Maharashtra
ED produces Anil Deshmukh in court, MVA slams arrest
Nearly 12 hours after arresting Nationalist Congress Party leader and former Home Minister Anil Deshmukh on Tuesday, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) produced him before a Special Court even as the ruling Maha Vikas Aghadi slammed the agency, while the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) warned of “more” action.
Deshmukh, 72, who had been incommunicado for nearly two months, ‘voluntarily’ appeared along with his lawyer, before the ED offices on Monday morning, and after a 13-hour grilling, was placed under arrest at around 1 a.m. on Tuesday, shocking state political circles.
The MVA allies Shiv Sena-NCP-Congress have castigated the ED and termed it as a “politically motivated move” aimed to destabilise the three-party government.
They also questioned the Centre on the whereabouts of the ‘missing’ former Mumbai Commissioner of Police Param Bir Singh who hurled the allegations against Deshmukh in a letter to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray in March.
“The arrest does not fit within the legal framework, Deshmukh is already fighting a legal battle the outcome of which is awaited. The arrest is unfortunate,” said the Sena’s Chief Spokesperson Sanjay Raut.
“This action is clearly with political intentions to malign the MVA government Central agencies like ED, IT, NCB, CBI are misused to target the government and a repeat of West Bengal is being attempted here. But we are not scared,” said NCP National Spokesperson and Minister Nawab Malik.
He questioned if even Singh, like many others in the past, was given a “safe passage”, whether he took the air route, or sea route or the land route to Nepal from Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh or Bihar as all the three states are BJP-ruled.
Congress General Secretary Sachin Sawant termed it as “a travesty of justice as the complainant who levelled the allegations without giving any evidence is himself absconding or allowed to flee the country”.
“The Preliminary Enquiry of the CBI gave a clean chit to Deshmukh. His real crime was as home minister, he took certain steps which the BJP government at the Centre led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi did not like, including the Mohan Delkar suicide case or the Arnab Goswami matter,” Sawant said.
However, the BJP leaders have welcomed the action against Deshmukh and warned that the next target would be Sena Minister Anil Parab, with many more to follow soon.
Meanwhile, the ED is likely to seek a seven-day remand for Deshmukh, who has been arrested on alleged charges of collecting Rs 100 crore from Mumbai hoteliers and money-laundering.
Maharashtra
‘Bangladeshis & Rohingyas Ahould Pack Their Bags’: BJP Minister Nitesh Rane Warns Action Against All Illegal Encroachments In Mumbai

Amid the ongoin Bandra’s Gareeb Nagar anti encroachment drive in Mumbai, Maharashtra minister Nitesh Rane on Friday issued a strong warning against illegal constructions on government land, stating that authorities would continue demolishing unauthorised structures, including houses and illegal religious establishments.
Speaking to reporters during the drive, Rane said the state government would take strict action against encroachments and accused illegal settlers of occupying public land.
“If you build illegal houses or mosques on government land, we will uproot them. It is government land and not anybody’s personal property,” the minister said.
During his statement, Rane also referred to alleged illegal Bangladeshi and Rohingya settlers living in parts of Mumbai. He claimed the government had made promises during elections to act against such settlements and was now implementing them.
“We had clearly said during the elections that we do not want illegal Bangladeshi or Rohingya settlements here. We are fulfilling that promise,” he said.
The minister urged those staying illegally in the city to leave voluntarily, warning that further action would continue as part of the anti encroachment campaign.
His remarks came in the backdrop of recent demolition actions in parts of Mumbai, including Bandra, where civic authorities have intensified drives against unauthorised structures built on public land.
Rane’s comments are expected to trigger sharp political reactions, especially over the reference to religious structures and migrant communities. Opposition parties in Maharashtra have previously criticised such statements, accusing leaders of using divisive language during civic actions.
However, supporters of the anti encroachment campaign argue that illegal occupation of government land has become a major challenge in Mumbai, contributing to congestion, civic strain and safety concerns.
The Maharashtra government has in recent months stepped up demolition and clearance operations across several parts of Mumbai and nearby regions. Officials maintain that the action is aimed at reclaiming public land and preventing illegal construction activity.
Authorities have not yet released detailed figures regarding the number of structures removed during the latest phase of the drive.
The issue of encroachments remains politically sensitive in Mumbai, where rapid urban growth and housing shortages continue to fuel disputes over land and rehabilitation.
Maharashtra
Mumbai NC Inter-state ganja smuggling network exposed, 702 kg ganja seized from Gondia, Maharashtra and 02 arrested

