National News
Farhan signalled AK-47, but Gill & Abhishek launched BrahMos to dismantle Pakistan: Kaneria on India’s win
New Delhi, Sep 22: Former Pakistan spinner Danish Kaneria shared his blunt views on Pakistan’s loss to India in the Super Four clash of the ongoing Asia Cup, saying the Indian openers left Pakistan’s bowlers clueless with their ruthless counterattack.
Batting first, Sahibzada Farhan top-scored with 58, while Faheem Ashraf’s unbeaten 20 off eight balls gave Pakistan late momentum as they posted 171/5 in 20 overs.
In reply, Abhishek Sharma stole the spotlight with a whirlwind 74 off 39 balls, smashing six fours and five sixes. Alongside Shubman Gill (47 off 28), he added 105 runs inside the first 10 overs to set up India’s six-wicket victory and a strong start to their Super Four campaign.
“Sahibzada Farhan signalled an AK-47, but then Shubman Gill and Abhishek Sharma launched a BrahMos of their own with the bat — and Sharma even followed it with a flying kiss. That’s how you do it. The Indian openers’ counterattack was so destructive that Pakistan players were left bamboozled. There’s ‘dhulai’ and then there’s ‘maha dhulai’. This was the latter,” Kaneria told media on Monday.
He further added, “When you have players like Abhishek Sharma and Shubman Gill as openers, even 200 can look like a small total against them on such a wicket. Both are class players.”
Kaneria also criticised Pakistan’s tendency to look for scapegoats after a defeat, this time pointing to Fakhar Zaman’s dismissal.
Zaman had made a brisk start, flicking Bumrah for four and then driving him for another boundary. But his innings ended in the third over when he edged a slower delivery from Hardik Pandya to wicketkeeper Sanju Samson, with the third umpire confirming the dismissal.
“Now Pakistan will look for another scapegoat, and they’ve found one in Fakhar Zaman’s dismissal. He’ll cry now, saying he wasn’t out. But it was a clear and clean catch by Sanju Samson — the gloves were clearly underneath the ball. And yet Pakistan will surely cry over it, talking about ‘benefit of doubt’. Fakhar will cling to this excuse,” said Kaneria.
India will next face Bangladesh on Thursday, while Pakistan will aim to bounce back against Sri Lanka on Wednesday.
Mumbai Press Exclusive News
Jogeshwari POCSO case: Accused out on bail arrested again

Mumbai: A fugitive accused involved in the Mumbai Pisco case has been arrested again by the Jogeshwari police after 6 years. In Jogeshwari, Mumbai, accused Pankaj Panchal, 27, was arrested in 2019 in the Pisco child abuse and exploitation case and was on bail but was absent from court proceedings and had been hiding his identity for the last 6 years. The police received information that the accused had come near the SRA building, on which the police laid a trap and succeeded in arresting the accused from Jogeshwari. The court had also issued a non-bailable warrant against him, after which the police complied with it and arrested him and presented him in the court and the court has sent him on remand. The police are investigating further. This information has been given by DCP Datta Nalawade of Mumbai Police Zone 10.
Business
Ashwini Vaishnaw flags off Swarnanagari Express, connecting Jaisalmer to Delhi

