Politics
BJP announces four more candidates for Rajya Sabha polls

The BJP on Monday announced names of four more candidates for the upcoming biennial election for the Rajya Sabha, from Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, and Uttar Pradesh.
BJP national General Secretary Arun Singh, in a statement, said that the Central Election Committee has approved the names of Sumitra Valmiki from Madhya Pradesh, Lahar Singh Siroya from Karnataka, and Mithlesh Kumar and Dr K. Laxman from Uttar Pradesh.
National News
‘Rahul Gandhi Must Apologise’: Amit Shah On Abuses Targeting PM Modi’s Late Mother At Darbhanga Rally

Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday condemned the abusive remarks made against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his mother during an INDIA bloc event in Bihar.
Responding to the incident, Shah said, “I want to urge Rahul Gandhi that if he has even a little bit of shame left, he must apologise to Modi ji, to his late mother, and to the people of this country. May God give wisdom to everyone.”
Speaking at ‘NDA Panchayat Pratinidhi Sammelan’ in Assam’s Guwahati, he said, “Congress leaders have committed the most condemnable act by using derogatory words against PM Modi’s mother during their Ghuspaithiya Bachao Yatra. I condemn it. Every Congress leader has spoken derogatory words against PM Modi.”
Stepping up the attack against the Congress, Shah alleged the grand old party was spreading a “culture of hatred” in politics. “The more the Congress abuses, the more BJP wins,” he stated. Hitting out at Rahul Gandhi, Shah said that he was misleading people in Bihar and called his ‘Voter Adhikar Yatra’ a ‘Ghuspaithiya Bachao Yatra’.
Meanwhile, Rahul Gandhi, in a post on X, said, “Truth and non-violence prevail, untruth and violence cannot stand before them. Beat and break, as much as you want to beat and break, we will continue to protect the truth and the constitution. Satyameva Jayate.”
The controversy erupted after an expletive was used against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his late mother by some Congress workers during Rahul Gandhi’s Voter Adhikar Yatra in the poll-bound state of Bihar. Angered by this, BJP filed an FIR in Patna and demanded an apology from the Congress MP.
A video, which has gone viral on social media, shows Congress workers using derogatory language against PM Modi from the dais, behind which a poster featuring Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka Gandhi, and Tejashwi Yadav can be seen.
According to reports, it was the same point in Darbhanga from where Rahul Gandhi and other INDIA bloc leaders left for Muzaffarpur on motorcycles.
The remarks were met with condemnation from ruling parties. Bihar Chief Minister, in a post on X, wrote:
“The use of indecent language against PM Narendra Modi Ji and his late mother from the Congress and RJD platforms during the Voter Adhikar Yatra in Darbhanga is extremely unbecoming, and I condemn it,” wrote the CM in a post on X on Friday.
National News
Mumbai Faces Travel Chaos As Protests At CSMT And Azad Maidan Trigger Traffic Jams And Rail Disruptions

Mumbai: Motorists and daily commuters in Mumbai faced major disruptions on Friday as a large crowd gathered around Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT), while a protest at Azad Maidan led to widespread traffic congestion across South Mumbai.
The Central Railway’s Mumbai Division issued an advisory on social media platform X (formerly Twitter), urging passengers to avoid travelling to CSMT unless absolutely necessary. “In view of the heavy crowd gathering in and around the CSMT station, passengers are advised to travel to CSMT only if essential and unavoidable,” the advisory stated.
The warning sparked concern among office-goers who had already reached their workplaces earlier in the day, many of whom were unsure about how they would return home in the evening amidst the mounting chaos.
The Mumbai Traffic Police also released a traffic alert, cautioning motorists to avoid the Eastern Freeway due to the ongoing protest at Azad Maidan. “Due to agitation at Azad Maidan, avoid using Freeway. Please plan accordingly,” the department advised.
The protest, which drew significant crowds near one of the city’s busiest railway stations and arterial routes, led to long traffic jams, adding to the daily burden of Mumbai’s already overtaxed transport infrastructure.
Several users took to X to voice their frustration. “Why allow a protest which will cause daily commuters hardship?” one user questioned, tagging the Mumbai Traffic Police. Another, Darshil Desai, wrote, “Why allow any agitation on a working day? There is already traffic on Mumbai roads and now this. Why increase daily commuters’ hardship?”
Other users highlighted concerns about maintaining cleanliness and order around CSMT during such high-footfall situations, with one noting, “CSMT is our heritage! Please make sure to maintain cleanliness and hygiene across!”
“Friday’s disruptions highlight just how difficult it is for the authorities to strike a balance between allowing peaceful protest and keeping the city running smoothly,” said Mahesh Jain, 44, a daily commuter. “With more demonstrations expected before the elections, the authorities need to coordinate better among themselves before granting permission for such protests in the future.”
National News
Supreme Court Grants Bail To Arun Gawli In 2007 Murder Case Of Shiv Sena Corporator

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday granted bail to gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli in the 2007 murder case of Mumbai Shiv Sena corporator Kamlakar-Jamsandekar, after noting his long incarceration. Gawli, 76, had been booked under the provisions of the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act, 1999 MCOCA.
While granting him bail, a bench of Justices MM Sundresh and N Kotiswar Singh considered Gawli’s advanced age and the fact that his appeal seeking bail had been pending before the top court for 17 years and three months. The bench posted the matter for final hearing in February 2026.
Earlier, in June 2024, the top court had stayed the Bombay High Court’s decision granting premature release to Gawli. Following this, the top court extended its stay order on Gawli’s premature release.
Gawli, in his plea, claimed that the state authorities’ rejection of his application for premature release was unjust, arbitrary and liable to be set aside.
The Maharashtra government opposed his plea before the High Court for premature release. The HC had rejected the state government’s contentions and gave authorities four weeks to pass a consequential order in that regard.
However, on May 9, the government again moved the HC, seeking four months to implement the April 5 order stating that they had challenged the verdict by moving the top court.
The HC then gave the government four more weeks to implement the April 5 order for the premature release of Gawli and made it clear that no further extensions would be granted.
Gawli was arrested and underwent a trial in 2006 for the murder of Jamsandekar. In August 2012, the Sessions Court in Mumbai sentenced him to life imprisonment in the murder case.
-
Crime3 years ago
Class 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra11 months ago
Mumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra11 months ago
Mumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra11 months ago
False photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News11 months ago
Ministry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Crime11 months ago
Baba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
-
Maharashtra10 months ago
Maharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News11 months ago
J&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface