Bollywood
As Legacy Blue Tick Disappears, Elon Musk Is “Personally Paying” For Twitter Blue Subscription Of These Celebrities
Twitter removed the legacy blue tick from verified accounts yesterday. This comes months after the company’s CEO Elon Musk announced the date to press users to sign up for Twitter Blue, its paid subscription service. Due to the recent development, many celebrities and noted personalities across various domains lost their coveted verification check mark. With the launch of Twitter Blue, only users who are subscribed to it will be able to have a blue checkmark in front of their names along with access to some brand-new features. However, basketball star LeBron James and author Stephen King still retained their checkmarks despite publicly announcing that they would not sign up for the service. It was later informed by the CEO of the company that he is “personally paying” for the Twitter Blue subscriptions of some celebrities to keep their checkmark.
This came to light after American author Stephen King took to the microblogging website and said, “My Twitter account says I’ve subscribed to Twitter Blue. I haven’t. My Twitter account says I’ve given a phone number. I haven’t.” Replying to the same, Mr Musk said, “You’re welcome namaste” along with a folding hand emoji.
In a separate tweet, Mr Musk informed, “I’m paying for a few personally.” Later, he tweeted, “Just Shatner, LeBron and King,” referring to Star Trek star William Shatner, who had last month complained about being forced to pay to keep his blue checkmark.
Former US President Donald Trump, Microsoft Co-Founder Bill Gates and reality TV star Kim Kardashian were among those who lost their badges. Several Indian celebrities including Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Alia Bhatt and politicians like CM Yogi Adityanath, Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi and cricketers Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma among others have also lost their verified blue ticks from their Twitter accounts.
The company introduced the blue check mark system in 2009 to help users identify that celebrities, politicians, companies and brands, news organisations and other accounts “of public interest” were genuine and not impostors or parody accounts. The company didn’t previously charge for verification.
Bollywood
Govinda issues public notice against those spreading false information about his marriage, threatens ₹100 crore lawsuit

Mumbai, Aug 23: Amid all the rumors and misleading reports surrounding actor and former MP Govinda on social media regarding his personal life, a public notice has been issued on his behalf warning netizens, media institutions, digital platforms, and content creators not to publish or share any false, defamatory, malicious, fabricated, or unverified material related to Govinda or his family.
This notice was issued a day after Govinda’s wife Sunita Ahuja’s conversation with Rakhi Sawant went viral. In the conversation, Sunita claimed that she withdrew the divorce petition as Govinda intended to marry actress Rani Swarnkar.
The notice issued by Govinda specifically mentions photos, videos, audio, morphed images, deepfakes, and any other synthetic content created using AI.
Govinda has expressed through this notice that he has not granted anyone permission to create, manipulate, or use any material related to his voice, image, identity, or personal/family life through AI or digital technology.
Going by the notice, civil and criminal action will be taken against the accused under applicable laws related to defamation, violation of privacy, misuse of identity, and cybercrime. The notice further mentions various provisions under the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita, 2023 and the Information Technology Act, 2000.
Govinda has warned of claims up to ₹100 crore for those found guilty.
Additionally, the actor might also seek court orders to act against their bank accounts, restrict property transactions, seize passports, and pursue other legal measures, in accordance with the law.
Moreover, action has been sought against YouTube channels and other social media accounts accused of deliberately spreading misleading or false content related to Govinda.
Referring to his past experiences, Govinda has further expressed concern that rumors may be spread in an organised manner to damage his public image.
Through this public notice, Govinda aims to stop the circulation of unverified news or unchecked rumors about his personal matters on social media.
Bollywood
Krushna Abhishek reacts on Govinda’s son Yashvardhan film debut: Apne bhai ki picture aa rahi hain

Mumbai, Aug 22: Comedian and actor Krushna Abhishek used social media to express his excitement about uncle Govinda’s son Yashvardhan Ahuja film debut.
Krushna took to his official Instagram Stories and wrote, “Apne bhai ki picture aa rahi hain… so excited @ahuja_yashwardan (sic).” He also tagged his aunt Sunita Ahuja, who will also be making her Bollywood debut alongside her son Yashvardhan.
Yashvardhan is all set to step into Bollywood with the forthcoming horror-comedy ‘Hero Ki Horrorine’. Made under the direction of Sajid Khan, the project is expected to be out in the cinema halls on January 7, 2027.
Yashvardhan has been paired opposite Nitanshi Goel in his first Bollywood movie, with his mother Sunita also playing his on-screen mother.
In addition to this, Jamie Lever, Chunky Pandey, Brijendra Kala, and Simrat Kaur Randhawa are also expected to be a part of the movie’s core cast. Further details regarding the film are still under wraps.
On the personal front, Sunita recently withdrew her divorce case against Govinda.
Sunita was captured by the shutterbugs at the Bandra family court in Mumbai with her son, Yashvardhan.
As media contacted Govinda’s manager Shashi Sinha, he confirmed that Sunita had taken back the divorce petition filed against the actor.
He told media, “The petition Sunita ji had filed in the court earlier; she had gone to withdraw it.”
Recently, Sunita had made some serious allegations against Govinda regarding his alleged relationship with the young actress Komal Rani Swarnkar.
In response, Govinda also uploaded a video on social media, warning Sunita to be mindful of her language.
The ‘Partner’ actor asked her to refrain from making statements that could be harmful to his reputation.
Govinda and Sunita tied the knot in March 1987. However, they kept their marriage under wraps until their daughter Tina was born in 1988.
Bollywood
Vijay Vikram Singh says Salman Khan is ‘integral’ to Bigg Boss: ‘Very difficult to imagine the show without him’

Actor and narrator Vijay Vikram Singh has said that it is “very difficult” to imagine Bigg Boss without Salman Khan, given the superstar’s long-standing association with the reality show.In an exclusive conversation with IANS, the ‘Ikka’ actor called Salman an “integral” part of the show and spoke about the strong connection he shares with its audience. Sharing his views on Salman Khan’s role as the host, Vijay said that while Bigg Boss can continue without any one individual, Salman’s long-standing association with the show has made his presence an integral part of its identity and its connection with the audience.
He said, “No, no, I can be totally separated. If you don’t hear this tomorrow afternoon at 12 o’clock, then also your life will go on. If Mr. Khan is not there, then it is possible with the show. So, a lot of people are connected because Mr. Khan is there.”Vijay went on to acknowledge Salman’s strong association with the reality show, adding that it is now difficult to imagine Bigg Boss in its current form without the superstar. “So, Salman, sir, is an integral part of the show. And without him, it is very difficult to imagine the show now. Like, it is very difficult to imagine Khatron Ke Khiladi without Rohit Shetty sir,” he said.
Salman Khan has been associated with “Bigg Boss” for several seasons and has become one of the most recognizable faces of the franchise. The ‘Sultan’ actor began hosting Bigg Boss in 2010 with Season 4 and has since become synonymous with the reality show. He continued as the host through Season 17 and is also set to return for the upcoming Season 18.Before Salman Khan took over as host, “Bigg Boss” saw Arshad Warsi host Season 1, followed by Shilpa Shetty in Season 2 and Amitabh Bachchan in Season 3. The ‘Kick’ actor then began hosting the show with Season 4 in 2010 and continued as the host through Season 17.
Meanwhile, Vijay Vikram Singh remains closely associated with “Bigg Boss,” having served as the show’s narrator for several seasons. His distinctive voice has become a recognizable part of the reality show.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