Jaipur, Nov 29: Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw and Union Tourism Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat jointly flagged off the Swarnanagari Express on Saturday, which will connect Jaisalmer with Delhi.
During the inauguration ceremony, responding to the request of Union Minister Shekhawat and the locals, the Railways Minister announced the renaming of the newly-launched train from Jaisalmer–Shakur Basti–Jaisalmer to Swarnanagari Express.
He announced that the train will begin regular operations on December 1.
The minister said that development work at Jaisalmer railway station is in its final phase and is expected to be completed within a month.
“Efforts will be made to ensure that Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates the upgraded station,” he said.
Union Minister Vaishnaw also confirmed that the railway line between Jaisalmer and Jodhpur will be upgraded soon.
According to officials, these initiatives will significantly improve connectivity, boost tourism, and strengthen strategic infrastructure in the border region.
Ashwini Vaishnaw said that the connectivity will strengthen national security.
Preparations are underway to connect several regions along the Rajasthan–Pakistan border with new railway lines.
He said that extending rail connectivity to these sensitive areas will significantly enhance the country’s security infrastructure.
Under this initiative, new railway lines are proposed for Anupgarh, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Barmer, and Bhildi.
The minister arrived in Jaisalmer on Saturday to inaugurate a new train service to Delhi.
The minister also visited stalls under the One Station, One Product scheme and made purchases to promote local artisans.
He said that the Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the proposed border-area railway lines is being prepared and will be completed in the coming months.
“A complete effort will be made to connect the entire border region,” he assured.
He added that railway projects worth approximately Rs 55,000 crore are currently in progress across Rajasthan, including the redevelopment of 85 railway stations.
Work is also advancing on multiple new railway corridors and infrastructure projects.
The new initiatives, officials said, will improve connectivity, boost tourism, and strengthen strategic infrastructure in the border region.
Mumbai Press Exclusive News
MHADA to Blacklist Developer, File Criminal Case in Nagpada Redevelopment Mess

Mumbai: In a significant move aimed at protecting long-awaited tenant rehabilitation, the Maharashtra Government has approved the compulsory acquisition of three severely dilapidated buildings in Nagpada—Taumbawala Building, Deoji Darsi Building, and Zohra Mansion—after a decade-long delay in redevelopment.
The approval, issued through a Government Resolution dated 28 November 2025, empowers MHADA to take control of the stalled project under the amended provisions of the MHADA Act, 1976, following recent directions from the Bombay High Court.
The three buildings, located on Chhouthi Peer Khan Street and falling under C.S. Nos. 1458, 1459, and 1460 in the Byculla Division, were part of an extensive redevelopment plan covering several structures, including Building Nos. 13–13A, 13B, 15, 17, 19, 21–23, 31–33, and 35–37.
Although the developer managed to complete the structural framework of a proposed ground + 20-storey tower, the project has remained stagnant for nearly ten years. Key failures highlighted by authorities include:
- Not providing permanent housing to tenants
- Non-payment of transit rent for the last three years
- Extremely slow progress in internal construction
- Rising complaints and grievances from tenants
The situation prompted affected tenants to approach the Bombay High Court. On 1 October 2025, the Court directed the State to take necessary action under the MHADA Act, setting the stage for the latest government intervention.
Acting on MHADA’s proposal, the State Government has now sanctioned the compulsory acquisition of the 1,532.63 sq. m. land parcel on which the three buildings stand. MHADA will assume control to complete the long-pending redevelopment work and ensure rehabilitation of residents.
As part of the acquisition process, the government has laid down several mandatory conditions:
The developer must submit complete details of:
- Third-party rights
- Bank loans and financial liabilities
- Any other encumbrances
Only after reviewing these disclosures will the State grant final approval.
The government has ordered:
- Blacklisting of the developer
- Criminal proceedings for negligence and failure to fulfill obligations
- Intimation to agencies including the BMC and other relevant departments
MHADA and the Mumbai Building Repair and Reconstruction Board must adhere to the Housing Department’s guidelines issued on 22 August 2023, and secure all required approvals before taking over the project.
Authorities have also been instructed to initiate immediate legal and administrative measures to take physical possession of the property.
Redevelopment of Mumbai’s aging and precarious buildings has long been plagued by delays, disputes, and stalled projects. The State’s decision to step in reinforces the strengthened provisions of the MHADA Act, which empower authorities to take over unsafe and defaulted redevelopment projects in the interest of residents.
With the acquisition now cleared, MHADA will move ahead with completing the redevelopment and finally rehabilitating the displaced families of Zohra Mansion, Taumbawala Building, and Deoji Darsi Building—offering hope to tenants who have waited more than a decade for secure housing.
-
Crime3 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra1 year agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News1 year agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News1 year agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime1 year agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
