Connect with us
Saturday,23-May-2026
Breaking News

Maharashtra

Naveen Kumar Jindal seeks a month’s time from Bhiwandi Police

Published

on

Expelled BJP leader Naveen Kumar Jindal, who was summoned by the Bhiwandi Police on Wednesday in connection with his controversial tweets against Prophet Muhammad, sought one month’s time from the police.

Fearing threat to his life following his remarks against the Prophet, Jindal along with his family members left Delhi last week.

The former BJP leader has replied to the Bhiwandi Police in this connection seeking extra time and explaining why he couldn’t join the probe.

“Kindly note that in the recent days, me and my family members have received multiple threats including messages that my entire family would be killed. Because of such threats to my life and also the lives of my family members, I would not be in a position to visit Thane, Maharashtra, from my residence in Delhi and appear before you personally. I would request you to grant me minimum one month’s time to join the investigation keeping in mind the present situation,” Jindal said.

Jindal was expelled from the BJP after a controversy erupted over his tweets supporting now expelled party spokesperson Nupur Sharma, who made some derogatory remarks against the Prophet on a television news debate.

Maharashtra

Mumbai: Three gangsters arrested for selling weapons, major operation by Crime Branch, who is investigating the criminal activities of the three

Published

on

Mumbai: The Mumbai Crime Branch’s Anti-Money Laundering Squad has claimed to have arrested three criminals who were coming to sell weapons in Mumbai. Mumbai Crime Branch received information that three people were going to sell weapons near the public toilet on P. D. Mello Road near St. George’s Hospital in Mumbai. On this basis, the Crime Branch laid a trap here and claimed to have arrested the three and recovered three country-made pistol magazines and 45 live cartridges from their possession. All three have criminal cases registered against them. A murder case is also registered against them. Along with this, it is being investigated where these three got this pistol from and to whom they were going to sell it. Which gang do they belong to and who was their target. Along with this, it is also being investigated whether these miscreants are related to Lawrence Bishnoi or any other gang. Mumbai Police has registered a case against them under the Arms Act and the Mumbai Police Act for illegal sale of weapons. The three have been identified as 24-year-old Ghola Arbaaz Jhalawar, 34-year-old Jashanpreet Mangal Singh and 24-year-old Sukhwinder. The police have started further investigation in this case. Accused number one Arbaaz Jhalawar and Sukhwinder are absconding in a murder case since 2022. In this case, the police have arrested the accused and started investigation. This information was given by DCP Detection Raj Tilak Roshan at a press conference here. He said that this action has been taken on the instructions of Mumbai Police Commissioner Devin Bharti. Meanwhile, further investigation is underway in this matter.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Attention Mumbaikar! Central Railways Announces 5-Hours Mega Block On Sunday May 24 – Check Details Here

Published

on

Mumbai commuters travelling by suburban rail services this weekend may face disruptions as Central Railway has announced a mega block on Sunday, May 24, across suburban sections for maintenance and engineering works, while Western Railway will undertake a jumbo night block between Vasai Road and Virar for track and signalling maintenance.

According to Central Railway, mega blocks will be carried out on both the Main Line and Harbour Line suburban corridors on Sunday to undertake essential infrastructure maintenance and safety-related work.

On the Main Line, Up and Down slow lines between Matunga and Mulund stations will remain under block from 11.05 am to 3.55 pm.

Down slow services departing Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) Mumbai between 10.14 am and 3.32 pm will be diverted to the Down fast line between Matunga and Mulund stations, halting at Sion, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Vikhroli, Bhandup and Mulund stations before rejoining the slow corridor. These trains are expected to arrive around 15 minutes behind schedule.

Similarly, Up slow line services departing Thane between 11.07 am and 3.51 pm will be diverted to the Up fast line between Mulund and Matunga stations with halts at Mulund, Bhandup, Vikhroli, Ghatkopar, Kurla and Sion before being redirected to the slow corridor.

During the block period, trains will not halt at Vidyavihar, Kanjurmarg and Nahur stations on both Up and Down lines.

Central Railway further stated that all Up and Down suburban services leaving or arriving at CSMT between 11 am and 5 pm are expected to reach destinations approximately 15 minutes behind schedule.

On the Harbour Line, Down Harbour services between CSMT and Chunabhatti/Bandra will remain suspended from 11.40 am to 4.40 pm, while Up Harbour services towards CSMT from Chunabhatti and Bandra will remain suspended from 11.10 am to 4.10 pm.

Down Harbour trains towards Vashi, Belapur and Panvel departing CSMT between 11.16 am and 4.47 pm will remain cancelled. Services towards Bandra and Goregaon departing CSMT between 10.48 am and 4.43 pm will also remain suspended.

Meanwhile, Up Harbour trains for CSMT departing Panvel, Belapur and Vashi between 9.53 am and 3.20 pm and services departing Goregaon and Bandra between 10.45 am and 5.13 pm will remain cancelled.

To minimise inconvenience, Central Railway said special services will operate between Panvel and Kurla Platform No. 8 at a frequency of 20 minutes during the block period.

Harbour line passengers will also be permitted to travel via Main Line and Western Railway services between 10 am and 6 pm during the mega block.

Meanwhile, Western Railway will undertake a jumbo block on the Up and Down Slow lines between Vasai Road and Virar stations during the intervening night of May 22 and 23 for maintenance of track, signalling and overhead equipment.

According to Western Railway Chief Public Relations Officer Vineet Abhishek, the block was scheduled from 12.30 am to 4 am on May 23. During the block period, all Slow line trains were to operate on Fast lines between Vasai Road and Virar stations.

Railway officials said some suburban services would remain cancelled during the night block period and commuters were advised to check affected train details with station masters.

Western Railway has also clarified that there will be no daytime block on Sunday, May 24.

Railway authorities said the maintenance works are essential for infrastructure upkeep and passenger safety and requested commuters to cooperate during the temporary disruption.

Continue Reading

Crime

Mumbai: Vasai Cops Arrested for Helping Murder Accused Escape; ₹45,000 Bribe Paid Via Google Pay

Published

on

Vasai: In a shocking incident that has tarnished the image of the ‘Khaki’ uniform and brought embarrassment to the Maharashtra Police force, three police personnel have been caught red-handed and arrested by the Vasai Police for helping a murder accused escape from the Vasai Court premises. Driven by greed, the cops directly utilized digital payment methods to accept the bribe.

The arrested police personnel have been identified as Police Constable Eknath Talpade, Prashant Rathod, and Wasim Sheikh.

The details emerging from the police investigation are startling. The accused policemen had allegedly accepted a bribe of ₹45,000 from the criminal and his family members to facilitate the escape. Instead of taking cash, the bribe was transferred digitally via Google Pay (GPay) in multiple installments of ₹5,000 each.

Upon bringing the accused near the court’s prison van, the corrupt policemen deliberately loosened the handcuffs of the accused, Vinod Soni. Seizing the opportunity, Soni made an excuse to relieve himself, and the police gave him a clear window to flee. The police have also arrested the fugitive’s wife, Sakshi Soni, and son, Atul Soni, for actively conspiring and assisting in the escape.

The incident has sparked widespread outrage within the police department. The anger stems from the fact that the Crime Branch Unit 3 team had recently cracked a highly complex, 16-year-old murder case and arrested Vinod Soni from Madhya Pradesh after an intensive investigation, only for local security personnel to let him go for monetary gain.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending