Crime
Mother-son arrested in Delhi for chopping & dumping husband’s body

In another bone chilling incident similar to the gruesome killing of Shraddha Walkar, the Crime Branch of Delhi Police has arrested a woman and her son for the killing of her husband, chopping his body into 10 pieces and dumping the remains in a New Ashok Nagar drain and near the Ramlila ground in Pandav Nagar.
According to the police, the murder occurred on May 30 and so far, six body parts have been recovered while a search is underway for the missing remains.
The accused have been identified as Poonam and her son Deepak.
Sources said that after chopping Anjan Das’s body, the duo had stored the body parts in their fridge and started gradually disposing them.
The police said that on June 5, after noticing a foul smell in the Ramlila ground, the police inspected the premises and recovered the human remains.
“During the search in the area for three to four days, the police recovered several body parts including the skull. However, the body was unidentified following which a case under relevant sections of the IPC was registered at the Pandav Nagar police station and an investigation was taken up,” said Ravindra Singh Yadav, the Special Commissioner of Police (Crime).
“Police teams spoke to nearby residents and asked them about if anyone was missing but to no avail. CCTV footages were scanned but nothing concrete could be found. It seemed like a blind and gruesome murder.”
Yadav went on to say that after the police teams conducted door-to-door verification, the body was finally identified.
Poonam was narrowed down as a suspect after it was revealed that her husband was missing for the last 7 to 8 months and no complaint was also filed.
The CCTV cameras in the neighbourhood showed Deepak walking with a bag in his hand late at night. His mother Poonam was seen following him.
They were captured in CCTV cameras several times while disposing off the body remains in plastic bags, said the police.
Both were interrogated and they confessed to the crime.
“On interrogation, it was revealed that the mother and son had hatched a conspiracy to kill the victim in March and then on May 30, after giving him sleeping pills mixed in alcohol, the duo stabbed him to death with a knife and dagger, at several vital parts of the body, including the neck,” said Yadav.
“They then kept the body overnight to drain the blood and on June 1, they chopped the body and started disposing it near the Ramila ground. Body parts were also disposed of at the New Ashok Nagar drain.”
According to the police, Poonam alleged that her husband had illicit relations and was also eyeing Deepak’s wife, adding that he even sold her jewellery.
“Poonam, a native of Bihar was first married to Sukdev Tiwari. However, Sukhdev had come to Delhi. Poonam came looking for him but was not able to locate him. After some time, she married Kalu in Delhi and both had a son, Deepak. After Kalu died due to liver failure, she married Anjan Das in 2017,” said Yadav.
The victim, a resident of Kalyanpuri, used to work as a lift mechanic and had eight children back in Bihar.
Police said that the b dy parts have been sent for DNA profiling and the victim’s family members in Bihar are being contacted to collect DNA samples for examination.
The latest incident comes as the investigation into Walkar’s brutal murder by her live-in partner Aaftab Amin Poonawalla is currently underway.
He murdered Walkar on May following which he chopped her body into 35 pieces and disposed it off across various areas of the national capital.
He was arrested on November 12.
Crime
Mumbai Five members of Lawrence Bishnoi gang arrested, Mumbai Crime Branch gives a shock to Bishnoi gang

Mumbai: Mumbai Crime Branch has claimed to have arrested five shooters of gangster Lawrence Bishnoi gang in a major operation. 5 revolvers and 21 live cartridges have been recovered from the possession of these shooters. Mumbai Police is also interrogating these shooters. Police arrested the attackers before they could execute the incident and averted the incident. Mumbai Crime Branch has arrested these five from Andheri area. They had come here with the intention of carrying out a major vandalism incident, but the police foiled the incident before that.
The arrested accused include Vikas Thakur, Samit Dilawar, Devendra Rupesh Saxena, Shreya Suresh Yadav, Vivek Gupta. Vikas Thakur is a resident of Versova Andheri, Samit Mukesh Kumar Dilawar is a resident of Sonipat, Haryana, Devendra Rupesh Saxena is a resident of Madhya Pradesh, Shreya Suresh Yadav is a resident of Jagdishpur, Bihar and Vivek Kumar Gupta is a resident of Rampur, Rajasthan.
Weapons have been recovered from their possession and the Crime Branch has registered a case against them under Section 3 and 25 of the BNS, Section 55 and 61 (2) and Maharashtra Police Act. The Crime Branch is investigating where the accused brought the weapons from.
After the shooting of Salman Khan, Lawrence Bishnoi gang is trying to become active in Mumbai, but due to the strict action of Mumbai Crime Branch, the back of the gang has been broken and now the Crime Branch has given a big blow to the Lawrence Bishnoi gang and arrested five of its members. The Crime Branch is further investigating the matter.
Crime
Mumbai Malad Gudi Padwa violence: Three arrested, situation peaceful, police alert, DCP Asmita Hotel

