Connect with us
Friday,04-April-2025
Breaking News

Maharashtra

Will enter Karnataka as China entered India, says Sanjay Raut

Published

on

 Shiv Sena-UBT MP Sanjay Raut on Wednesday threatened to enter Karnataka just as China has entered Indian territory and nobody’s permission is needed for that, as a fresh war of words erupted out on the contentious border dispute with Maharashtra.

“Just like China has entered (India), we will also enter (Karnataka). We do not need anyone’s permission for this. We are keen to resolve it (the dispute) through negotiations, but the Karnataka Chief Minister is igniting the fire,” Raut said grimly.

Charging that there is a “weak government” in Maharashtra which is not taking a stand, he pointed out that the border row is 70 years old and “we have nothing against the people of Karnataka, but it is also a question of humanity”.

Raut sought to know when Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde and Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis went to meet Union Home Minister Amit Shah in New Delhi last week, “whether they were told to keep quiet” in the matter.

The latest salvo came even as the opposition Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) urged the Shinde-Fadnavis government to adopt a tough stance vis-a-vis the latest aggressive posturing by Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai.

Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajit Pawar said: “This is despite the intervention by Shah and the matter pending in the Supreme Court. We urge you to take a strong stand on the issue in the wake of Bommai’s latest moves and utterances.”

He demanded that both houses of the Maharashtra Legislature must pass unanimous resolutions supporting the Marathi-speaking people in the Karnataka border villages and our territorial claims on them.

“We had sought this in the Business Advisory Committee meeting and the government had assured it would be done. The government should bring the resolution and we shall support it,” said Pawar.

Congress President Nana Patole sought to know why the Shinde-Fadnavis government is keeping silent against what he termed as “dadagiri” (bullying) tactics of Karnataka.

Excise Minister Shambhuraj Desai asserted that Karnataka is speaking about “not giving even one inch of land… we will also not concede half-an-inch of our territory”.

Maharashtra

Struggle Against Land Mafia in Waqf Properties: New Amended Bill Adds to the Challenges

Published

on

New Delhi : In the ongoing battle to protect Waqf properties and ensure their benefits reach the deserving, land mafias, encroachers, and illegal groups were already a major hurdle. Now, the government’s newly amended bill has emerged as another significant challenge. Advocate Dr. Syed Ejaz Abbas Naqvi has strongly criticized this move and demanded immediate reforms. He stated that the primary objective of Waqf was to benefit the needy, but unfortunately, this objective has completely failed. On the other hand, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), the largest Sikh religious organization, has been actively involved in the welfare of its community for decades. As a result, the Sikh community has nearly eradicated beggars and human rickshaw pullers.

Illegal Encroachments and Misuse of Waqf Lands Exposed :
According to Dr. Naqvi, Waqf properties have suffered the most due to unlawful encroachments by vested interest groups. The most unfortunate fact is that many Waqf lands were originally donated for the shrines (Dargahs) of Syed families, but they have been grossly misused. He revealed that a well-known individual shamelessly sold an acre of prime Waqf land on Mumbai’s Altamount Road for just 1.6 million rupees, a blatant violation of Waqf principles and laws.

Demand for a Stricter Amendment in Section 52 :
Dr. Naqvi has called on the government to take strict action against those who illegally sell Waqf properties. He has urged for an immediate amendment to Section 52 of the Waqf Act to introduce

capital punishment or life imprisonment* for unauthorized Waqf land sellers. This issue is a major setback for those fighting to safeguard Waqf properties, who are already battling corrupt elements and illegal land grabbers. It remains to be seen whether the government takes these concerns seriously and enacts effective legislation to protect Waqf lands.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai Cleanup Marshal and Swachh Mumbai campaign ended, fine collection from citizens also stopped, BMC helpline number released

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai BMC has abolished the clean-up marshal policy, after which now the clean-up marshal has disappeared from the streets of the city. The Municipal Corporation has completely banned the clean-up marshal and the Swachh Mumbai Mission has been stopped. This means that now no clean-up marshal will be able to force citizens to pay fines or take any other punitive action. After complaints against clean-up marshals, Mumbai BMC has decided to stop and suspend the service of clean-up marshals from today.

The Solid Waste Management Department of Mumbai Municipal Corporation, under the Department of Garbage and Sanitation, oversees public cleanliness in Mumbai and the ‘Swachh Mumbai Mission’ has been closed from April 4, 2025. However, the Municipal Corporation administration has appealed to the citizens that if any fine has been imposed on them despite this, then they can complain about it. Complaints regarding cleanup marshals can be made to the divisional control room of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation at 022-23855128 and 022-23877691 (extension number 549/500).

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

New India Cooperative Bank embezzlement accused’s properties attached

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai Economic Branch (EOW) has also started property seizure proceedings in the case of embezzlement of crores of rupees from New India Cooperative Bank. EOW said that after identifying the properties obtained from the embezzled amount, it has been attached and seized. 5 accused have been arrested in this case and 21 immovable properties of these accused have been found, which have been allowed to be confiscated.

This is the first action under 107 BNSS in Mumbai city in which the property of the accused has been seized. Mumbai AOW said that the amount recovered from the seized properties will also be estimated. After the bank scam in Mumbai, EOW has taken major action and details of other properties of the accused are also being investigated.

Continue Reading

Trending