disaster
Rajasthan: 3 civilians killed in MIG-21 fighter jet crash in Hanumangarh;
3 civilians were killed after an Indian Air Force MiG-21 fighter aircraft crashed near Hanumangarh in Rajasthan on Monday. The aircraft had taken off from Suratgarh for routine sortie. The pilot sustained minor injuries and was safe after the crash.
The jet reportedly crashed on a house causing civilian casualties. The deceased were identified as Basho Kaur aged 45, Banto aged 60 and Leela Devi aged 55. Three others were injured in the incident identified as Saroj, Vimla and Veerpal Kaur.
Police officials confirmed casualties in the incident
Additional Superintendent of Police, Jassaram Bose earlier in the morning said that at least two civilian casualties have been reported. Both the deceased are said to be women. Bose also said the number of civilian casualties may increase.
Bikaner Inspector General of Police Om Prakash said two people have died and as many injured in the plane crash in Pilibanga area of Hanumangarh district. The pilot made all efforts to avert human casualties and crash-landed the plane on the outskirts of a village, Prakash said.
He said over 2,000 people have gathered at the crash spot and police and administration are trying to maintain law and order.
Indian Air Force issues statement after the crash
“A MiG-21 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed today morning at about 0945 hours. The aircraft had got airborne for a routine operational training sortie from the Air Force Station at Suratgarh. Soon thereafter, the pilot experienced an onboard emergency, following which he attempted to recover the aircraft as per existing procedures. Having failed to do so, he initiated an ejection, sustaining minor injuries in the process. The pilot was recovered from about 25 kilometres North East of Suratgarh base,” said the Indian Air Force in a statement.
“The aircraft wreckage fell on a house in Bahlol Nagar in Hanumangarh District, unfortunately leading to the loss of three lives. The IAF regrets the loss of lives and offers its deepest condolences to the bereaved families. A Court of Inquiry has been constituted to ascertain the cause of the accident,” the statement added.
The Indian Air Force has ordered a court of inquiry to ascertain the cause of the accident.
The MiG-21 fleet is on its last leg and all the remaining three aircraft from the fleet are planned to be poached out by 2025.
Earlier in January, one pilot lost his life after two IAF fighter jets – a Sukhoi-30 and a Mirage 2000 – crashed during a training exercise. While one aircraft crashed in Morena in Madhya Pradesh, the other crashed and landed in Rajasthan’s Bharatpur.
disaster
Town planning official suspended after under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad

Hyderabad, Aug 23: A town planning officer has been suspended after a 7-storey under-construction building collapsed in Hyderabad Madhapur, killing two people and injuring some others.
The building collapsed on Saturday. Cyberabad Municipal Commissioner G. Srijana issued orders on Sunday suspending Madhapur Town Planning Officer Santosh Kumar.
The Commissioner cracked the whip as the official failed to stop illegal construction, resulting in the loss of lives. Further action will be taken against the town planning officer following a detailed inquiry.
She directed the town planning department to immediately take steps to identify unauthorised constructions and take action.
Officials have been directed to demolish structures constructed without permission or violating the rules, endangering public safety.
An under-construction building collapsed in Anjaiah Nagar on Saturday afternoon, killing two people and injuring some others.
The victims were identified by police as Mahabat and Umesh, both from Madhya Pradesh. They had come to the site for tile-related work and were inside the building when it collapsed.
Rescue teams from police, fire services, Disaster Response Force and Cyberabad Municipal Corporation continued clearing debris for the second day on Sunday.
Officials are continuing to assess the structural damage to neighbouring buildings.
Meanwhile, Cyberabad police have registered a criminal case against building owners Farheen Siddiqi and Sajid.
On a complaint by the Cyberabad Municipal Corporation (CMC), a case has been registered at Raidurgam Police Station of Cyberabad Police Commissionerate.
The accused allegedly took up construction of the 7-storey building on 48 square yards without permission from CMC. They owned only 38 square yards and allegedly encroached 10 square yards of an adjoining drain to construct the building.
In another development, Hyderabad Disaster Response and Asset Protection Agency (HYDRAA) has reportedly identified 10 unauthorised constructions in the same area and initiated steps to demolish them.
HYDRAA Commissioner A.V. Ranganath said on Saturday that many buildings in Anjaiah Nagar have been constructed without permission.
Locals said that all the buildings constructed by builder Sajid were like this. The HYDRAA Commissioner said that in a few days, all these buildings will be inspected and appropriate action taken.
disaster
37 injured after 5.9-magnitude earthquake hits Japan’s Ibaraki

