Connect with us
Thursday,21-May-2026
Breaking News

Maharashtra

Konkan board of MHADA extends lottery deadline for 4,640 homes to April 19

Published

on

Mumbai: The Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority’s (MHADA) Konkan Board has extended the deadline to submit and deposit payment for its ongoing affordable housing lottery process.

A statement released by the housing body has now revised the application deadline to April 19 from the earlier April 10.

Likewise, the deadline for payment of earnest money deposits has been extended from April 12 to April 21. The affordable housing draw has a total of 4,640 homes and 14 land parcels up for sale.

In another development, Maruti More, Chief Officer, Konkan Board said that some important changes have been made in the application submission process in the new computerised system to facilitate more applications. It is no longer mandatory for the applicant to have a Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban scheme (PMAY) registration certificate to be a part of the lottery. This certificate can now be obtained prior to taking possession of the flat. In the existing affordable housing lottery draw, there are 984 flats available for sale under the PMAY – Urban scheme.

Information of applicant to be shown in pop-up now

Secondly, certain issues were being faced with regard to uploading of the income tax return certificates. The system verifies the acknowledgement number, total income, assessment year and applicant’s name but the optical character recognition software was unable to verify these details for some applications as the images of uploaded documents were unclear. So now, when the applicant uploads the income tax return certificate in the system, the information about the individual’s total income, assessment year and name will be shown in a pop up.

Applicant can now modify their details in the system

If the information is correct, consent will be taken from the applicant in the checkbox. If the said information does not match with the information in the income tax return certificate uploaded in the system, the applicant now has the facility to modify it in the system.

Grievances were also received from several female applicants as they couldn’t register themselves owing to change of surname after marriage. Now, a new option has been given to women where in they can mention their new surname which doesn’t needs to reflect in all the uploaded documents.

Maharashtra

Mumbai: Stone-pelting case registered against police during Bandra mosque demolition, situation peaceful but tension remains, demolition process underway

Published

on

Mumbai: The situation became tense after the demolition of a mosque in Mumbai’s Bandra Garib Nagar. After a clash between the police and protesters during the protest against the demolition of the mosque, the police resorted to light lathicharge here, after which the situation came under control, but the tension still persists. The police have detained about 7 to 10 protesters for stone-pelting, while now the situation here is certainly peaceful, but the tension persists. Demolition operations are underway in Bandra under heavy police arrangements. So far, more than 500 huts have been demolished and the settlement has been razed to the ground. The public protested against the BMC bulldozer and the road was blocked. The police closed the road in this area. The situation is now under control. The police said that a case has been registered after the incident of stone-pelting on the police. The police have now also started investigating the matter of stone-pelting and disturbing the situation in public places. The BMC’s action is ongoing. The situation had deteriorated after the demolition of the mosque, but the police have controlled it, which is also causing tension. Liaquat, a worshipper of the mosque, says that the police and BMC have suddenly carried out a demolition operation, while the mosque was not part of the demolition operation, yet it was targeted. Muslims are bound to be angry because the mosque was targeted, but the police started lathicharge on them, while the mosque is old and we used to offer prayers here, so this has deeply shocked us.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

BMC Conducts Anti-Encroachment Drive At Mumbai’s Iconic Mohammad Ali Road; Disrupts Traffic

Published

on

Mumbai: A video has surfaced from Mohammad Ali Road showing the demolition of an allegedly illegal structure alongside one of Mumbai’s well-known localities, with civic authorities carrying out action as part of an anti-encroachment drive in the area.

According to a post shared by dahisarkar, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) undertook an anti-encroachment operation in the Mohammad Ali Road locality on Wednesday. Visuals circulating online show a JCB machine being used during the demolition process as civic teams carried out the action on the ground.

The post also mentions that a heavy police deployment was also seen in the area to maintain law and order and prevent any untoward incidents during the drive. Traffic movement in parts of the locality was reportedly affected as authorities conducted the operation.

As per local administration sources, the action was undertaken to remove encroachments from public spaces and ensure smoother movement on roads for citizens. The drives are aimed at keeping roads clear and reducing inconvenience caused due to illegal structures or obstructions occupying public areas.

Mohammad Ali Road, one of Mumbai’s prominent and densely populated areas, often witnesses heavy vehicular movement and pedestrian traffic, making road accessibility and public space management a key civic concern.

The civic body has been carrying out anti-encroachment and clearance drives across multiple parts of Mumbai as part of efforts to improve public infrastructure access and maintain civic order. However, authorities have not yet issued any detailed official statement regarding the specific structure demolished during the latest operation near Mohammad Ali Road.

