Connect with us
Monday,25-September-2023
Breaking News

National News

Hamid Ansari attends IAMC event which had tried to get India blacklisted

Published

on

Former Vice President Hamid Ansari and actress Swara Bhaskar participated in an event by IAMC on Republic Day, an organisation which tried to get India blacklisted by the US, DisinfoLab said in a report.

“Former VP Ansari & Actor Swara Bhaskar participating in an event by IAMC to ‘save pluralism’ on #RepublicDay They may not know: IAMC paid money to get India black-list by the US is linked with Jamaat-e-Islami (JeI) & Linked with the fraud in name of Covid crisis,” DisinfoLab said in a tweet.

UAPA was imposed on Indian American Muslim Council (IAMC) last year for spreading fake news to incite communal violence and reinforces the narrative of minority plight in India – from fabricated stories on CAA to Tripura violence, the report said. IAMC members like Kaleem Kawaja have been vocal supporter of Taliban.

Director of Operations in IMANA is Zahid Mahmood, who is a former Pak Navy official. Coincidentally, IMANA is also linked with Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), a Muslim Brotherhood front in the US.

IAMC is headed by Rasheed Ahmed, who was Executive Director (2008-17) of another shady front — Islamic Medical Association of North America (IMANA). At the peak of Covid crisis in India, IMANA collected funds in the name of helping India and robbed all money.

AMC key player Shaik Ubaid and his buddy Abdul Malik Mujahid headed Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) — the US front for Jamaat-e-Islami, Pakistan. ICNA has known links with Pak-based terror groups, including LeT, the report said.

AMC founder Shaik Ubaid collected funds in the name of Rohingyas and paid to Lobby firm FGR for getting India blacklisted by USCIRF! FGR head Terry Allen was a long time associate of Nadine Maenza, USCIRF Chair, who is also ‘saving pluralism’ in India.

National News

Asaduddin Owaisi Challenges Rahul Gandhi To Contest Election Against Him From Hyderabad

Published

on

By

Hyderabad, September 25: AIMIM Chief Asaduddin Owaisi has challenged Congress MP Rahul Gandhi to contest the 2024 Lok Sabha elections against him from Hyderabad and not from Wayanad. Participating in a rally on Monday, Owaisi said, “Is baar Wayanad se nahi Hyderabad mein muqabla karo” (This time fight from Hyderabad and not Wayanad). I am challenging you (Rahul Gandhi) don’t go to Wayanad, come to Hyderabad and contest elections.”

‘Come to the ground and let’s have a contest’

“You keep giving big statements, come to the ground and let’s have a contest. People from Congress will say a lot of things, but I am ready. Come and face this man with beard and sherwani, you will know what a contest means,” he stated. “Babri Masjid and Secretariat’s mosque were demolished under the Congress regime,” he charged.

The Congress people would do a lot of talking

“The same BJP MP who bad-mouthed in Parliament had also stood up against me to speak. I strictly told him to sit down. You can’t face my sharp tongue. The Congress people would do a lot of talking. I am ready. I am also appealing before the people of Telangana, remember, the common man was harassed and attacked during the regime of Congress. With great difficulty, we have ensured peace in the city. This peace should be intact,” Owaisi stated. Rahul Gandhi recently charged that BJP, Bharata Rastra Samithi (BRS) and AIMIM are collaborating ahead of the state Assembly elections.

Continue Reading

National News

BJP MP Ramesh Bidhuri Abuses, Calls BSP’s Danish Ali ‘Pimp’, ‘Terrorist’ in Lok Sabha; Rajnath Singh Expresses Regret

Published

on

By

New Delhi: In a shocking use of unparliamentary language used in the Lok Sabha, BJP MP from Delhi, Ramesh Bidhuri, abused and used foul language on record against BSP MP Danish Ali. In the video which is being shared by parliamentarians of Opposition parties, it is evident that BJP MP Bidhuri used abuses and highly objectionable language for the BSP MP when he tried to reply to the BJP MP. Bidhuri made the remarks while participating in a discussion on the Chandrayaan-3 mission in the Lok Sabha and started his tirade after saying that “PM Modi was not trying to steal credit of the scientists…”

BJP MP Ramesh Bidhuri used words such as “extremist”, “pimp” and “terrorist” and abused BSP MP Danish Ali while speaking in the Lok Sabha. “Ye Mulla aatankwadi hai (This cleric is a terrorist)” and “bahar pheko naa iss mulle ko (throw this cleric outside),” said the BJP MP even as Opposition raised objections against the filthy language used by Ramesh Bidhuri.

