Connect with us
Saturday,05-April-2025
Breaking News

Entertainment

Kerala court grants bail to director Sanal Kumar Sasidharan in stalking case

Published

on

 A Kerala court on Friday granted bail to Malayalam director Sanal Kumar Sasidharan who was arrested on a complaint by leading actress Manju Warrier who alleged she was being threatened and stalked by Sasidharan.

Incidentally, even though the police were willing to grant him police station bail on Thursday night, he was not willing and finally the police were forced to present him before a local court at Aluva near here on Friday.

The court asked why he refused when he could have got police station bail, he said he wanted to say a few things in court.

The court heard it and granted him bail after two sureties asked to stand as guarantee.

In dramatic scenes on Thursday, he was taken into custody based on a complaint from Manju Warrier that she was being threatened and stalked by him for a while.

Sasidharan along with his relatives had come to a temple near his home town Parassala in the state capital district when three cops in plainclothes tried to forcibly take him into custody.

Soon the director went live on Facebook alleging that his life was in danger as a few people were trying to “kidnap” him.

He was seen shouting that he does not have faith in the system in the state and is presently living at his sister’s home in Tamil Nadu, which borders Parassala.

Soon local policemen arrived and Sasidharan was taken into custody based on the complaint by Warrier.

The 45-year-old Sasidharan in the past few days shared a few social media posts, claiming that the life of Warrier was in danger.

He alleged her managers were the reason why she was in trouble. He also pointed out that she is in “custody” of some people.

Crime

Kunal Kamra issued third summons by Mumbai Police, asked to appear for questioning today

Published

on

Mumbai, April 5: Stand up comedian Kunal Kamra has been issued a third summons by Mumbai’s Khar Police, asking him to appear for questioning on Saturday.

This summons follows two previous attempts by the police to call Kamra in for investigation, but the comedian failed to show up for either of the earlier summons.

Kamra is under investigation for an alleged controversial comment that was understood to be an indirect swipe at Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Eknath Shinde.

The video, which aired following Kamra’s performance at the Habitat Comedy Club in Khar, saw the comedian using a modified version of a popular Bollywood song from ‘Dil To Pagal Hai.’ “Meri nazar se tum dekho toh, gaddar nazar wo aaye. Haaye,” Kunal Kamra said during his show which was understood to be a jibe at Shinde.

The comments, were perceived to be made in the context of the 2022 Maharashtra political crisis, which led to the fall of the Uddhav Thackeray-led government, resulted in multiple FIRs being filed against Kamra.

Following the release of Kamra’s video on March 23, Shiv Sena workers, angered by his remarks, vandalised the Unicontinental Hotel in Khar where Kamra had recorded the video. This incident led to the arrest of 12 Shinde supporters, who were later granted bail.

In response to the summons, Kamra had earlier stated he was unavailable in Mumbai due to prior commitments and offered to appear for questioning on April 2.

However, the police did not accept his request for a delayed appearance.

Kamra’s lawyer, V. Suresh, had expressed concerns about Kamra’s safety, claiming he had received threats from certain Maharashtra Cabinet ministers.

Mumbai’s Khar Police Station is investigating the matter, with two FIRs already filed against Kamra for derogatory remarks. In addition, three more FIRs filed against him in different parts of Maharashtra have been combined into the Mumbai investigation.

The police have confirmed that Kamra is not currently in contact with the Khar police station. Kamra has been granted protection from arrest until April 7 by the Madras High Court, but the latest summons indicate that the investigation is moving forward despite his earlier refusals to comply.

Continue Reading

Bollywood

Salman Khan’s stardom is on point! ‘Sikander’ becomes a blockbuster, collects more than ₹150 crore worldwide!

Published

on

Sajid Nadiadwala’s film ‘Sikander’, directed by A.R. Murugadoss and starring Salman Khan and Rashmika Mandanna, was no less than a gift for fans on the occasion of Eid. Due to Salman Khan’s tremendous fan following, the film has made a strong hold at the box office. Full of action, emotion and entertainment, ‘Sikander’ is continuously winning the hearts of the audience. In such a situation, the film has earned ₹7.02 crores on the fifth day of its release, which clearly shows that the film still has a hold.

The magic of ‘Sikander’ at the box office is not stopping, even if the film has to face record level piracy. This action packed entertainer, one of the biggest opening films of the year 2025, has maintained a strong hold in terms of earnings since its release. There was no decline in the earnings of ‘Sikander’ even on the fifth day. The film earned ₹ 7.02 crores even on a weekday like Monday, which proves its strong hold and craze among the audience. With this, the film has crossed the important milestone of ₹ 100 crores in India. So far, the total earnings of the film have reached ₹ 105.18 crores. The special thing is that ‘Sikander’ crossed the ₹ 100 crore mark worldwide on just the second day, which makes it one of the biggest success stories of 2025.

Salman Khan has made a strong comeback on the big screen, and this time the beautiful Rashmika Mandana is seen with him. Produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and directed by A.R. Directed by a master storyteller like Murugadoss, ‘Sikandar’ is currently performing well in theatres.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Art remains immortal: Assam CM condoles death of legendary actor Manoj Kumar

Published

on

Guwahati, April 4: Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday condoled the death of ace Bollywood actor Manoj Kumar and asserted that art remains immortal.

Taking to X, Sarma mentioned, “Even today, Manoj Kumar ji’s films inspire countrymen and fill them with energy to dream new dreams. Many of my childhood memories are associated with the songs of his films.”

“Whether an artist lives or not, his art remains immortal. Om Shanti,” he further mentioned in the X post.

Veteran actor and film-maker Manoj Kumar breathed his last on Friday at the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital. He was 87.

Reportedly, the medical reports reveal that Manoj Kumar’s death was caused by cardiogenic shock resulting from an acute myocardial infarction, a severe heart attack.

The reports also indicated that he had been struggling with decompensated liver cirrhosis in recent months, which had worsened his health.

The legendary actor was admitted to the hospital on February 21 when his health deteriorated.

Dr Santosh Shetty, CEO and Executive Director at Kokilaben Ambani Hospital, said in an official statement, “Veteran actor Shri Manoj Kumar ji passed away peacefully at the Kokilaben Ambani Hospital early this morning at around 3:30 am, due to age-related health issues. He had been hospitalised for the past few weeks.”

Following the news of his passing, tributes quickly flooded in from celebrities, politicians, and fans alike.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi also expressed his sorrow, mourning the loss of the legendary actor-director.

Taking to his X handle, he tweeted, “Deeply saddened by the passing of legendary actor and film-maker Manoj Kumar ji. He was an icon of Indian cinema, who was particularly remembered for his patriotic zeal, which was also reflected in his films. Manoj ji’s works ignited a spirit of national pride and will continue to inspire generations. My thoughts are with his family and admirers in this hour of grief. Om Shanti.”

Continue Reading

Trending