Connect with us
Saturday,05-April-2025
Breaking News

Maharashtra

‘Fadnavis Ineligible To Run Home Dept’, Raut Says After BJP Leader Bawankule Son’s Audi Car Accident

Published

on

'Fadnavis Ineligible To Run Home Dept', Raut Says After BJP Leader Bawankule Son's Audi Car Accident

Mumbai, Sep 10: Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut on Tuesday said Devendra Fadnavis was not eligible to head the Maharashtra home department, an attack coming a day after the accident involving a luxury car owned by state BJP chief Chandrashekhar Bawankule’s son.

Speaking to reporters here, Raut claimed evidence has been removed in the case and that till BJP leader Fadnavis remains the home minister, there will not be any fair probe in any case in the state.

About The Accident

The Audi car owned by Bawankule’s son Sanket hit several vehicles in Ramdaspeth area of Nagpur in the early hours of Monday, after which the driver and one more occupant were apprehended by police.

The occupants of the luxury car were returning from a beer bar in Dharampeth area when the incident took place, a police official on Monday said adding the medical examination will include blood tests for alcohol detection.

“A case of rash driving and other offences was registered. No action has been taken so far against Sanket Bawankule and the other two occupants who reportedly escaped from the scene at Mankapur bridge,” the official said.

Raut on Tuesday hit out at Fadnavis over the case probe.

“According to our information, the son of BJP state president Chandrashekhar Bawankule was allegedly drunk and seriously injured two persons in Nagpur. Surprisingly, his name was not mentioned in the First Information Report (FIR), and the car’s number plate was removed after the accident,” he claimed.

If Devendra Fadnavis, who also hails from Nagpur, fails to lead the home department effectively, then he is not eligible for such a position, the Rajya Sabha member said.

“The car is registered in Bawankule’s name, yet all the evidence has been removed,” Raut claimed.

“As long as Fadnavis is the home minister and Rashmi Shukla is the director general of police, there will never be any fair investigation in any matter in the state,” he added.

According to an official from Nagpur’s Sitabuldi police station official, the Audi car first collided with complainant Jitendra Sonkamble’s car at 1 am on Monday and then with a moped, leaving two youth riding it injured.

“The Audi car struck some more vehicles moving towards Mankapur area. At T-Point there, the vehicle hit a Polo car. Its occupants chased the Audi and stopped it near Mankapur bridge. Two occupants, identified as driver Arjun Hawre and Ronit Chittamwar, were stopped by those in the Polo car,” he said.

After the incident, Chandrashekhar Bawankule admitted the Audi car was registered in the name of his son Sanket.

“Police should conduct a thorough and impartial investigation into the accident without any bias. Those found guilty should be charged and appropriate action should be taken against them. I have not spoken to any police official. The law must be equal for all,” the senior BJP leader said.

Maharashtra

Struggle Against Land Mafia in Waqf Properties: New Amended Bill Adds to the Challenges

Published

on

New Delhi : In the ongoing battle to protect Waqf properties and ensure their benefits reach the deserving, land mafias, encroachers, and illegal groups were already a major hurdle. Now, the government’s newly amended bill has emerged as another significant challenge. Advocate Dr. Syed Ejaz Abbas Naqvi has strongly criticized this move and demanded immediate reforms. He stated that the primary objective of Waqf was to benefit the needy, but unfortunately, this objective has completely failed. On the other hand, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), the largest Sikh religious organization, has been actively involved in the welfare of its community for decades. As a result, the Sikh community has nearly eradicated beggars and human rickshaw pullers.

Illegal Encroachments and Misuse of Waqf Lands Exposed :
According to Dr. Naqvi, Waqf properties have suffered the most due to unlawful encroachments by vested interest groups. The most unfortunate fact is that many Waqf lands were originally donated for the shrines (Dargahs) of Syed families, but they have been grossly misused. He revealed that a well-known individual shamelessly sold an acre of prime Waqf land on Mumbai’s Altamount Road for just 1.6 million rupees, a blatant violation of Waqf principles and laws.

Demand for a Stricter Amendment in Section 52 :
Dr. Naqvi has called on the government to take strict action against those who illegally sell Waqf properties. He has urged for an immediate amendment to Section 52 of the Waqf Act to introduce

capital punishment or life imprisonment* for unauthorized Waqf land sellers. This issue is a major setback for those fighting to safeguard Waqf properties, who are already battling corrupt elements and illegal land grabbers. It remains to be seen whether the government takes these concerns seriously and enacts effective legislation to protect Waqf lands.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai Cleanup Marshal and Swachh Mumbai campaign ended, fine collection from citizens also stopped, BMC helpline number released

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai BMC has abolished the clean-up marshal policy, after which now the clean-up marshal has disappeared from the streets of the city. The Municipal Corporation has completely banned the clean-up marshal and the Swachh Mumbai Mission has been stopped. This means that now no clean-up marshal will be able to force citizens to pay fines or take any other punitive action. After complaints against clean-up marshals, Mumbai BMC has decided to stop and suspend the service of clean-up marshals from today.

The Solid Waste Management Department of Mumbai Municipal Corporation, under the Department of Garbage and Sanitation, oversees public cleanliness in Mumbai and the ‘Swachh Mumbai Mission’ has been closed from April 4, 2025. However, the Municipal Corporation administration has appealed to the citizens that if any fine has been imposed on them despite this, then they can complain about it. Complaints regarding cleanup marshals can be made to the divisional control room of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation at 022-23855128 and 022-23877691 (extension number 549/500).

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

New India Cooperative Bank embezzlement accused’s properties attached

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai Economic Branch (EOW) has also started property seizure proceedings in the case of embezzlement of crores of rupees from New India Cooperative Bank. EOW said that after identifying the properties obtained from the embezzled amount, it has been attached and seized. 5 accused have been arrested in this case and 21 immovable properties of these accused have been found, which have been allowed to be confiscated.

This is the first action under 107 BNSS in Mumbai city in which the property of the accused has been seized. Mumbai AOW said that the amount recovered from the seized properties will also be estimated. After the bank scam in Mumbai, EOW has taken major action and details of other properties of the accused are also being investigated.

Continue Reading

Trending