Tension gripped Bandra’s Garib Nagar area on the second day of the ongoing demolition drive after a mosque structure was razed during Western Railway’s anti-encroachment operation. Residents expressed strong outrage and emotional reactions during the demolition of the mosque structure. As the drive was underway in Garib Nagar, angry residents staged protests at the site.

Locals allegedly also threw water and buckets at Mumbai Police personnel during the agitation. Following the chaos, Mumbai Police resorted to a lathi charge to control the situation. Another visual showed the situation escalating as a major scuffle was seen between the police and locals. Visuals from the site also showed some women personnel dragging someone.

Furthermore, some anti-social elements tried to obstruct the work by throwing stones on the the demolition squad. Mumbai Police used appropriate force to disperse them off and FIRs are being lodged against the vandals.

The drive came after the Bombay HC, in its May 5 order, permitted WR to continue the demolition drive. However, it also said that the rights of slum dwellers who were found eligible in the 2021 surveys must be protected.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Citizens’ complaints are like eyes and ears for the administration, take serious notice and prioritize timely solutions: Municipal Commissioner

Published

on

Complaints made by Mumbai citizens regarding various civic amenities or issues are like eyes and ears for this administration. The administration gets a response (ready feedback) from it. Therefore, the complaints of the citizens should be taken seriously and timely resolution should be prioritized. Also, the ‘MARG’ (Complaint Management) application launched by the Municipal Corporation for complaints received through various channels should be used effectively. Arrangements should be made for pesticide control at construction sites. The Municipal Commissioner said that steps should be taken to dispose of food waste generated in roadside shops and food stalls. Ashwini Bhide visited the Pesticide Control Post on 74-Minute Road in Fort area this morning (May 20, 2026). This is Mumbai’s first and almost 100-year-old Pesticide Control Post. After this, he visited the A-2 Road Repair and Storage Post and Sewerage Post in ‘A’ Sector. Road repair and storage post in S.K. Patil Udayan, student study at Kamalabai Kanya School Road in ‘C’ sector; She visited the Nana Chowk area in ‘D’ sector, the pesticide post at Worli in ‘G’ South sector and the Love Grove Rainwater Harvesting Centre. She was speaking at the time.

Municipal Commissioner Ashwini Bhide said that special efforts should be made for pesticide control. Food waste is generated in large quantities in shops and food stalls on the roadside. Due to which the problem of rats, cats and mosquitoes also increases. Steps should be taken to dispose of the food waste generated at these places. Restaurants and food selling establishments should be encouraged to fill food waste in bags and hand it over to municipal waste collectors instead of throwing it elsewhere. Apart from this, the concerned construction professionals or developers should be advised to develop a system and deploy employees at the construction site to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes, Bhide also gave instructions on the occasion. Bhide further said that complaints and feedback regarding various civic amenities or issues are received from public representatives and citizens through helpline numbers, social media etc. These complaints or feedback are like eyes and ears for the administration. This gives the administration a real response (ready feedback). These complaints or feedback should be taken seriously and resolved immediately. In addition, the Municipal Corporation has launched a unified and dedicated application called ‘MARG’ (Complaint Management and Redressal) for complaints received through various channels like helpline numbers, social media etc. All the concerned officers and employees should use it effectively. In addition, they should try to perform better by showing their activity in their daily work. Meanwhile, the system of Udanchan Kendra should be kept ready before the monsoon season. Bhide also directed that pumping stations should be kept functional where rainwater collects.

During this, Bhide saw various equipment used for pest control and their demonstration and obtained information from the concerned employees. Apart from this, he obtained detailed information about various measures taken for rat control, overall work at the post etc. and verified the attendance records of the employees and other matters. On this occasion, Deputy Commissioner (Zone 1) Chanda Jadhav, Deputy Commissioner (Zone 2) Prashant Sapkale, Deputy Commissioner (Municipal Commissioner Office) Prashant Gaikwad, Assistant Commissioner (C Division) Alka Sasane, Assistant Commissioner (A Division) Gajanan Belle, Assistant Commissioner (D Division) Gajanan Belle, Assistant Commissioner (D Division), Mr. Salun’s officers, concerned officers etc. were present.

During this, Bhide interacted with the employees and workers of the departments of pesticides, sanitation, security etc. and found out their problems. S. Ka Patil also interacted with the citizens visiting the park and the students in the workshop. He also praised the employees and workers working at the pesticide post in D Division who won prizes in various competitions for performing their duties.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending