The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has decided to probe the authenticity of a viral video purportedly showing a man offering ‘namaz’ with a woman sitting alongside him in garden area said to be inside the Taj Mahal premises.
Raj Kumar Patel, the superintending archaeologist for Agra circle of ASI, said: “We have come across a purported video going viral wherein a man is seen offering namaz in the area said to be the premises of the Taj Mahal.
“However, there is no certainty about the authenticity of the video particularly because none of our staff at Taj Mahal saw such happening. I was also present on Taj Mahal premises on Sunday but came across no such incident.”
The ASI official further said: “We are probing the matter as there is prohibition on offering ‘namaz’ on the Taj premises and it is only on masjid premises within the Taj Mahal compound where ‘namaz’ is offered every Friday, that too, by locals around Taj Mahal allocated passes.”
He said that the security check at the monument had been strengthened, especially on days when visitor turnout is much more than routine to avert such happenings on Taj Mahal premises.
Right wing Hindu activists have been protesting such incidents as they claim that the Taj Mahal was originally a Shiv temple called Tejo Mahalaya.
BJP slams Cong for abusing PM Modi
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has slammed the Congress for abusing Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Taking potshots at the Congress, party’s National spokesperson Sambit Patra on Saturday said that Congress leaders have completed a century of abuses against Modi.
Addressing a press conference, Patra added, “The manner in which top leaders of the Congress party are repeatedly using language and abuses for PM Modi is being seen on TV every day. In such a situation, the Congress has established itself as a party of abusers. Congress leaders called Modi ji ‘lowly’, ‘Yamraj’ and what not. In this way, Congress leaders have completed 100 abuses. It reflects their thinking.”
“A Congress leader from Karnataka has called Modi ji ‘Bhasmasur’. Similarly, recently Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge called Modi ji ‘Ravan’. Sonia Gandhi even called Modi ji a ‘Merchant of Death’,” he said.
Urging the people of the country, Sambit added, “We call upon the people of Gujarat and the country to reject such Congress party in a democratic way by adopting the cycle of democracy.”
Condemning Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, he said, “Similarly Arvind Kejriwal tries to make a lie the truth. Just a few days back, Kejriwal said that Manish Sisodia has got a clean chit and the scam that has taken place in the Excise policy is not a scam, but he is not going to be saved.”
He also added, “From Manish Sisodia to many accused have changed mobile phones dozens of times in this case. From this you can guess whether the common man changes mobile phones so quickly.”
The BJP National Spokesperson said, “Large-scale destruction of digital evidence done by Ex-Excise Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia; 170 mobile phones destroyed by 36 accused in Delhi liquor scam including him. Manish Sisodia changed four mobile handsets in one day and 14 handsets in 2-3 months after CBI’s FIR against him. He might have consulted Delhi CM Kejriwal, AAP leader Vijay Nair, liquor scam accused Amit Arora and Sunny Marwah to destroy digital evidence. Sisodia has a huge hand in Excise policy scam, investigation is going on, no one can save him.”
Shraddha murder case: Aaftab’s post-narco test concludes
The post-narco test of Aaftab Amin Poonawalla, the accused in the ghastly murder of his live-in partner Shraddha Walkar in Delhi’s Mehrauli area, concluded on Friday. His test was conducted inside the Tihar prison by the FSL officials.
As per sources, the team from the Forensic Science Laboratory, Rohini had reached Tihar jail for the post-narco test at around 11.30 a.m.
“A four-member team had reached Tihar Jail No.-4 on Friday along with the investigating officer for a post-narco analysis session of Aaftab,” said a senior FSL official.
“The test started around 12. He was again asked similar questions and his answers will be matched with the questions from the previous narco analysis session,” said the sources.
If needed, the narco test will be done again, claimed the sources.
Further details were awaited.
Meanwhile, the prison authorities have also increased the security of his barrack after the police van was attacked by men, who were armed with swords.
Though his confessions in the narco test cannot be used in the court, yet it proved that the investigators were proceeding in the right direction.
Pertinent to mention here that the findings of both polygraph and narco test are not admissible in the court. These tests will only help the Delhi Police gather evidence, and thereby increase the possibility of prosecution of the guilty.
Warrants against 16 to thwart Hanuman Chalisa call at Shahi Eidgah in Mathura
To thwart a call by a Hindu outfit to recite the Hanuman Chalisa inside Shahi Eidgah mosque on December 6, the Mathura city magistrate has issued bailable warrants against 16 people connected to the outfit.
Mathura Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Martand Prakash Singh said that no permission has been sought by any organisation and cases have already been registered against two people so far for attempting to gather a crowd for the event.
Last month, the Akhil Bhartiya Hindu Mahasabha (ABHM) had urged all its leaders and supporters to arrive at the mosque, adjacent to Sri Krishna Janmabhoomi, which is believed to be the birthplace of Lord Krishna, on December 6 to recite the Hanuman Chalisa.
ABHM president Rajyashree Bose Chaudhary had said, “The event will take place on December 6. The peaceful recital of Hanuman Chalisa will be conducted at Sri Krishna Janmabhoomi between 12 and 12.30 p.m.”
Sanjay Kumar Pandey, SHO of the Govind Nagar police station said around three dozen people have already been bound by notices. Being bound by a notice is a situation wherein an executive magistrate serves a show cause notice with a surety bond to a person on the apprehension that he/she may disturb the peace.
“Those who failed to respond and fill the required surety bond have been issued bailable warrants by the court of the city magistrate. Sixteen people have been issued warrants,” he said.
Chaudhary, meanwhile, condemned the police action and said, “We have planned a peaceful event. As such, there is no reason for police to intervene because we will offer prayers at the site.”
The ongoing dispute involves ownership of 13.37 acres, which the petitioners claim belongs to the Lord Shri Krishna Virajman.
Did Mumbai police impose curfew in city? Watch what Joint CP Vishwas Nangre Patil has to say
BJP slams Cong for abusing PM Modi
On Camera: Fire engulfs apartment in Malad high-rise, no injuries reported so far
Mumbai: Will schools, colleges remain closed due to section 144 across the city? Here’s what we know
Mumbai: Virar-Dahanu railway project soon to be quadrupled
Mehrauli Murder: Aftab used Shraddha’s Insta till June
Authorities ban usage of 9 Jamaat-e-Islami properties in J&K’s Shopian
Dawood set up unit to target bizmen & politicians, says NIA charge sheet
SC upholds 10% EWS quota in admissions, jobs
After chopping his girlfriend into 35 pieces, Indian predator bought fridge to store them
Entertainment1 year ago
Targeted in Sandalwood drugs case for being a woman: Actress Ragini Dwivedi
Crime4 months ago
Class 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
Crime7 months ago
‘You must stop this’, SC expresses concern on hate speeches made at Dharam Sansads
Maharashtra1 year ago
Corona third wave knocked in Maharashtra!
Bollywood6 months ago
Anushka Sharma starts shooting for her ‘Chakda Xpress’
Uncategorized4 months ago
Sufi conference in J&K’s Bandipora hosts a sizeable gathering
Business5 months ago
IT department finds pharma group gave freebies worth Rs 1000 cr to health professionals
National News1 year ago
IAF aircraft carrying Rajnath Singh and Nitin Gadkari lands at NH in Rajasthan