Connect with us
Friday,04-April-2025
Breaking News

General

Now the Mumbai police are also on contract; decision to fill three thousand posts in Mumbai police force

Published

on

Mumbai: The Home Department has decided to recruit 3000 contract policemen in the Mumbai Police Force. This recruitment will be done through the State Security Corporation on contractual basis for a maximum period of 11 months and this is the first decision of its kind. The Home Department has taken this decision on the request of the Commissioner of Police as there is a severe shortage of manpower in the Mumbai Police. While there has been a controversy over contractual recruitment in the state government service, now contract recruitment is going to be done in the police force as well. 40,623 Posts of Constable to Assistant Inspector have been sanctioned for Mumbai Police Force. Out of them 10 thousand posts are vacant and there is shortage of manpower for day to day operations.

There is an acute shortage of manpower in the police force. Due to the protection of political leaders, more manpower is needed. During festivals like Dahihandi, Ganeshotsav, Navratri, Ramzan, Diwali, extra police are required for security. Therefore, the Commissioner of Police insisted on recruiting contract police, said senior officials of the Home Department.

The state government
has approved the recruitment of 7,076 constables and 994 drivers on January 21, 2021.
After completion of this recruitment process and training of these soldiers, it will take two years to induct the manpower.
Until then, contract police will be appointed for 11 months.When Sanjay Pandey was the Commissioner of Police, he had allowed three to four thousand policemen to go out of Mumbai on transfer. Due to this, a huge manpower gap was created. Even now many policemen have been transferred outside Mumbai. They want to join there. But it is said that they are not allowed to go due to lack of manpower in Mumbai.

Bollywood

Salman Khan’s stardom is on point! ‘Sikander’ becomes a blockbuster, collects more than ₹150 crore worldwide!

Published

on

Sajid Nadiadwala’s film ‘Sikander’, directed by A.R. Murugadoss and starring Salman Khan and Rashmika Mandanna, was no less than a gift for fans on the occasion of Eid. Due to Salman Khan’s tremendous fan following, the film has made a strong hold at the box office. Full of action, emotion and entertainment, ‘Sikander’ is continuously winning the hearts of the audience. In such a situation, the film has earned ₹7.02 crores on the fifth day of its release, which clearly shows that the film still has a hold.

The magic of ‘Sikander’ at the box office is not stopping, even if the film has to face record level piracy. This action packed entertainer, one of the biggest opening films of the year 2025, has maintained a strong hold in terms of earnings since its release. There was no decline in the earnings of ‘Sikander’ even on the fifth day. The film earned ₹ 7.02 crores even on a weekday like Monday, which proves its strong hold and craze among the audience. With this, the film has crossed the important milestone of ₹ 100 crores in India. So far, the total earnings of the film have reached ₹ 105.18 crores. The special thing is that ‘Sikander’ crossed the ₹ 100 crore mark worldwide on just the second day, which makes it one of the biggest success stories of 2025.

Salman Khan has made a strong comeback on the big screen, and this time the beautiful Rashmika Mandana is seen with him. Produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and directed by A.R. Directed by a master storyteller like Murugadoss, ‘Sikandar’ is currently performing well in theatres.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai Cleanup Marshal and Swachh Mumbai campaign ended, fine collection from citizens also stopped, BMC helpline number released

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai BMC has abolished the clean-up marshal policy, after which now the clean-up marshal has disappeared from the streets of the city. The Municipal Corporation has completely banned the clean-up marshal and the Swachh Mumbai Mission has been stopped. This means that now no clean-up marshal will be able to force citizens to pay fines or take any other punitive action. After complaints against clean-up marshals, Mumbai BMC has decided to stop and suspend the service of clean-up marshals from today.

The Solid Waste Management Department of Mumbai Municipal Corporation, under the Department of Garbage and Sanitation, oversees public cleanliness in Mumbai and the ‘Swachh Mumbai Mission’ has been closed from April 4, 2025. However, the Municipal Corporation administration has appealed to the citizens that if any fine has been imposed on them despite this, then they can complain about it. Complaints regarding cleanup marshals can be made to the divisional control room of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation at 022-23855128 and 022-23877691 (extension number 549/500).

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

New India Cooperative Bank embezzlement accused’s properties attached

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai Economic Branch (EOW) has also started property seizure proceedings in the case of embezzlement of crores of rupees from New India Cooperative Bank. EOW said that after identifying the properties obtained from the embezzled amount, it has been attached and seized. 5 accused have been arrested in this case and 21 immovable properties of these accused have been found, which have been allowed to be confiscated.

This is the first action under 107 BNSS in Mumbai city in which the property of the accused has been seized. Mumbai AOW said that the amount recovered from the seized properties will also be estimated. After the bank scam in Mumbai, EOW has taken major action and details of other properties of the accused are also being investigated.

Continue Reading

Trending