General
India reports 6,317 fresh Covid cases, Omicron tally at 213
India registered 6,317 fresh Covid cases and 318 deaths in the last 24 hours, and the Omicron tally has reached 213, said the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Wednesday.
With the addition of 318 new deaths, the death toll has climbed to 4,78,325.
Meanwhile, the Omicron infection tally has climbed at 213 across the nation. However, out of total Omicron positive, 90 have been discharged. So far 15 states have reported Omicron infection, said the ministry.
The recovery of 6,906 patients in the last 24 hours has increased the cumulative tally to 3,42,01,966. Consequently, India’s recovery rate stands at 98.40 per cent, the highest since March 2020.
India’s active caseload is presently at 78,190, the lowest in 575 days. Active cases constitute 0.22 per cent of the country’s total positive cases, which is the lowest since March 2020.
Also in the same period, a total of 12,29,512 tests were conducted across the country. India has so far conducted over 66.73 crore cumulative tests.
Meanwhile, the weekly positivity rate at 0.58 per cent has remained less than 1 per cent for the last 38 days now.
The daily positivity rate stands at 0.51 per cent, which has also remained below 2 per cent for the last 79 days and less than 3 per cent for 114 consecutive days now.
With the administration of 57,05,039 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India’s Covid inoculation coverage has reached 138.96 crore as of Wednesday morning.
More than 17.73 crore balance and unutilised Covid vaccine doses are still available with the states and union territories to be administered, according to the health ministry as of Wednesday morning,
Mumbai Press Exclusive News
Jogeshwari POCSO case: Accused out on bail arrested again

Mumbai: A fugitive accused involved in the Mumbai Pisco case has been arrested again by the Jogeshwari police after 6 years. In Jogeshwari, Mumbai, accused Pankaj Panchal, 27, was arrested in 2019 in the Pisco child abuse and exploitation case and was on bail but was absent from court proceedings and had been hiding his identity for the last 6 years. The police received information that the accused had come near the SRA building, on which the police laid a trap and succeeded in arresting the accused from Jogeshwari. The court had also issued a non-bailable warrant against him, after which the police complied with it and arrested him and presented him in the court and the court has sent him on remand. The police are investigating further. This information has been given by DCP Datta Nalawade of Mumbai Police Zone 10.
Maharashtra
Milind’s gangsters are a symbol of the city’s destruction, action is being taken under MPDA

Mumbai: Milind Police have taken action against Tek Shankar Dhotre, who created terror here by intimidating shopkeepers, passers-by and rickshaw drivers and collected money by threatening them. The action has been taken on the instructions of Additional Commissioner Mahesh Patil. The accused is a terror in the area. A total of 6 cases of violence against him have been registered against him for collecting money. He intimidates traders and shopkeepers and collects money from him every month. No one used to speak out against him. In such a situation, the police took the complainant into confidence and took action against him. He is a terror in Milind. After taking action under the MPDA, the accused was taken into custody and deported from Mumbai to other cities. The Mumbai Police has now started action against such goons to restore the trust of the public towards the police so that the public’s trust in the police is established and the fear of the police remains in the hearts of the goons.
Mumbai Press Exclusive News
MHADA to Blacklist Developer, File Criminal Case in Nagpada Redevelopment Mess

Mumbai: In a significant move aimed at protecting long-awaited tenant rehabilitation, the Maharashtra Government has approved the compulsory acquisition of three severely dilapidated buildings in Nagpada—Taumbawala Building, Deoji Darsi Building, and Zohra Mansion—after a decade-long delay in redevelopment.
The approval, issued through a Government Resolution dated 28 November 2025, empowers MHADA to take control of the stalled project under the amended provisions of the MHADA Act, 1976, following recent directions from the Bombay High Court.
The three buildings, located on Chhouthi Peer Khan Street and falling under C.S. Nos. 1458, 1459, and 1460 in the Byculla Division, were part of an extensive redevelopment plan covering several structures, including Building Nos. 13–13A, 13B, 15, 17, 19, 21–23, 31–33, and 35–37.
Although the developer managed to complete the structural framework of a proposed ground + 20-storey tower, the project has remained stagnant for nearly ten years. Key failures highlighted by authorities include:
- Not providing permanent housing to tenants
- Non-payment of transit rent for the last three years
- Extremely slow progress in internal construction
- Rising complaints and grievances from tenants
The situation prompted affected tenants to approach the Bombay High Court. On 1 October 2025, the Court directed the State to take necessary action under the MHADA Act, setting the stage for the latest government intervention.
Acting on MHADA’s proposal, the State Government has now sanctioned the compulsory acquisition of the 1,532.63 sq. m. land parcel on which the three buildings stand. MHADA will assume control to complete the long-pending redevelopment work and ensure rehabilitation of residents.
As part of the acquisition process, the government has laid down several mandatory conditions:
The developer must submit complete details of:
- Third-party rights
- Bank loans and financial liabilities
- Any other encumbrances
Only after reviewing these disclosures will the State grant final approval.
The government has ordered:
- Blacklisting of the developer
- Criminal proceedings for negligence and failure to fulfill obligations
- Intimation to agencies including the BMC and other relevant departments
MHADA and the Mumbai Building Repair and Reconstruction Board must adhere to the Housing Department’s guidelines issued on 22 August 2023, and secure all required approvals before taking over the project.
Authorities have also been instructed to initiate immediate legal and administrative measures to take physical possession of the property.
Redevelopment of Mumbai’s aging and precarious buildings has long been plagued by delays, disputes, and stalled projects. The State’s decision to step in reinforces the strengthened provisions of the MHADA Act, which empower authorities to take over unsafe and defaulted redevelopment projects in the interest of residents.
With the acquisition now cleared, MHADA will move ahead with completing the redevelopment and finally rehabilitating the displaced families of Zohra Mansion, Taumbawala Building, and Deoji Darsi Building—offering hope to tenants who have waited more than a decade for secure housing.
-
Crime3 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra1 year agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News1 year agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News1 year agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime1 year agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