Shockingly, former Union Health Minister Dr Harshvardhan of the BJP was seen laughing and grining on Ramesh Bidhuri’s highly objectionable remarks in the Lok Sabha. BJP MP Dr Harshvardhan was seated a row behind Ramesh Bidhuri.

Massive outrage across party lines

The comments by Bidhuri created massive outrage across MPs from across the party lines.

“Filthy language used by a BJP parliamentarian for fellow MP from BSP @KDanishAli. No shame left. This is sickening. Will speaker LS take note and take action?” posted UBT leader Priyanka Chaturvedi on X, tagging TMC MP Mahua Moitra.

Chairman, Media & Publicity Deptt of Congress party, also commented on the objectionable language used by Ramesh Bidhuri.

National Conference (NC) leader and former Jammu and Kashmir CM Omar Abdullah also criticised the MP for the language used against a fellow parliamentarian.

Rajnath Singh expresses regret over remarks

Raksha Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday (September 21) expressed regret in the Lok Sabha for the “objectionable” remarks made by BJP MP Ramesh Bidhuri.

Congress member K Suresh, who was in the Chair when the episode played out in the Lok Sabha, said that he had already instructed the officials to expunge the remarks.

“I express regret if the opposition is hurt by the remarks made by the member,” Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh said in his comments.

Continue Reading

National News

Canada High Commission Calls On Indian Govt To Ensure Safety & Security Of Diplomats, Staff Following Threats On Social Media

Published

on

By

New Delhi: Amid growing tensions, the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi on Thursday called on the Indian government to ensure safety and security of diplomats and staff after they received threats on social media. The Canada High Commission in Delhi said, “Our High Commission and all consulates in India are open and operational and continue to serve clients. Global Affairs Canada continuously monitors the safety and security of our missions and personnel as we maintain a strict security protocol to respond to any events.”

Canada High Commission Statement

It said: “In light of the current environment where tensions have heightened, we are taking action to ensure the safety of our diplomats. With some diplomats having received threats on various social media platforms, Global Affairs Canada is assessing its staff complement in India. As a result, and out of an abundance of caution, we have decided to temporarily adjust staff presence in India. All of our locations are staffed by diplomats and locally-engaged staff to ensure business and operational continuity.” It said that Global Affairs Canada will continue to take all appropriate measures to protect the health and safety of all our personnel, including locally-engaged staff, and to protect our operations in India. “Decisions are made based on a number of factors including the professional profile of an employee or personal circumstances,” it said.

Obligations under the Vienna conventions

“In the context of respect for obligations under the Vienna conventions, we expect India to provide for the security of our accredited diplomats and consular officers in India, just as we are for theirs here,” the statement added.

The diplomatic tension between the two nations nosedived on Tuesday over the killing of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar.

New Delhi on Tuesday expelled a senior Canadian diplomat based here in a tit for tat move giving similar reply to Canada. The High Commissioner of Canada to India (Cameron Mackay) received summons on Tuesday during which the Government of India conveyed its decision to expel a senior Canadian diplomat currently stationed in the country. The concerned diplomat has been officially instructed to depart from India within the next five days, a statement issued by the MEA said.

“The decision reflects the Government of India’s growing concern at the interference of Canadian diplomats in our internal matters and their involvement in anti-India activities,” the statement said.

The decision came after Canada had earlier expelled a high ranking Indian diplomat. These developments have occurred after Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Monday in an emergency statement in Parliament accused the Government of India of involvement in the fatal shooting of Nijjar. India has rejected claims by the Canadian government that it had an involvement in the killing of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar. India has dubbed the charges as “absurd and motivated.”

Continue Reading

Trending