Politics
BJP’s Bihar MLA Rashmi Verma struggling to get control over own property
A property dispute between BJP’s Bihar lawmaker Rashmi Verma and her relative came into the public domain after a video of their quarrel was posted on social media on Saturday.
Verma, a second-time MLA of Narkatiaganj Assembly constituency in West Champaran district, claimed it was an old property dispute as her brother in-law Ashish Verma and his wife Madhu Verma are not giving her the share of the ancestral property.
“We have had a long dispute over the property since 1990. My husband had demanded several times but they did not give him his own land. My husband is dead now, still they are not giving me and other relatives the property,” Verma told.
“My husband has 18 brothers and sisters and they have several acres of land in the district. Ashish Verma and his wife were elder to my husband. He initially thought that the lands were being taken care of by his brother. Hence, when it is needed, we will take it from them. That was my husband’s thinking. On the other hand, Ashish Verma and Madhu Verma are thinking to grab the property,” she added.
“On Saturday, we went to a litchi garden which belongs to us. Immediately Madhu Verma and her daughter arrived and were involved in a verbal duel with us. I retaliated. My official bodyguards were present there and they tried to intervene in the matter. We want our legal rights. We are not demanding anything more than that,” she said.
“Ashish Verma is a former Mukhiya of Dhanaugi village in Narkatiaganj. He lost the election last year. He did not even manage to get 400 votes. On the other hand, despite being a widow, I managed to win the Vidhan Sabha election. This is the reason why they are jealous of me.”
An official of Sahodara police station said that the matter has not come before them, and hence, they are unable to comment on it.
Contacted for comments, Ashish Verma or Madhu Verma refused to comment.
Maharashtra
Mumbai: Proposal for an underground pedestrian subway connecting Nehru Science Centre Metro Station to Worli approved

1 km long and 7.5 m wide path for the convenience of Mumbaikars, a big boost for Mumbai tourism, says Standing Committee Chairman Prabhakar Shinde
Mumbai; The proposal for construction of an underground pedestrian subway to connect Nehru Science Centre Metro Station (Metro-3) in Worli with Worli Promenade and the proposed 300-acre landscaped garden was approved by the ‘Senator’s Meeting and Coastal Road Project’. Standing Committee Chairman Prabhakar Shinde said that the Mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) will bear the cost of Rs 702 crore 44 lakh 35 thousand 7 for this underground subway, while the construction work will be carried out by the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation.
Standing Committee Chairman Prabhakar Shinde said that Coastal Road has proven to be a historic, dream project for the people of Mumbai. A grand landscaped garden spread over about 300 acres has been proposed with this project. Along with the garden, a dedicated promenade on Coastal Road will be available for the citizens. However, currently the area is relatively easy to access by four-wheeler, but there is no proper connectivity for the common people to reach it easily by public transport or on foot. The proposed underground pedestrian subway will play a major role in solving this problem.
This underground walkway is proposed to enable citizens to walk directly from the Nehru Science Centre Metro Station, which passes under Lala Lajpat Rai Road and passes through the Mahalaxmi Racecourse area to the Worli Promenade and Landscape Gardens. Spread over a length of about 1 km and a width of 7.5 metres, this walkway will facilitate safe and easy movement of a large number of people. The number of metro riders in Mumbai is constantly increasing, and the metro is proving to be an affordable and convenient mode of public transport for the common Mumbaikars. Upon reaching the Nehru Science Centre via Metro Line 3, citizens will be able to directly reach the Promenade and Landscape Gardens using this underground walkway.
This initiative will reduce the dependence on private vehicles and will also promote public transport as well as pedestrian infrastructure. The underground walkway is also expected to significantly boost tourism in the coastal road area. Once the landscape garden is completed, both locals and tourists from the country and abroad will be able to reach the area affordably via the metro. Mr. Prabhakar Shinde noted that this route will serve as an important link in enhancing Mumbai’s tourism infrastructure. Prabhakar Shinde, Chairman of the Standing Committee, informed that the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation had expressed readiness to start the construction of the underground tunnel in June 2025. Subsequently, during a joint meeting held in December 2025, the Municipal Commissioner approved the execution of the project by the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation.
It was also decided that the Mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) would bear the financial cost of the project. The expanding network of the metro is playing a significant role in reducing traffic congestion and reducing the burden on Mumbai’s roads, thereby reducing the pressure on the municipal road transport system.
Following the same principle, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) had earlier provided an amount of around Rs 2,500 crore for the Metro 3 project. Now, the corporation has expressed its readiness to take up the financial responsibility of the construction of this underground pedestrian subway, which works in the public interest. Both BMC and Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation are public sector undertakings. What is wrong with one public body engaging another to carry out works that benefit the citizens?
Instead of awarding the contract to an outside contractor, it was decided to leverage the technical expertise of the Metro 3 project to complete the work more efficiently. It is surprising why this has created a stir for some. It seems that those who are used to the lucrative profits associated with contract-based work are unable to digest the proposal. However, for the Bharatiya Janata Party, the welfare of Mumbaikars is paramount. Standing Committee Chairman Prabhakar Shinde remarked that the proposal was approved by a majority vote to provide state-of-the-art, safe and convenient pedestrian facilities to the citizens. Shinde noted that this underground pedestrian subway will create an effective connection between the Metro, Coastal Road, Promenade, and the proposed landscaped garden, which will serve as a key connection for safe, convenient and affordable public transport for Mumbaikars in the future.
National News
Two killed, 3,200 houses damaged in floods at Sabang in West Midnapore: Bengal CM

