Maharashtra
‘Abuse me, but don’t defame Maharashtra’: CM Fadnavis on Oppn’s ‘Missing Link’ landslide charge
Mumbai, July 8: Replying to a debate under Rule 293 on the development of Mumbai and its satellite cities, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday launched a blistering attack on the Opposition in the Legislative Assembly. Adopting a defiant stance against ongoing social media trolling and allegations of corruption following a recent landslide on the Mumbai-Pune ‘Missing Link’ expressway, CM Fadnavis declared himself “abuse-proof” while defending the project as a global engineering marvel.
The political storm erupted after torrential rains triggered a landslide on the recently inaugurated Rs 7,000-crore project, halting traffic for roughly 18 hours. The Opposition immediately targeted the Mahayuti government, alleging rampant corruption and structural failure.
Responding to the heavy criticism, CM Fadnavis did not mince words, accusing opposition leaders of blatant fabrication. “The Pune-Mumbai Connecting Link issue was brought up because of the heavy rains. Such absolute liars have been born; they must have been born after a crore of liars died,” he stated.
He revealed that the previous Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) alliance government had practically killed the project. “The Chief Minister of the previous government had written a two-page note listing 14 reasons why the Missing Link could not be built and closed the file. But the Mahayuti government had the courage, which is why we built it,” he added.
CM Fadnavis rejected claims that the structural integrity of the project had been compromised or that public money had “gone down the drain”. He clarified the mechanics of the incident to the House. “The heavy downpour caused mountain debris to fall onto an outer arch, which broke under the impact. The main structure has absolutely no cracks. The tunnel’s integrated safety systems functioned flawlessly. Once the emergency button was pressed, heavy cranes arrived within three minutes,” he noted.
Defying opposition narratives, emergency crews cleared the debris and reopened the critical transit route to traffic within 18 hours, he said.
The Chief Minister reminded the Assembly that the route features the tallest cable-stayed bridge in India and the widest twin tunnels in the world, completely bypassing the treacherous, accident-prone older ghat section.
Addressing targeted online campaigns, CM Fadnavis took a swipe at what he termed “paid trollers” on social media while asserting the long-term legacy of his administration alongside Deputy Chief Minister Eknath Shinde.
“Abuse Devendra Fadnavis, that is fine. I am used to it; I am abuse-proof. I have learned one thing in life — 10 years from now, those who are abusing today won’t be seen, but the Connecting Link will stand, and it will bear the names of Devendra Fadnavis and Eknath Shinde. Defame me all you want, but if you defame Maharashtra, I will not spare anyone,” he declared.
To put infrastructure risks into perspective, CM Fadnavis invoked the legacy of the historic Konkan Railway and socialist leader Madhu Dandavate. “When the Konkan Railway was being planned, people said it was impossible due to frequent landslides. But Madhu Dandavate had the courage to build it,” CM Fadnavis recalled. “For 15 years after it opened, landslides occurred every single year. But we learned, we engineered solutions, and we fixed it. What would have happened if we had never built the Konkan Railway out of fear?”
Shifting focus to the broader monsoon crisis gripping the state, the Chief Minister briefed the House on emergency relief measures. “Vasai-Virar recorded a staggering 772 mm of rain within 72 hours, knocking out power grids and mobile networks. Disaster management teams are actively working with telecom and electricity providers to restore services. Immediate emergency funds have been deployed to the worst-hit districts of the Konkan region, including provisions for free food distribution,” he added.
CM Fadnavis also announced a major fiscal victory for the state, noting that shifting the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation to the central GeM (Government e-Marketplace) portal had successfully cancelled inflated tenders worth Rs 1,032 crore, saving the public exchequer massive sums.
The Chief Minister concluded his high-octane speech by reciting a famous Urdu couplet on taking risks and facing adversity: “Girte hain shahsawar hi maidan-e-jung mein…(Only the warriors who ride horses fall on the battlefield)”…, reiterating that true leadership lies in executing massive projects despite political headwinds.
Maharashtra
Muharram Fayyaz’s Conspiracy Impacts Eid Milad-un-Nabi ProcessionPolice Alert on Niyaz, Langar, Traffic Rules & Safety

The effect of Muharram Fayyaz’s poisonous conspiracy on the Eid Milad-un-Nabi procession
Police’s view on the distribution of food and langar, appeal to adhere to the rules, police and scholars advise in the important meeting of the Khilafat Committee to avoid rush driving including triple seats and superstitions
In view of the Mumbai Eid Milad-un-Nabi (peace be upon him) procession, the Mumbai Police has issued an alert. The poisonous conspiracy of Fayyaz Premji will also affect the procession this year in Muharram-ul-Haram, so the police will be keeping an eye on the distribution of food and langar in the procession. Along with this, the police have appealed to the procession administration and the participants of the procession to refrain from distributing edible items, food and water because it is very difficult to trace and trace who has distributed these items.
Therefore, now the police stations will also register those organizations that distribute food items. This kind of view was expressed by Additional Commissioner Central Region Vikram Di Mane in the Khilafat Committee meeting. He said that it is necessary to take care of the rules and regulations in the procession. If someone If he violates this, action will be taken against him. DJs are completely banned and therefore action will be taken against those who bring DJs. It is the duty of the organizers to explain to those who bring DJs because later they have to be removed and bad moods arise.
Additional Commissioner Shalish South Region said that although the rules and regulations are taken care of in the procession, but despite this, there is a need for effective changes in it. Similarly, the length of the flags and trucks in the procession should also be fixed. Last year, there was a problem near the Parsi statue standing in this matter. In this important meeting of the Khilafat Committee, Hazrat Maulana Moinuddin Ashraf Al-Mu’rif Moin Mian also appealed to the youth to avoid un-Islamic matters and superstitions in the procession, to avoid triple riding on motorcycles and violating other rules, and to avoid revelry. He said that we celebrate the birth anniversary of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).
In this, we should take care that no one’s feelings are hurt in this procession and heart-wrenching slogans should be avoided. If anyone is found involved in un-Islamic behavior, the administration and the police will take action against him. The participants of the procession should also keep this in mind that the rules and regulations have been fixed and the guiding principles must be followed. In this meeting, Khilafat Committee Working President Sarfaraz Arzoo also addressed the gathering and informed the attendees about the history of Khilafat. In this meeting, MLA Amin Patel, Manoj Jamsatkar, Javed Jinja and Corporator also addressed the gathering. Senior police officers and Senior Police Inspector ACP Tanveer Sheikh were also present in the meeting.
Maharashtra
Mumbai: QR-code collar strap for identification and digital registration of vaccinated stray dogs, BMC’s technology-based initiative

Mumbai The Mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has launched a technology-based initiative to use QR coded reflective collars for stray dogs. These collars will facilitate identification of stray dogs that have undergone anti-rabies vaccination and sterilization, as well as enable their digital registration and tracking. In this regard, an agreement was signed between BMC and Ridlan AI Foundation at the BMC headquarters today (August 20, 2026). The event was attended by Deputy Commissioner (Special) Vinay Vijpute, Head of Veterinary Health Department Dr. Kaleem Pasha Pathan, and Akshay Ridlan of Ridlan AI Foundation, along with other officials and staff of the Veterinary Health Department. As per the directions of the High Court. With the objective of animal welfare in mind, various measures are being implemented under the guidance of BMC Commissioner Ashwini Bhide. Led by Ashwini Bhide and Additional Municipal Commissioner (City) Prajakta Laungare, these initiatives include stray dog management, Animal Birth Control (ABC) and anti-rabies measures. Moreover, to achieve the broader goal of making Mumbai rabies-free by 2030, the corporation is strengthening field-level surveillance and management through the use of technology and digital information systems. This initiative has been taken as part of these efforts. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) conducts a massive anti-rabies vaccination drive for stray dogs every year. Earlier, vaccinated dogs were identified with coloured ink or other temporary markings. However, as these markings started fading or disappearing over time, long-term identification and monitoring became difficult. The initiative to use reflective collars equipped with QR codes will enable a more sustainable, systematic and technology-enabled mechanism for identifying dogs that have undergone vaccination and sterilization. As per the established data access protocol, the recorded information about a specific dog can be retrieved through QR tags, facilitating more effective monitoring of vaccination, sterilization, and health interventions. This digital system will support evidence-based planning, prevent duplication of necessary interventions, enhance field-level surveillance, and strengthen coordination between BMC, animal welfare organizations, veterinary teams, and other stakeholders. In the future, this digital registry can serve as a key source of information for Mumbai’s long-term rabies eradication strategy. Moreover, this initiative has immense importance from a public health perspective. Access to reliable and up-to-date information on vaccination and deworming coverage will help identify gaps in service, improve follow-up measures, and strengthen efforts to eradicate rabies. According to the municipal administration, this digital registry will help improve coordination between animal welfare and public health systems, thus reinforcing the broader goal of reducing human deaths from dog-transmitted rabies.