Mumbai: After the violence on Gudi Padwa in Malad, Mumbai, the situation is now peaceful here, but despite this, politics has also started on this issue and an attempt has been made to spread communal tension by giving it a Hindu-Muslim color. On the occasion of Gudi Padwa, a local youth attacked five minors passing in front of Noorani Mosque. In this case, the police has controlled the situation and so far three people have been arrested. A case of rioting has also been registered against them. The crowd is also being identified. The accused have been identified on the basis of CCTV and three people have been arrested. Along with this, after getting control of the situation, the police has put Malad on high alert and is also keeping an eye on communal elements.
Now communal elements have started trying to spoil the atmosphere in Mumbai, so the police is also keeping an eye on social media. Local DCP Smita Patil said that the situation in Malad Maloni is peaceful and action is being taken against the miscreants. Arrests are also continuing after examining CCTV footage and other footage.
So far three people have been arrested in this case, one of whom is Sharan, who attacked the minor. In this case, Vishwa Hindu Parishad Bajrang Dal has given an ultimatum to the police that if they do not arrest the accused as soon as possible, they will protest. In this case, the DCP has made tight security arrangements at all places and has also appealed not to pay attention to rumors and not to share unverified videos or controversial posts on social media. The police is on alert to maintain law and order in Mumbai and Mumbai Police Commissioner Vivek Panchalkar has issued strict instructions.
Sanjay Nirupam’s venomous attack on the violence on Gaddi Padwa
After the violence on Gudi Padwa, Sanjay Nirupam has made many serious allegations against the police, he has accused the police of delaying action and protecting the accused. He has questioned the action of Mumbai Police and said that the main accused Sharan and his mother do not allow Hindus to celebrate their festivals and their hooliganism continues here. Sanjay Nirupam has called Muslims Jihadis. Sanjay Nirupam said that the police took action when pressure was put on them.
Crime
Kunal Kamra row: 3 more FIRs filed over Shinde jibe, merged with Mumbai case

Mumbai, March 29: In fresh trouble for controversial comedian Kunal Kamra, three additional FIRs filed against him in different cities have been merged with the one registered in Mumbai’s Khar police station over his alleged jibe at Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Eknath Shinde.
The stand-up comedian courted controversy for cracking an allegedly objectionable joke during a show last month, using the term ‘gaddar’ (traitor) to make a veiled reference to Shinde.
The three zero FIRs that have been merged with the main case registered in Khar were filed in Thane, Nashik and Buldhana by Shiv Sena workers.
The three FIRs were filed by Sunil Jadhav from Nandgaon Manmad, Nashik; Sanjay Bhujbal from Jalgaon Jamod, Buldhana and Mayur Borse from Manmad, Nashik.
The complainants in the three FIRs said that the comedian allegedly created hatred between political parties by making ‘objectionable’ remarks against Shinde. They also alleged that Kamra’s remarks defamed Shinde’s ‘conduct’.
The three FIRs were registered under penal provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita dealing with defamation and public mischief.
Kamra, who has been granted protection against arrest till April 7 by the Madras High Court, has been summoned by Khar police for recording his statement on Monday – this will be the third police attempt to call him as he has not responded to two earlier requests.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, Zone 9 (Mumbai), Dixit Gedam said two offences have been registered at Khar police station.
One is against Kamra for derogatory comments, while the other is against people who vandalised the Unicontinental hotel in Khar where the shoot of his stand-up comedy act titled ‘Naya Bharat’ took place.
Kamra landed in trouble after giving a comic spin-off to a popular Hindi song in which he indirectly described Shinde as a ‘traitor’, referring to the 2022 Maharashtra political crisis which eventually led to the collapse of the Uddhav Thackeray-led state government.
The controversy snowballed after Kamra uploaded a clip from the show on social media last Saturday. Angry Shiv Saniks vandalised the hotel, resulting in the arrest and the subsequent granting of bail to 12 Shinde supporters.
-
Crime3 years ago
Class 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra6 months ago
Mumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra6 months ago
Mumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra6 months ago
False photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News6 months ago
Ministry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Crime6 months ago
Baba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
-
Maharashtra5 months ago
Maharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News6 months ago
J&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface