Connect with us
Wednesday,20-May-2026
Breaking News

Maharashtra

10 arrested in communal violence at Dandoshi, FIR registered after drugs recovered from accused’s house

Published

on

Mumbai: Dandoshi Police has so far arrested 10 accused in the violence between two communities over the playing of Lord Ram songs at Santosh Nagar Market under the jurisdiction of Dandoshi police station in Malad East, Mumbai. On the demand of Bajrang Dal, BMC Bulldozers yesterday raided the house of the main accused and razed the house to the ground. During the raid, a packet of drugs was recovered from the accused’s house. Dandoshi police has registered a separate FIR, which is under investigation. According to police information, a Devi program was organized by South Indian in Santosh Nagar area. There was a scuffle between the two groups. The situation is currently under control. The police have registered a case under sections 109, 118 (1), 351 (3), 352, and 189 (1) of the IPC. A case has been registered under Sections 189(2), 189(3), 191(1), 191(2), 191(3), Section 37(1) of the Arms Act and Section 135 of the Maharashtra Police Act.

During the incident, the Mumbai Dandoshi Police resorted to lathicharge, resulting in serious injuries to three persons who have been admitted to the Trauma Care Hospital.

During the bulldozer operation at the accused’s house, thousands of people from Bajrang Dal and Hindu organisations raised slogans, chanted Hanuman Chalisa and performed Hanuman Aarti. Former BJP MP Kirat Soumya reached Santosh Nagar and participated in the Hanuman Aarti. Kirat Soumya has questioned the police action. Currently, the Mumbai Police has turned the entire area into a cantonment. Kret Soumya has said that until strict action is taken in this matter, they will continue their protest against it. Mumbai Police DCP Mahesh Chamte said that the accused have been arrested and a search is on for more people involved in the matter. So far, 10 accused have been arrested and a case of rioting has been registered against them.

Maharashtra

Virar Citizens Protest Demolition Drive In Arnala; Police Block Lal Bawta March, Sit-in Held On Road

Published

on

Virar: On Monday, a large number of citizens took to the streets to protest against the demolition drive conducted by the Revenue Department against unauthorized constructions in the Arnala area. Under the leadership of the Lal Bawta (Red Flag) party, a protest march (Morcha) was organized heading toward the residence of MLA Rajan Naik. However, to prevent any law and order issues, the police intercepted the march near the Nala Macchi Market area. Angered by this, the protestors staged a Dharna (sit-in protest) right on the road.

The Revenue Department had recently taken action against houses built on government land in the western part of Virar Arnala. During this drive, several huts and structures were razed to the ground, leaving numerous families homeless. Coming right on the threshold of the monsoon season, this action has sparked intense anger among the local citizens. Allegations have also surfaced that this drive selectively targeted only certain houses under political pressure.

According to Sheru Wagh, a leader of the Lal Bawta party, MLA Rajan Naik had raised this issue during the legislative assembly’s monsoon session, prompting the Revenue Department to act. However, instead of executing uniform action against all unauthorized constructions, only specific families were allegedly targeted.

The march had commenced on Monday morning from the Nirmal-Wagholi area, seeing participation from hundreds of tribal citizens and local residents. The protestors intended to confront MLA Rajan Naik at his residence. However, the police deployed heavy security in the Nala Macchi Market area and blocked the march from advancing further.

Once blocked by the police, the protestors sat down on the road to continue their agitation. They shouted slogans, expressing deep resentment against the administration and public representatives.

Protest leader Sheru Wagh alleged that tribal citizens are being held hostage through illegal demolition practices. He demanded that since the monsoon is just a few days away, the displaced families must be rehabilitated immediately. Furthermore, he insisted on an official inquiry into the demolition drive and strict action against those found guilty.

Continue Reading

Crime

Mumbai Shocker! 40-Year-Old Man Allegedly Molests Minor Boy In Agripada; Hunt On For Absconding Accused

Published

on

Mumbai: A case under POSCO has been registered against a 40-year-old man who has been allegedly accused of showing pornographic films and molesting a 13-year-old boy in Mumbai’s Agripada area.

the shocking incident took place at the Classic Tower residential society located in the Agripada locality. The matter came to light after the traumatised minor confided in his family members about the ordeal.

Acting on it, his family immediately approached the Agripada Police, and a case under the POCSO Act and Section 351(2) BNS has been registered at Agripada Police Station.