Two persons have been killed and 3,200 houses have been damaged so far in the devastating flood at Sabang in West Midnapore district of West Bengal, Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari told on Thursday.The Chief Minister made an aural review of the flood situation at Sabang in the afternoon and thereafter had an administrative review meeting at the local block development office with the district officials and all the MLAs and Ministers from the district.
Thereafter, CM Adhikari spoke to the media persons and told about the number of human death and houses damaged so far.”Two persons have died so far and 3,200 houses have been damaged. Each affected family whose house had been damaged will be provided with a compensation of Rs 30,000 by the state government,” the Chief Minister said.According to CM Adhikari, besides the compensation for those houses damaged in the flood, the state government will also stand by the farmers whose crops were damaged because of the flood.
“The farmers who are covered under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana will get the opportunity to get compensation. However, the state government will have to work out a strategy for providing compensation for the affected mat-stick makers by any insurance scheme,” the Chief Minister added.He also claimed that during his interaction with the local flood-affected people, many told him that any Chief Minister had physically visited the flood affected areas for the first time after 1986.
“The previous (Trinamool Congress-led state) government did not consider the people of this area as human beings. I have a human connection with them. That is why I came here. My life begins with rural Bengal and will also end with rural Bengal,” the Chief Minister said.He also added that the state administration is also keeping a close watch on the situation in Arambagh in Hooghly district.”Although, there is not any flood-like situation in Arambagh as yet, things might worsen if Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) releases fresh water from their dams. I have asked the Hooghly district administration to remain alert,” the Chief Minister said.
National News
Tejashwi attacks JD-U leader Sanjay Jha, alleges leaders like him entrapped Nitish Kumar for Rajya Sabha

Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) National Working President and Bihar Leader of Opposition (LoP) Tejashwi Yadav launched a sharp attack on the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) National Working President and MP Sanjay Jha on Thursday, while leaving Patna for Madhubani.
Responding to Sanjay Jha’s criticism of the Wednesday’s Lok Bhavan march led by the Bihar LoP, Tejashwi said that Jha should first save his own position, alleging that there was considerable opposition to him within the JD-U.
He also accused Sanjay Jha of having entrapped Nitish Kumar and alleged that Jha and others were close to Home Minister Amit Shah.
Tejashwi also targeted the Bihar government over the death of 19-year-old Roshan Yadav in jail in Madhubani.
He claimed that the youth had been forcibly taken away by police and that serious questions had arisen regarding the circumstances of his death.
Tejashwi said he had spoken to Roshan’s family and was travelling to Madhubani to meet them personally.
He said he would also speak with the concerned officials and seek justice for the family.
The RJD leader made allegations regarding the treatment of Roshan, claiming that the youth had been assaulted and subjected to electric shocks while allegedly being kept in police custody.
These allegations are claims made by Tejashwi Yadav and would require investigation and independent verification.
The LoP alleged that Bihar was being transformed into a “police state” under Chief Minister Samrat Choudhary and said that the RJD would not allow such a situation to develop.
He also referred to a murder in Hajipur, saying he planned to meet the victim’s family as part of his visit to several locations in the state.
He accused the state government of failing on the law-and-order front and alleged that criminal activity was increasing across Bihar.
Asked about the ongoing student protest at Patna’s Gardanibagh, Tejashwi reiterated his support for the demonstrators, particularly those on hunger strike.
He urged the Bihar government to seriously consider their demands and warned that continued inaction could intensify the students’ agitation.
His remarks came a day after the RJD’s Lok Bhavan march in Patna, during which Tejashwi was detained by police before later being released.
The RJD-led march had focused on student issues, unemployment, examination irregularities and the controversy surrounding alleged AK-47 firing during a student protest in Siwan.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