Tokyo, Aug 23: At least 37 people were injured after a 5.9-magnitude earthquake struck Ibaraki Prefecture, northeast of Tokyo, early on Sunday.
The earthquake also caused burst water pipes and disruptions to transportation in some areas, local media reported.
Japan’s Fuji News Network, citing the Fire and Disaster Management Agency, reported that as of 10 a.m. local time, at least 37 people were injured in Tokyo, Ibaraki Prefecture, Kanagawa Prefecture and other areas, reports Xinhua news agency.
The earthquake temporarily disrupted some train services in the Kanto region, although operations are gradually being restored. Multiple water pipes burst in Tokyo and other areas, causing temporary flooding on some roads.
According to the Japan Meteorological Agency, the temblor occurred at around 2 a.m. local time on Sunday at a depth of about 70 km, measuring a lower 5 on Japan’s seismic intensity scale of 7 in parts of Ibaraki, Saitama and Chiba prefectures as well as Tokyo’s Adachi Ward.
A lower 5 quake is defined by the agency as shaking that causes most people to be frightened and to hold on to something stable, while objects may fall from shelves.
The quake was clearly felt in Tokyo, with some people living in the city posting on social media that it was the strongest shaking they had experienced in recent years. The tremor was also felt across a wide swath of the country, including northeastern and central Japan.
The weather agency urged the public to remain alert for an earthquake registering lower 5 over the next week, especially during the next two to three days.
No abnormalities were detected at the Tokai No. 2 nuclear power plant in Ibaraki Prefecture or the disaster-stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant and the nearby Fukushima Daini plant in northeastern Japan, according to their operators.
disaster
Mumbai: 10 injured in crane collapse in Kurla Quraish Nagar; BMC relief work underway, condition of injured stable

Mumbai; There was chaos in Kurla Quraish Nagar when a crane fell on the site during the demolition of an old dilapidated building, causing 10 people to be seriously injured. The injured were admitted to Sine, Kurla Bhabha Hospital. According to Dr. Naveen, AMO of Sine Hospital, eight injured people have been admitted to the hospital, including Jagarullah Nabi Khan 63, Ahmed Niaz Ahmed, 3 months, Atiqur Rehman, 60, Hakim Sheikh, 36, Noman Khan, 21, Reham Khan, 19, Suraj Gaur, 10, Akbar, 40
All eight are undergoing treatment and their condition is said to be stable.
Two injured were admitted to Kurla Bhabha Hospital. According to the hospital’s AMO Dr Sheetal, they have been identified as Raju Gad, 35, and Aartigaud, 30. According to officials, both the victims are undergoing treatment and their condition is stable. The crane used during the demolition work The MMRDA, while issuing an official statement on the incident, said, “Demolition work was being carried out at Building No. 1, Bhandari Metallurgy, Kurla. A crane was brought to the site for the work, however, the crane operation had not started. While the crane was being placed on the site, it tilted and fell towards the adjacent structure. The ground at the location was soft, which appears to have affected the stability of the crane. Some people suffered minor injuries in the incident. The MMRDA is providing all necessary medical aid and assistance to the injured. He added, “The MMRDA immediately mobilized the required machinery and manpower, and the work of removing the fallen crane is being done on priority basis.” The site has been secured and all necessary precautions are being taken. The demolition work was being carried out by M/s Sunny Company. During the operation, a part of the hydraulic crane fell on the high-tension railway overhead wires.
The slum of Qureshi Nagar was hit by the falling crane. According to initial information, the falling material also hit nearby huts in Qureshi Nagar, the road of Samrat Ashok Nagar, the wall of the Mahada building and three to four four-wheelers parked inside the Mahada building premises. Earlier, the authorities had said that the incident took place during the work being done in connection with the proposed eviction and demolition operation at the site. The restoration work is in progress. Restoration and security measures are being taken at the site while the authorities are monitoring the situation. Officials are also gathering information to find out if anyone else is trapped at the site.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