The accused, identified as Adil Ishaq Latif, is currently absconding. A team of police have been formed and launched a manhunt to track his whereabouts.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

A comprehensive action plan has been submitted to the central government for immediate and effective drainage of rainwater accumulated in low-lying areas : Amit Satyam

Published

on

Mumbai: As part of the Mumbai Monsoon preparations, representatives of the public of Mumbai today (19 May 2026) visited and inspected the Britannia Rainwater Harvesting Centre on Ray Road, Lovegrove Rainwater Harvesting Centre in Worli and Cleveland Rainwater Harvesting Centre. The Minister for Skills, Employment, Entrepreneurship and Innovation and Co-Patron Minister of Mumbai Suburban District, Shri. Mangal Prabhat Lodha, Mayor of Mumbai Ritu Tawde, MLA Mr. Amit Satam and various officials of the Municipal Corporation participated in the visit. Considering the geographical structure of the Mumbai Metropolitan City, the Municipal Corporation has prepared a comprehensive action plan for the speedy and effective drainage of rainwater collected in low-lying areas. This project has been submitted to the central government for approval. Speaking to the media on this occasion, MLA Mr. Amit Sattam said that Mumbai Mayor Ritu Tawde has been continuously reviewing the pre-monsoon works by visiting the work sites for the last fortnight. After inspecting the drainage cleaning and road development works in the Eastern and Western Suburbs as well as the City Division, various officials led by him today (May 19, 2026) inspected various rainwater harvesting centres and got detailed information about the system there and monsoon preparations. Minister for Skill, Employment, Entrepreneurship and Innovation and Co-custodian Minister of Mumbai Suburbs Mangal Prabhat Lodha, Mayor Ritu Tawde, MLA Amit Satam, Leader of the House of the Municipal Corporation Ganesh Khankar, Chairman of the Standing Committee Prabhakar Shinde, Chairman of the Impro Group Prabhakar Shinde, Shiv Sena MLA G M Leo also participated. Scindia Doshi (Sakre), Chairman of the Education Committee Rajeshree Shravadkar, Chairman of the ‘BEST’ Committee Trishna Vishwasrao, Chairman of the Architecture Committee (City) Yamati Jadhav, Chairman of the Architecture Committee (Suburbs) Chairperson Sangeeta Sharma, Public Health Committee Chairperson Mrs. Harish Veman and Chairman BEST Chairman BBS. Makwana, Corporator Rohidas Lokhande, Corporator Ajay Patil, Corporator Bhaskar Shetty and other public representatives participated in the visit. Additional Municipal Commissioner (Projects) Abhijeet Bangras was present on the occasion along with the concerned officers of the Storm Water Drainage Department. Mayor Ritu Tawde said that the important work of releasing the accumulated storm water into the sea during heavy rain and high tide is done through storm water drainage centers. During low tide, the flood control gates are open, at this time the water in the drain naturally goes directly into the sea through gravity. The rainwater collected during high tide is released into the sea with the help of drains. Flood control gates are used to prevent sea water from entering the drain during high tide. Apart from this, this mechanical mesh system is used to stop the waste in the drain. Currently, 6 collection centres are functioning, namely Haji Ali (Mahalakshmi), Arla (Juhu), Lovegrove (Worli), Cleveland (Worli Village), Britannia (Ray Road), Gujrband (Santa Cruz). Mayor Shrimati said that the work of the remaining 2 collection centres, namely Mahol (Chembur) and Mogra (Visakhapatnam), is in progress. Talking to media persons, MLA Mr. Amit Satam said that the officials of the Municipal Corporation are independently and collectively inspecting and monitoring the pre-monsoon works. They are taking information about the various steps taken by the administration. Apart from this, they are also giving necessary instructions. Efforts are being made to remove the water accumulated in the low-lying areas at a fast pace to avoid inconvenience to the Mumbaikars during the monsoon season. Pumping stations provide great relief to the Mumbaikars. Therefore, an inspection was conducted today to see if these pumping stations are functioning properly. In addition, more than 550 pumping sets have been deployed at various locations in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region to pump water. Drainage/river cleaning work is in progress. It is believed that the cleaning work of the drain will be completed within the stipulated time. He said that the administration has been directed to prevent solid waste/floating waste from entering the sea. The Mumbai Municipal Corporation has prepared a comprehensive action plan for fast and effective drainage of rainwater collected in low-lying areas, keeping in mind the geographical structure of the Mumbai metropolis, through the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT, Mumbai). This plan has been submitted to the Central Government for approval. This plan will be implemented with Central funds.

Continue Reading

Trending