Connect with us
Wednesday,19-August-2026
Breaking News

General

Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022

Published

on

AAdhaar

Centre has extended the deadline for linking Aadhaar with PAN by six more months, till March 2022.

The earlier deadline was till September 30.

Accordingly, the decision came as a relief measure for tax players during pandemic era.

“The Central Government, in continuation of its commitment to address the hardship being faced by various stakeholders on account of the Covid-19 pandemic, has, on consideration of representations received from various stakeholders, decided to extend timelines for compliances under the Income-tax Act, 1961,” CBDT said in a statement late on Friday night.

“Time limit for intimation of Aadhaar number to the Income tax Department for linking of PAN with Aadhaar has been extended from 30th September, 2021 to 31st March, 2022.”

Besides, the due date for completion of penalty proceedings under the IT Act has also been extended from September 30, 2021 to March 31, 2022.

“Further, the time limit for issuance of notice and passing of order by the ‘Adjudicating Authority under the Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Act, 1988’ has also been extended to 31st March, 2022.”

Maharashtra

Mumbai Mayor Ritu Tawde cleared of spending Rs 25 lakh on media gimmick

Published

on

Mumbai: Municipal Corporation will spend Rs 25 lakh for the social media promotion of the mayor. Now there are many reactions from political circles and there are discussions in this regard in political circles. Although the Mumbai Municipal Corporation already has its own public relations department and a central social media system, it is seen that a separate proposal of Rs 25 lakh has been proposed for the social media promotion of the mayor’s daily work and programs. This proposal has been presented before the standing committee for approval and it is being told that public representatives of the opposition parties have expressed strong displeasure over this proposal of the local administration. In this context, Mayor Ritu Tawde has now given an explanation. Ritu Tawde said that Runtime Solutions Private Limited was appointed through a tender process proposed 2 years ago to technically handle the official social media of the municipality, mybmc. The proposal to extend the term of this organization, which only provides technical manpower, for 1 year from August 2026 to July 2027 has already been approved by the Standing Committee.

The technical manpower required for the Mayor’s Office’s social media is being provided by this previously appointed organization, and I or my office have not appointed a separate organization for this promotional work or proposed to incur any additional expenditure. This expenditure is part of the integrated technical system of the entire municipality, please do not distort this fact.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai: ANC Worli unit raids Bandra, arrests Bihari auto-rickshaw drug smuggler with 10 kg hashish

Published

on

Mumbai: Anti-Narcotics Cell has claimed to have arrested a Bihari rickshaw driver-drug smuggler who was running a drug trafficking network in Mumbai. The Anti-Narcotics Cell (ANC) received information about a 31-year-old Bihari rickshaw driver that a drug smuggler from Mumbai was going to come here to buy and sell drugs, on the basis of which the ANC Worli unit laid a trap and arrested a suspect from Bandra. When he was searched, 10 kilograms of drugs worth Rs 10 crore were recovered from his possession. The above accused had come here to sell drugs in Mumbai. After his arrest, the ANC has become involved in tracing his associates and drug network. He also has three children and is a resident of Bihar, so the police are investigating every aspect related to his connection to Bihar and Mumbai. This operation has been carried out by ANC DCP Pranima Chogle on the instructions of Mumbai Police Commissioner Devin Bharti.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai: Online single window system launched for permission to build Ganesh Mandals, public can apply for one-year or five-year permission

Published

on

To simplify the process of obtaining necessary permission for constructing Mumbai Mandap Marmiya, the Mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has once again made available an online single window system for public Ganesh Chaturthi Mandals in Mumbai. A computerised system has been enabled on the website of the Municipal Corporation for granting permission for construction of temporary
Mandap during the public Ganesh Chaturthi festival. The system has been made available for online use from Friday, August 14, 2026.

Moreover, since the hearing regarding public Ganesh Chaturthi is currently underway. The Mandals are bound by the orders passed by the court and the permission is being granted in compliance with these instructions.

Public Ganesh Chaturthi Mandals will have to submit their applications for permission for Mandap through the BMC website (https://portal.mcgm.gov.in) labeled ‘Mandap for Citizens (Public Ganesh Chaturthi/Other Festivals)’. The applications will be scrutinised by the concerned ward office on receipt. Thereafter, the process of obtaining ‘No Objection Certificates’ (NOCs) from the concerned local police and traffic police will be done through a computerised system. The entire process will be implemented under the guidance of the Divisional Assistant Commissioner and Zonal Deputy Commissioner.

Procedure for New Mandals
Mandals applying for the first time to construct a public Ganesh Chaturthi Mandap* (marquee) on government or private land will have to submit an online application through the website of the Municipal Corporation. After scrutiny of the application by the Divisional Office and obtaining NOC from the local and traffic police, the application will be submitted to the Zonal Deputy Commissioner for approval. Once the approval of the Deputy Commissioner is received and the Mandal pays a fee of Rs 100, the permission for the Mandap will be granted at the divisional level.

Renewal facility for Mandals with five-year permission Renewal of permissions for Mandals who had obtained permission for the first five years (on government or private land) will be processed through a computerized system. Ganeshotsav Mandals who had obtained permission for five years last year will have to submit an online application for renewal of their permission for the year 2026.

The Divisional Office will personally verify that the location and area of ​​the site matches the permission already granted. After this, NOCs will be obtained from the local and traffic police through a computerized system. The permission for 2026 will be renewed after the Mandal pays a fee of ₹ 100.

Two options for Mandals One-year permission granted in 2025
An important facility has been made available this year for Ganeshotsav Mandals who were granted permission to construct a pavilion for only one year (on government or private land) in 2025. Such mandals can apply for the year 2026 only, or for a period of five years from 2026 to 2030. These applications will be scrutinised by the divisional office, and NOCs will be obtained from the local and traffic police through a computerised system. Thereafter, permission will be granted at the ward level on the basis of the application, on payment of a fee of Rs. 100.

Application period for permission for mandap
Applications for permission to construct mandap* (marquee) for public festivals can be submitted through the computerised system between 14 August 2026 and 13 September 2026. The permission for Ganeshotsav mandap is valid till 26 September 2026. 10 October 2026; The permission for mandap for Navratri has been extended till 21 October 2026.

Mandatory training for two volunteers
To ensure discipline at Ganesh Utsav Mandap sites, a one-day training workshop covering topics like crowd management, fire safety, and first aid will be organized at the ward office level. It is mandatory for two volunteers from each Awami Ganeshotsav Mandal (organizing committee) to attend this training.

Emphasis on construction of pothole-free Mandap
Putholes should not be dug in roads or footpaths for construction of Mandap. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has urged the organizers to use effective techniques that do not require digging of potholes. If potholes are dug on roads or footpaths for construction of Mandap, action will be taken as per the relevant circular.

Furthermore, Awami Ganeshotsav Mandals should strictly follow the conditions and regulations regarding advertisements as stipulated in the circular of the Licensing Department. Compliance with the necessary fire safety measures is also mandatory for the construction of the pavilion.

Continue Reading

Trending