Connect with us
Saturday,05-April-2025
Breaking News

Entertainment

Dhanush sends legal notice to couple who claimed he is their biological son

Published

on

Tamil superstar Dhanush has sent a legal notice to a Madurai-based couple who claimed he is their biological son.

Kathiresan and Meenakshi, a couple based in Madurai had claimed that Dhanush was their biological son and that he was their third son. The couple had said that he had run away from home to act in movies and had sought a maintenance amount of Rs 65,000 from him.

Dhanush and his father Kasturi Raja sent a legal notice to the couple through their lawyer Haja Mohideen Gisti and asked the couple not to make such fake claims.

The notice sent by the lawyer of the actor and his father read, “My clients hereby call upon you both to desist from making false, untenable and defamatory allegations against them henceforth. Failing compliance my clients will be constrained to approach the competent courts to protect their rights in this regard and prevent you from carrying such false claims.”

The notice also said that if such claims were made in the future both Kathiresan and Meenakshi will be prosecuted for causing defamation and consequent loss of their reputation.

The actor and his father also called upon the couple to issue a press statement stating that all the claims made by them are false and to apologise for it. The lawyer in the notice also said that if the couple failed to do so they will be slapped with a suit of Rs 10 crore.

Dhanush who according to records is Venkatesh Prabhu Kasthuri Raja argued that he was born to filmmaker Kasthuri Raja and Vijayalakshmi. The Madurai-based couple Kathiresan and his wife Meenakshi claimed that Dhanush was their third son.

The court had called for a DNA test but Dhanush and his lawyers had declined it as the superstar was asked by the court to undergo a medical examination to verify his identification marks and the results had proved inconclusive.

ADhanush has several hit movies to his credit including ‘Asuran’ , ‘3’, and ‘Karnan’. He had recently got a divorce from the daughter of megastar Rajinikanth, Aiswarya Rajinikanth.

His new Hollywood movie ‘The Gray Man’ is to be released in OTT platforms soon and is highly expected.

Bollywood

Salman Khan’s stardom is on point! ‘Sikander’ becomes a blockbuster, collects more than ₹150 crore worldwide!

Published

on

Sajid Nadiadwala’s film ‘Sikander’, directed by A.R. Murugadoss and starring Salman Khan and Rashmika Mandanna, was no less than a gift for fans on the occasion of Eid. Due to Salman Khan’s tremendous fan following, the film has made a strong hold at the box office. Full of action, emotion and entertainment, ‘Sikander’ is continuously winning the hearts of the audience. In such a situation, the film has earned ₹7.02 crores on the fifth day of its release, which clearly shows that the film still has a hold.

The magic of ‘Sikander’ at the box office is not stopping, even if the film has to face record level piracy. This action packed entertainer, one of the biggest opening films of the year 2025, has maintained a strong hold in terms of earnings since its release. There was no decline in the earnings of ‘Sikander’ even on the fifth day. The film earned ₹ 7.02 crores even on a weekday like Monday, which proves its strong hold and craze among the audience. With this, the film has crossed the important milestone of ₹ 100 crores in India. So far, the total earnings of the film have reached ₹ 105.18 crores. The special thing is that ‘Sikander’ crossed the ₹ 100 crore mark worldwide on just the second day, which makes it one of the biggest success stories of 2025.

Salman Khan has made a strong comeback on the big screen, and this time the beautiful Rashmika Mandana is seen with him. Produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and directed by A.R. Directed by a master storyteller like Murugadoss, ‘Sikandar’ is currently performing well in theatres.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Art remains immortal: Assam CM condoles death of legendary actor Manoj Kumar

Published

on

Guwahati, April 4: Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday condoled the death of ace Bollywood actor Manoj Kumar and asserted that art remains immortal.

Taking to X, Sarma mentioned, “Even today, Manoj Kumar ji’s films inspire countrymen and fill them with energy to dream new dreams. Many of my childhood memories are associated with the songs of his films.”

“Whether an artist lives or not, his art remains immortal. Om Shanti,” he further mentioned in the X post.

Veteran actor and film-maker Manoj Kumar breathed his last on Friday at the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital. He was 87.

Reportedly, the medical reports reveal that Manoj Kumar’s death was caused by cardiogenic shock resulting from an acute myocardial infarction, a severe heart attack.

The reports also indicated that he had been struggling with decompensated liver cirrhosis in recent months, which had worsened his health.

The legendary actor was admitted to the hospital on February 21 when his health deteriorated.

Dr Santosh Shetty, CEO and Executive Director at Kokilaben Ambani Hospital, said in an official statement, “Veteran actor Shri Manoj Kumar ji passed away peacefully at the Kokilaben Ambani Hospital early this morning at around 3:30 am, due to age-related health issues. He had been hospitalised for the past few weeks.”

Following the news of his passing, tributes quickly flooded in from celebrities, politicians, and fans alike.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi also expressed his sorrow, mourning the loss of the legendary actor-director.

Taking to his X handle, he tweeted, “Deeply saddened by the passing of legendary actor and film-maker Manoj Kumar ji. He was an icon of Indian cinema, who was particularly remembered for his patriotic zeal, which was also reflected in his films. Manoj ji’s works ignited a spirit of national pride and will continue to inspire generations. My thoughts are with his family and admirers in this hour of grief. Om Shanti.”

Continue Reading

Bollywood

Sanjay Dutt, Palak Tiwari-starrer ‘The Bhootnii’ trailer is all about ghosts, gadgets and guns

Published

on

Mumbai, March 29: The trailer for the upcoming film “The Bhootnii”, starring Sanjay Dutt, Palak Tiwari, Mouni Roy, and Sunny Singh, was unveiled on Saturday. It promises a thrilling blend of fun and spookiness.

The trailer is filled with witty punchlines, eerie thrills, and a generous dose of Sanjay’s iconic swag. The Bhootnii promises to transport audiences into a world where horror meets humor in the most unexpected ways.

The makers launched the trailer of the movie at a mega event in Mumbai in presence of the entire star cast.

It was on February 26, when Sanjay had revealed the title of the film, which was earlier called “The Virgin Tree”, on the auspicious occasion of Maha Shivratri. It was also revealed that the project will be hitting the theatres on April 18, 2025.

The makers had also shared a teaser, which gives an insight into the mystical world where ‘love turns into darkness’.

Soham Rockstar Entertainment and Three Dimension Motion Pictures are presenting “The Bhootnii”, which has been produced under the banner of A Soham Rockstar Entertainment Production by Deepak Mukut, Sanjay Dutt, Hunar Mukut, and Maanayata Dutt.

Additionally, Sanjay’s lineup includes the much-awaited sequel “Welcome to the Jungle.” The Ahmed Khan’s directorial enjoys an ensemble cast with Akshay Kumar, Raveena Tandon Disha Patani, Suniel Shetty, Lara Dutta, Bobby Deol, Jacqueline Fernandez, Paresh Rawal, Arshad Warsi, Rajpal Yadav, Johny Lever, Shreyas Talpade, and Tusshar Kapoor.

The film is the third installment to the “Welcome” franchise. It was first released in 2007 and the second part Welcome Back hit the screens in 2015.

Furthermore, Sanjay will also be seen playing a crucial role in “Son of Sardaar 2”. The drama has Ajay Devgn and Mrunal Thakur as the lead pair. Directed by Vijay Kumar Arora, Ajay Devgn has produced the film under the banner of Devgn Films in collaboration with Jio Studios.

Continue Reading

Trending