Maharashtra
Mumbai: Proposal for an underground pedestrian subway connecting Nehru Science Centre Metro Station to Worli approved

1 km long and 7.5 m wide path for the convenience of Mumbaikars, a big boost for Mumbai tourism, says Standing Committee Chairman Prabhakar Shinde
Mumbai; The proposal for construction of an underground pedestrian subway to connect Nehru Science Centre Metro Station (Metro-3) in Worli with Worli Promenade and the proposed 300-acre landscaped garden was approved by the ‘Senator’s Meeting and Coastal Road Project’. Standing Committee Chairman Prabhakar Shinde said that the Mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) will bear the cost of Rs 702 crore 44 lakh 35 thousand 7 for this underground subway, while the construction work will be carried out by the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation.
Standing Committee Chairman Prabhakar Shinde said that Coastal Road has proven to be a historic, dream project for the people of Mumbai. A grand landscaped garden spread over about 300 acres has been proposed with this project. Along with the garden, a dedicated promenade on Coastal Road will be available for the citizens. However, currently the area is relatively easy to access by four-wheeler, but there is no proper connectivity for the common people to reach it easily by public transport or on foot. The proposed underground pedestrian subway will play a major role in solving this problem.
This underground walkway is proposed to enable citizens to walk directly from the Nehru Science Centre Metro Station, which passes under Lala Lajpat Rai Road and passes through the Mahalaxmi Racecourse area to the Worli Promenade and Landscape Gardens. Spread over a length of about 1 km and a width of 7.5 metres, this walkway will facilitate safe and easy movement of a large number of people. The number of metro riders in Mumbai is constantly increasing, and the metro is proving to be an affordable and convenient mode of public transport for the common Mumbaikars. Upon reaching the Nehru Science Centre via Metro Line 3, citizens will be able to directly reach the Promenade and Landscape Gardens using this underground walkway.
This initiative will reduce the dependence on private vehicles and will also promote public transport as well as pedestrian infrastructure. The underground walkway is also expected to significantly boost tourism in the coastal road area. Once the landscape garden is completed, both locals and tourists from the country and abroad will be able to reach the area affordably via the metro. Mr. Prabhakar Shinde noted that this route will serve as an important link in enhancing Mumbai’s tourism infrastructure. Prabhakar Shinde, Chairman of the Standing Committee, informed that the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation had expressed readiness to start the construction of the underground tunnel in June 2025. Subsequently, during a joint meeting held in December 2025, the Municipal Commissioner approved the execution of the project by the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation.
It was also decided that the Mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) would bear the financial cost of the project. The expanding network of the metro is playing a significant role in reducing traffic congestion and reducing the burden on Mumbai’s roads, thereby reducing the pressure on the municipal road transport system.
Following the same principle, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) had earlier provided an amount of around Rs 2,500 crore for the Metro 3 project. Now, the corporation has expressed its readiness to take up the financial responsibility of the construction of this underground pedestrian subway, which works in the public interest. Both BMC and Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation are public sector undertakings. What is wrong with one public body engaging another to carry out works that benefit the citizens?
Instead of awarding the contract to an outside contractor, it was decided to leverage the technical expertise of the Metro 3 project to complete the work more efficiently. It is surprising why this has created a stir for some. It seems that those who are used to the lucrative profits associated with contract-based work are unable to digest the proposal. However, for the Bharatiya Janata Party, the welfare of Mumbaikars is paramount. Standing Committee Chairman Prabhakar Shinde remarked that the proposal was approved by a majority vote to provide state-of-the-art, safe and convenient pedestrian facilities to the citizens. Shinde noted that this underground pedestrian subway will create an effective connection between the Metro, Coastal Road, Promenade, and the proposed landscaped garden, which will serve as a key connection for safe, convenient and affordable public transport for Mumbaikars in the future.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
