimes such as gambling and bootlegging and to maintain a safe and crime-free environment for residents.
To strengthen action against illegal activities, the Special Staff of Dwarka District had intensified intelligence gathering, activated local informers, and increased surveillance in vulnerable areas. A dedicated team was constituted under the leadership of Inspector Kamlesh Kumar, in charge of Special Staff, Dwarka District, under the close supervision of ACP Operations Subhash Malik.
The team comprised SI Dinesh Kumar, SI Topesh, ASI Vijay Singh, HC Jagat Singh, HC Jairam, HC Naresh, HC Rajesh, and Constable Manjeet, who were tasked with collecting intelligence and identifying hotspots where illegal activities were taking place.
On May 7, at around 10 p.m., the team received specific information regarding a gambling racket operating in the Sector-3 JJ Colony area of Bindapur. Acting swiftly on the information, the police team laid a strategic trap near the identified location.
At around 10:30 p.m., the police spotted several individuals gathered in a narrow lane and allegedly engaged in gambling activities. The team immediately conducted a raid and apprehended 14 persons at the spot.
During the search operation, police recovered stake money worth Rs 6,810, along with charts, satta slips, writing pads, carbon papers, pens, and registers allegedly used for maintaining gambling records and transactions. The local beat staff also reached the spot during the operation.
Following the recovery, a case vide FIR No. 255/2026 under Sections 12/09/55 of the Gambling Act was registered at Police Station Bindapur. All the accused were arrested after sustained interrogation.
The arrested accused have been identified as Sandeep (26), Ajay (25), Sartaj (42), Bappi Haldhar (60), Suresh (36), Neeraj Kumar (44), Abul Hasan (40), Chandan Sahni (35), Sudama (27), Maniyappan (42), Ashok (46), Diwari Sahni (37), Mathwef (41), and Jony (35), all residents of different areas of Dwarka, Uttam Nagar, Matiala, and nearby localities in Delhi.
Police said the recovery made during the raid included cash worth Rs 6,810, two charts, eight pads, five carbon papers, three pens, and around 350 satta slips allegedly used in gambling activities.
Officials stated that further investigation is underway to ascertain whether the accused were linked to a larger gambling network operating in the area.
The operation highlights the proactive policing efforts of Dwarka District Police in cracking down on unlawful activities and maintaining law and order in the national capital.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