Mumbai: The Central Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) got a major success when the court convicted Dawood Ibrahim gang and Pathan gang chief Chinko Pathan. NCB Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede had arrested these accused and arrested Chinko Pathan from Dongri with weapons, which is why the accused has been convicted in this case. The Central Anti-Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Mumbai convicted five accused in a major synthetic drug smuggling case. The value of the seized drugs is Rs 6.5 crore. In a major success against organised synthetic drug smuggling, the Mumbai Zonal Unit of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) has convicted five accused in a high-profile NDPS Act case involving the smuggling of Mephedrone (MD), Methamphetamine and precursor chemicals, as well as large-scale drug laundering and illegal possession of arms. On May 19, the Special NDPS Court, Thane, Maharashtra sentenced Mohammad Arif Yaqoob Bhujwala (R/O-Chinchbandar, Mumbai) to 15 years imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 2 lakh. Parvez Khan alias “Chunko Pathan” and Mohammad Salman Khan (both residents of Chinchbandar, Mumbai) and Vikrant Jain (resident of Bhiwandi, Thane) have been sentenced to 5 years imprisonment and a fine of Rs 50,000. Another convict Haris Faizullah Khan (Murshid) has been sentenced to one year imprisonment with a fine of Rs 10,000.
The case began on January 20, 2021 when NCB Mumbai officers, acting on specific intelligence, conducted a search operation in Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai and arrested a notorious history sheeter and drug smuggler Parvez Nasrullah Khan alias “Chunko Pathan”. During the operation, NCB officers recovered 52.2 grams of Mephedrone (MD) from his possession. The search resulted in the recovery of an unlicensed pistol with five live rounds, cash worth Rs 12,500, proceeds of drug smuggling, and approximately Rs 3.57 lakh. Precious metal ornaments worth Rs. were recovered which were allegedly obtained from illicit drug proceeds.
Investigation revealed that the seized contraband was supplied by another notorious smuggler and financier, Mohammed. Arif Bhujwala, who was running an organised network of synthetic drug smuggling from the Chinchbunder area of Mumbai. Based on the revelations and technical investigations, the NCB teams conducted extensive searches at several premises linked to Arif Bhujwala.
The search at Noor Manzil, Chinchbunder, Mumbai resulted in the most significant seizure ever made by NCB Mumbai in a synthetic drug case so far. The officers recovered 5.375 kg of mephedrone, 990 gm of methamphetamine and 6.126 kg of ephedrine, a controlled precursor chemical widely used in the manufacture of synthetic drugs. In addition, another unlicensed firearm was seized along with cash worth Rs. 2,18,25,600. which is suspected to have been produced through illegal drug trafficking. The premises searched by the NCB were found to be functioning as storage and processing locations for synthetic narcotics. Various packaging materials, weighing machines, sealing equipment and items used for processing and distribution of contraband were also recovered during the operation. Several bank documents, mobile phones, electronic devices and financial records were seized and later analysed as part of the investigation.
Further investigation revealed the role of another accused, Mohammad Salman Khan, who was purchasing narcotics from Parvez Khan @ Chinko Pathan and further distributing it to the local drug network. A search conducted at his premises in Chinchbunder resulted in the recovery of 10.5 grams of Mephedrone along with packaging materials and weighing equipment used in distribution activities.
NCB investigators also uncovered the role of accused Vikrant Jain alias “Vicky Jain”, who was the financial backer of the drug trafficking operations. was aiding and abetting the illicit trafficking. A search was conducted at his premises in Bhiwandi which resulted in the seizure of 52.8 grams of mephedrone, including the banned substance mixed in Rajini Gandha and tobacco products. The financial records and banking instruments recovered during the search proved his role in financing and facilitating the drug trade.
In continuation of the continuous investigation and surveillance, the NCB teams successfully identified and arrested another accused, Haris Faizullah Khan, from whose possession 3 grams of mephedrone were recovered. The investigation revealed his active association with a vast network of synthetic drug trafficking.
The investigation was conducted by adopting a “bottom-up” and “network-centric” approach, systematically analysing all the forward and backward links of the smugglers. Through painstaking intelligence development, technical analysis and financial investigations, the NCB identified the principal operators, suppliers and The operation ultimately led to the dismantling of a well-established synthetic drug trafficking syndicate operating in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region. Considering the wide spread and financial depth of the network, NCB Mumbai had also initiated a comprehensive financial investigation to identify and link the assets generated from the illegal drug trafficking.
Maharashtra
‘…Is Transforming Every Aspect Of Our Lives’: Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis On AI, Says Technology Can Drive Social And Economic Development

Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said that Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming every aspect of life and stressed that the focus should not be on resisting technological advancements, but on harnessing them for public welfare and development.
Speaking about the growing role of AI, Fadnavis said that the technology is creating a wave of change across sectors and influencing all areas of daily life. He said that AI cannot be stopped and instead should be utilised for the social and economic development of people.
“Today, we know that AI is affecting all areas of our lives in the form of a wave. In such a time, we cannot stop it. We can use it for the social and economic development of people,” Fadnavis said.
Referring to the Centre’s push towards artificial intelligence, the Chief Minister said that the Prime Minister has already initiated efforts in that direction through the AI Mission and Maharashtra is also working towards adopting similar measures.
“This is what the Prime Minister of our country has done through the AI mission. We are trying the same thing in Maharashtra. I have tried to present the same thing in Imaginext,” he said.
Fadnavis further linked technological progress to the broader vision of a developed India by 2047, saying that Maharashtra is aligned with the national mission and is working towards contributing to that long-term objective.
“The Prime Minister’s mission is our mission. We are running the same mission in Maharashtra. I believe that in 2047, Maharashtra will be developed and India will be developed,” he added.
Fadnavis made these remarks during a conversation with journalist Arnab Goswami on ‘The Maharashtra Decade: Building India’s Trillion Dollar AI Future!’ at ‘ImagiNxt 2026: India’s Festival of Technology & Innovation’.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
