Connect with us
Friday,04-April-2025
Breaking News

Maharashtra

Shiv Sena UBT Leader Aaditya Thackeray Raised Questions On Approved Projects Worth Over Rs 40,000 Crore By State Cabinet

Published

on

Shiv Sena UBT Leader Aaditya Thackeray Raised Questions On Approved Projects Worth Over Rs 40,000 Crore By State Cabinet

The tripartite Mahayuti government, which was by far on autopilot mode until recently, has lately become the buzzword for action, announcing a slew of projects — mostly infrastructure, seemingly blind to financial constraints and the red flags raised by the finance department. At the state cabinet meeting on September 30, infrastructure projects worth over Rs 40,000 crore were approved. Shiv Sena UBT leader Aaditya Thackeray raised a few questions on a project recently approved by the state cabinet on Thursday, Thackeray asked.

The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) confirms the PMs presence at an event only after obtaining detailed information. In this case, what information had the PMO sought and had it verified whether all the necessary permissions had been obtained for the project, Thackeray wanted to know.

Speaking about the road concretisation project in Mumbai, he said though the project was launched two years ago, just nine per cent of the work had been completed, which was revealed through RTL How could the PM inaugurate or grace groundbreaking ceremonies for such projects, Thackeray queried.

The PM is going to perform the ground-breaking ceremony for the Thane-Borivli tunnel project though the contractor has provided a bank guarantee from a bank in the West Indies. Has the RBI allowed such a bank guarantee, Thackeray asked, raising the issue of the propriety of the PM in officiating such events.

Training his guns on Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) next, Thackeray said, though the ‘bhumi pujan’ for the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Smarak in the Arabian Sea was done in 2017, nothing had moved further, except cost escalation.

Similarly, many projects including metro works had either been delayed or stuck on various grounds. He warned that after the Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) government came to power, it would conduct a thorough probe and the administrative head of the agency would have to face inquiry.

Meanwhile, it is being said that the contractor for the Thane-Borivali project was asked to obtain bank guarantee from a national bank, which is under the jurisdiction of Indian courts and governed by Indian laws. Questions are also being raised over the cost escalation of the project, which was pegged at Rs 14,400 crore a few months ago but now, the state cabinet has approved Rs 18,800.40 crore for it.

Maharashtra

Struggle Against Land Mafia in Waqf Properties: New Amended Bill Adds to the Challenges

Published

on

New Delhi : In the ongoing battle to protect Waqf properties and ensure their benefits reach the deserving, land mafias, encroachers, and illegal groups were already a major hurdle. Now, the government’s newly amended bill has emerged as another significant challenge. Advocate Dr. Syed Ejaz Abbas Naqvi has strongly criticized this move and demanded immediate reforms. He stated that the primary objective of Waqf was to benefit the needy, but unfortunately, this objective has completely failed. On the other hand, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), the largest Sikh religious organization, has been actively involved in the welfare of its community for decades. As a result, the Sikh community has nearly eradicated beggars and human rickshaw pullers.

Illegal Encroachments and Misuse of Waqf Lands Exposed :
According to Dr. Naqvi, Waqf properties have suffered the most due to unlawful encroachments by vested interest groups. The most unfortunate fact is that many Waqf lands were originally donated for the shrines (Dargahs) of Syed families, but they have been grossly misused. He revealed that a well-known individual shamelessly sold an acre of prime Waqf land on Mumbai’s Altamount Road for just 1.6 million rupees, a blatant violation of Waqf principles and laws.

Demand for a Stricter Amendment in Section 52 :
Dr. Naqvi has called on the government to take strict action against those who illegally sell Waqf properties. He has urged for an immediate amendment to Section 52 of the Waqf Act to introduce

capital punishment or life imprisonment* for unauthorized Waqf land sellers. This issue is a major setback for those fighting to safeguard Waqf properties, who are already battling corrupt elements and illegal land grabbers. It remains to be seen whether the government takes these concerns seriously and enacts effective legislation to protect Waqf lands.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai Cleanup Marshal and Swachh Mumbai campaign ended, fine collection from citizens also stopped, BMC helpline number released

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai BMC has abolished the clean-up marshal policy, after which now the clean-up marshal has disappeared from the streets of the city. The Municipal Corporation has completely banned the clean-up marshal and the Swachh Mumbai Mission has been stopped. This means that now no clean-up marshal will be able to force citizens to pay fines or take any other punitive action. After complaints against clean-up marshals, Mumbai BMC has decided to stop and suspend the service of clean-up marshals from today.

The Solid Waste Management Department of Mumbai Municipal Corporation, under the Department of Garbage and Sanitation, oversees public cleanliness in Mumbai and the ‘Swachh Mumbai Mission’ has been closed from April 4, 2025. However, the Municipal Corporation administration has appealed to the citizens that if any fine has been imposed on them despite this, then they can complain about it. Complaints regarding cleanup marshals can be made to the divisional control room of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation at 022-23855128 and 022-23877691 (extension number 549/500).

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

New India Cooperative Bank embezzlement accused’s properties attached

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai Economic Branch (EOW) has also started property seizure proceedings in the case of embezzlement of crores of rupees from New India Cooperative Bank. EOW said that after identifying the properties obtained from the embezzled amount, it has been attached and seized. 5 accused have been arrested in this case and 21 immovable properties of these accused have been found, which have been allowed to be confiscated.

This is the first action under 107 BNSS in Mumbai city in which the property of the accused has been seized. Mumbai AOW said that the amount recovered from the seized properties will also be estimated. After the bank scam in Mumbai, EOW has taken major action and details of other properties of the accused are also being investigated.

Continue Reading

Trending