Connect with us
Saturday,23-May-2026
Breaking News

Mumbai Press Exclusive News

Target to complete all works of Vidya Vihar Flyover by June 25, 2026, Additional Municipal Commissioner (Project) inspects site

Published

on

Mumbai: A flyover is being constructed by the Municipal Corporation at Vidya Vihar railway station, connecting the east and west sides of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation’s ‘N’ zone. The entire work of the project is targeted to be completed by June 25, 2026. However, all work on the eastern side of the bridge will be completed by February 28, 2026. The process of removing the affected residential and commercial structures and re-aligning the road on the western side of the bridge should be completed immediately. Keeping in mind the monsoon, all the necessary work on the bridge should be planned to be completed before May 31, 2026. After this, efforts should be made to complete the surfacing and finishing works and open the bridge for traffic by June 25, 2026, Additional Municipal Commissioner Abhijit Bangar said (Projects) A flyover passing over the tracks of Vidya Vihar railway station, within the limits of the ‘N’ zone of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation, is being constructed by the Bridge Department of the Municipal Corporation to connect Ram Chandra Chemburkar Marg in the east and Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg in the west with the Ghatkopar area. The flyover project also includes a main bridge of about 100 meters in length that passes over the railway tracks. Additional Municipal Commissioner (Projects) Abhijit Bangar visited the project site today (January 29, 2026) and inspected it. During the inspection, he gave necessary instructions to the concerned agencies.

The flyover, which connects Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg and Ram Chandra Chemburkar Marg, has a total of two lanes. The 650-metre-long project includes a 100-metre bridge over the railway tracks, while a 220-metre approach road is being constructed on the eastern side and a 330-metre approach road on the western side. The flyover is also providing a connecting road to the footpaths of Vidya Vihar railway station. Along with this, the railway ticket counter, station master’s office and the stairs on both sides have also been reconstructed. The pedestrian path is being connected to the by-road through stairs within the railway limits. Additional Municipal Commissioner (Projects) Abhijeet Bangar said that the work on the eastern side of the flyover is currently in the final stage. All the work, including the completion of the concrete path on the eastern side and surfacing of the entire bridge, will be completed by February 28, 2026. For this, a detailed and phased planning of the work should be done. So far, the construction of six pillars on the western side has been completed. The construction of the remaining four pillars, bridge span, normal road etc. is pending. Traffic diversion during these works is a major challenge. Therefore, the road work on both sides of the bridge will be completed first to provide more space for traffic while the work is in progress. After this, the remaining works of the bridge will include removal of affected residential and commercial structures and realignment of the road. After the completion of both these processes, the flyover works will gain significant momentum. Keeping in view the upcoming monsoon, all the major essential works of the flyover should be completed by May 31, 2026, followed by surfacing and other final works. In any case, the flyover should be completed and opened for traffic by June 25, 2026.

Maharashtra

Bandra Garib Nagar demolition drive: Case registered against account holder for spreading rumours on X account, accused of spreading religious hatred

Published

on

Mumbai: Cyber ​​Police has claimed to have registered a case against an X account holder for spreading rumours about demolition work in Mumbai’s Bandra Garib Nagar. According to details, a rumour was spread on an X account yesterday afternoon that there would be riots and violence during the demolition work in Bandra the next day as well. Cyber ​​Bandra has registered a case and started an investigation after the X account holder is accused of spreading hatred and unrest between two communities. The police are investigating the matter further.

Mumbai Police has appealed to citizens not to share any controversial and objectionable content on social media. Action will be taken against those who spread misleading propaganda and baseless rumors on social media. Along with this, the police have also requested to be careful in using social media. The police have asked citizens not to spread unverified information on social media without any verification. If anyone publishes such content or spreads it on social media, action will be taken against him. After this action by Mumbai Police, monitoring has also been started on social media. A rumor was spread on X that the situation in Bandra once again deteriorated after Friday prayers and the police had resorted to lathicharge. The police have taken action on this and a case has been registered on this X account.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai: Three gangsters arrested for selling weapons, major operation by Crime Branch, who is investigating the criminal activities of the three

Published

on

Mumbai: The Mumbai Crime Branch’s Anti-Money Laundering Squad has claimed to have arrested three criminals who were coming to sell weapons in Mumbai. Mumbai Crime Branch received information that three people were going to sell weapons near the public toilet on P. D. Mello Road near St. George’s Hospital in Mumbai. On this basis, the Crime Branch laid a trap here and claimed to have arrested the three and recovered three country-made pistol magazines and 45 live cartridges from their possession. All three have criminal cases registered against them. A murder case is also registered against them. Along with this, it is being investigated where these three got this pistol from and to whom they were going to sell it. Which gang do they belong to and who was their target. Along with this, it is also being investigated whether these miscreants are related to Lawrence Bishnoi or any other gang. Mumbai Police has registered a case against them under the Arms Act and the Mumbai Police Act for illegal sale of weapons. The three have been identified as 24-year-old Ghola Arbaaz Jhalawar, 34-year-old Jashanpreet Mangal Singh and 24-year-old Sukhwinder. The police have started further investigation in this case. Accused number one Arbaaz Jhalawar and Sukhwinder are absconding in a murder case since 2022. In this case, the police have arrested the accused and started investigation. This information was given by DCP Detection Raj Tilak Roshan at a press conference here. He said that this action has been taken on the instructions of Mumbai Police Commissioner Devin Bharti. Meanwhile, further investigation is underway in this matter.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Correction made by the Municipal Corporation in the application form for fire safety approval, important decision of the Additional Municipal Commissioner

Published

on

Necessary amendments have been made regarding Mumbai Fire Safety. Necessary amendments have been made in the relevant forms to clarify that “Temporary Fire Safety Approval” is a recommendation given at the stage of approval of building plan under the Maharashtra Fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act, 2006 (Amendment 2026) and is not a “Fire Safety Certificate”. Accordingly, revised application forms have been prepared for new/altered construction, construction of additions/conversions, repair matters, final approval of fire safety as well as temporary constructions, this was informed by Additional Municipal Commissioner (City) Dr. Ashwani Joshi.

Under the Maharashtra Fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act, 2006 (Amendment 2026), “Temporary Fire Safety Approval” is a recommendation given at the time of approval of the design of a building and before the actual construction commences, regarding compliance with fire prevention and life safety measures required under the Act. However, it has been found that “Temporary Fire Safety Approval” is in fact only a recommendation in nature, but is being treated as a “Fire Safety Certificate”. Therefore, necessary amendments have been made in the relevant form to clearly state the nature, purpose and its statutory limits and scope of the Temporary Fire Safety Approval. As per the said amendment, the above Fire Safety Approval shall be granted in accordance with the points and terms and conditions mentioned therein. Revised forms have been prepared in this regard. Changes have been made in the provisions of Provisional Fire Safety Approval for New/Altered Construction (N.C.O.), Provisional Fire Safety Approval for Additional/Alternate Construction (A.A.O.), Provisional Fire Safety Approval for Repairs in Additional/Alternate Construction, Fire Safety Approval for Fire AMP. Repairs in New/Modified Construction (N.C.A.), Final Fire Safety Approval and Provisional Fire Safety Approval for Temporary Constructions (T.C.) etc. Architects, Licensed Surveyors, Developers may take note of this, Additional Municipal Commissioner (City) Dr. Ashwini has appealed. Besides, Joshi has directed that the revised application forms be made available on the Municipal Corporation’s website https://www.mcgm.gov.in/irj/portal/anonymous immediately.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending