Connect with us
Saturday,05-April-2025
Breaking News

Maharashtra

Baba Siddique Murder Case: Key Shooter Shiv Kumar Gautam Reveals Details Of Escape After Gunning Down NCP Leader

Published

on

In the Baba Siddique murder case, the key arrested shooter, Shiv Kumar Gautam, has told the police that, after the murder, cops asked him whether he saw the shooters fleeing the scene of crime.

A day ago, he had told the police that after shooting the NCP leader, he changed his shirt which he had hidden in his pants, returned to the scene of crime, mingled with the crowd to observe the aftermath and then went to Lilavati Hospital to check if Siddique was still alive or just injured.

He has told the police that he returned to the spot after changing his shirt and saw the police searching for the shooters. They asked him whether he had seen the culprits flee. Appearing calm, he told them that he hadn’t.

He told the police that he remained at the scene for 20 minutes and saw his two associates, Dharmaraj Kashyap and Gurmel Singh, being taken into police custody. He reached Lilavati Hospital at around 10pm, then went to Kurla, caught a local train at 10.47 PM to Thane, and reached Pune around 3am on October 13. At 4am, he took an express train from Pune to Jhansi, discarding his mobile en route, which was part of the murder plot.

Meanwhile, the crime branch has revealed that key conspirator Shubham Lonkar practiced firing an AK-47 in the Naxal area of Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh. After arriving in Jharkhand on July 29, Shubham, along with other accused Rupesh Mohol and Gaurav Apune, went to Ranchi, and then Bilaspur. The three stayed there for five days, during which Shubham practiced firing for four days.

Further to the crime branch’s discovery that the accused also planned to kill a political leader in Pune, officials said that he is a prominent corporator. Mohol and Apune had been tasked by Shubham to kill him.

Maharashtra

Struggle Against Land Mafia in Waqf Properties: New Amended Bill Adds to the Challenges

Published

on

New Delhi : In the ongoing battle to protect Waqf properties and ensure their benefits reach the deserving, land mafias, encroachers, and illegal groups were already a major hurdle. Now, the government’s newly amended bill has emerged as another significant challenge. Advocate Dr. Syed Ejaz Abbas Naqvi has strongly criticized this move and demanded immediate reforms. He stated that the primary objective of Waqf was to benefit the needy, but unfortunately, this objective has completely failed. On the other hand, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), the largest Sikh religious organization, has been actively involved in the welfare of its community for decades. As a result, the Sikh community has nearly eradicated beggars and human rickshaw pullers.

Illegal Encroachments and Misuse of Waqf Lands Exposed :
According to Dr. Naqvi, Waqf properties have suffered the most due to unlawful encroachments by vested interest groups. The most unfortunate fact is that many Waqf lands were originally donated for the shrines (Dargahs) of Syed families, but they have been grossly misused. He revealed that a well-known individual shamelessly sold an acre of prime Waqf land on Mumbai’s Altamount Road for just 1.6 million rupees, a blatant violation of Waqf principles and laws.

Demand for a Stricter Amendment in Section 52 :
Dr. Naqvi has called on the government to take strict action against those who illegally sell Waqf properties. He has urged for an immediate amendment to Section 52 of the Waqf Act to introduce

capital punishment or life imprisonment* for unauthorized Waqf land sellers. This issue is a major setback for those fighting to safeguard Waqf properties, who are already battling corrupt elements and illegal land grabbers. It remains to be seen whether the government takes these concerns seriously and enacts effective legislation to protect Waqf lands.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai Cleanup Marshal and Swachh Mumbai campaign ended, fine collection from citizens also stopped, BMC helpline number released

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai BMC has abolished the clean-up marshal policy, after which now the clean-up marshal has disappeared from the streets of the city. The Municipal Corporation has completely banned the clean-up marshal and the Swachh Mumbai Mission has been stopped. This means that now no clean-up marshal will be able to force citizens to pay fines or take any other punitive action. After complaints against clean-up marshals, Mumbai BMC has decided to stop and suspend the service of clean-up marshals from today.

The Solid Waste Management Department of Mumbai Municipal Corporation, under the Department of Garbage and Sanitation, oversees public cleanliness in Mumbai and the ‘Swachh Mumbai Mission’ has been closed from April 4, 2025. However, the Municipal Corporation administration has appealed to the citizens that if any fine has been imposed on them despite this, then they can complain about it. Complaints regarding cleanup marshals can be made to the divisional control room of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation at 022-23855128 and 022-23877691 (extension number 549/500).

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

New India Cooperative Bank embezzlement accused’s properties attached

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai Economic Branch (EOW) has also started property seizure proceedings in the case of embezzlement of crores of rupees from New India Cooperative Bank. EOW said that after identifying the properties obtained from the embezzled amount, it has been attached and seized. 5 accused have been arrested in this case and 21 immovable properties of these accused have been found, which have been allowed to be confiscated.

This is the first action under 107 BNSS in Mumbai city in which the property of the accused has been seized. Mumbai AOW said that the amount recovered from the seized properties will also be estimated. After the bank scam in Mumbai, EOW has taken major action and details of other properties of the accused are also being investigated.

Continue Reading

Trending