Maharashtra
Union Cabinet, Led By PM Modi, Approves 309 Km New Railway Line Project Connecting Mumbai And Indore By 2028-29
Mumbai: The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved a new railway line project that promises to significantly shorten the travel time between Mumbai and Indore. “The project, which aims to establish the shortest rail connectivity between these two major commercial hubs, is expected to be completed by 2028-29 at a total cost of Rs 18,036 crore” said an official.
“The new 309 km railway line will not only connect Mumbai and Indore more directly but also link several currently unconnected areas in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. The route will traverse two districts in Maharashtra and four districts in Madhya Pradesh, providing a vital boost to the local economies and generating approximately 102 lakh man-days of employment during the construction phase” said official adding that, the project aligns with the PM-Gati Shakti National Master Plan, which focuses on enhancing multi-modal connectivity through integrated planning. This initiative will provide seamless movement for people, goods, and services, promoting comprehensive regional development .
Key Features of the Project
The new railway line will add 309 km to the Indian Railways network, covering six districts across Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. According to an official, project includes the construction of 30 new stations, which will improve access to approximately 1,000 villages and benefit around 30 lakh people.
Boost to Tourism and Agriculture
By providing a shorter route between the western and central parts of India, the project is expected to increase tourism in the Ujjain-Indore region, including popular destinations such as the Sri Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga Temple. Additionally, it will enhance the distribution of agricultural products from millet-producing districts in Madhya Pradesh and onion-producing districts in Maharashtra.
Economic and Environmental Benefits
The new line will facilitate the transportation of essential commodities such as agricultural products, fertilizers, containers, iron ore, steel, cement, and petroleum. It is projected to handle an additional freight traffic of approximately 26 million tonnes per annum. As an environmentally friendly mode of transport, the railway project is expected to contribute to India’s climate goals, reduce logistics costs, decrease oil imports by 18 crore litres, and lower CO2 emissions by 138 crore kilograms—equivalent to planting 5.5 crore trees.
Maharashtra
Mumbai Bandra Mosque martyred, violence, protest: Police accused of stone pelting, situation tense, peace maintained, 10 people arrested, operation launched for more arrests

During the demolition operation on railway land in Mumbai’s Bandra area, the situation became tense when a mosque located here was targeted. Muslims protested against the demolition of the mosque and at the same time, the police used light baton charge to disperse the crowd. Local Muslims accused the police of pelting stones at them. A video related to this has also gone viral on social media. An investigation is also underway. So far, the police have arrested 10 accused in the stone-pelting case and a case of attempted murder and rioting has been registered against them.
Tensions flared during the demolition operation in Mumbai’s Bandra East area, when the demolition operation allegedly turned violent, resulting in stone-pelting and clashes with police personnel. Following the incident, the Nirmal Nagar police registered an FIR against 10 identified accused and others under various sections of the BNS and other laws. According to the FIR, the incident took place on May 20 during an operation to remove illegal structures in the Garib Nagar area near Bandra East railway station. The operation was carried out following court orders and instructions regarding the scheduled demolition schedule. The authorities deployed Mumbai Police, Railway Protection Force (RPF), Home Guards and other personnel during the operation. According to the complaint, when the officials were carrying out the demolition operation, a crowd of about 100 to 150 people gathered at the spot and started protesting. The police authorities allegedly made repeated announcements to the people to disperse peacefully. However, the crowd is said to have become agitated and tried to disrupt the operation. The FIR further claims that some people in the crowd started shouting slogans and are said to have tried to prevent the demolition work by creating unrest. During the chaos, stones and other objects were said to have been hurled at the police and officials present at the spot, which increased tension in the area. Later, the police used mild force to control the situation and detained several people. It is said that several police officials were injured in the incident. The complaint specifically mentions the injuries of police officials and security personnel deployed during the operation. Later, the injured officials were given medical assistance. The police have named 10 accused in the FIR and have framed various charges related to illegal assembly, rioting, preventing government servants from doing their duty, damaging government property and assaulting government servants. The matter is under investigation. Authorities are also examining CCTV footage and other evidence to identify more people allegedly involved in the violence. Security has been increased in the area to ensure that there is no disruption of law and order in the future and no untoward incident occurs. After the stone-pelting incident, an attempt has started on social media to give it a Hindu-Muslim and religious color, which the police are monitoring.
Maharashtra
Mumbai’s Garib Nagar Demolition Update: Nearly 85% Of Work Completed In Bandra, Western Railway Says Dealing Matter With ‘Humanitarian Aspect’

Mumbai: As the demolition drive at Garib Nagar in Mumbai’s Bandra is underway, the Western Railway has said that till now, 85 per cent work has been completed, adding that the operation is being handled sensitively with a “humanitarian aspect.”
While speaking to Media, Western Railway CPRO, Vineet Abhishek, said, “The demolition work has been going on continuously… By yesterday evening, we had completed about 60% of the demolition work, and as of today, nearly 85% of the demolition has been completed.”
He also added that authorities are handling the operation carefully as it involves a sensitive human angle. Officials are ensuring safety protocols are followed during the use of heavy machinery and are trying to help anyone facing difficulties.
“The case is very sensitive. Human angle is involved. We are maintaining the aspect of tolerance and ensuring that no one is harmed. As heavy machinery is running, we are following all safety protocols.”
He further added that more than 2,000 water bottles and packed meals have been distributed to people at the site.
Abhishek reiterated that based on the High Court’s order, the demolition work is being carried out. He said, “The order of the High Court is very clear and strict that, except for the 100 identified structures, all other structures are illegal and must be demolished. We are doing exactly that.”
Abhishek also spoke on the stone-pelting issue and demonstration issue that occurred at the site and said, “There was a brief issue that lasted for 10–15 minutes, but we all saw how our team handled it very professionally. Within those 10–15 minutes, the entire situation was resolved and brought under control…”
Meanwhile, yesterday, officials said that nearly 100 eligible slum families living on Western Railway land are likely to be rehabilitated within the next four months. The assurance comes after Western Railway recently wrote to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), seeking action on the rehabilitation proposal.
The development brought partial relief to residents who have been living under fear and uncertainty since the anti-encroachment drive began near Bandra station. Around 500 hutments exist in the settlement, but railway authorities have identified only about 100 families as eligible for rehabilitation.
Crime
Mumbai Man Among 9 Arrested In ₹225 Crore Crypto Racket Linked To Terror Funding Probe

Mumbai: In the ₹225 crore cryptocurrency racket allegedly linked to terror funding, the dark web, and narcotics trafficking unearthed in Gujarat, nine persons have been arrested, including Zeeshan Motiwala from Mumbai.
According to the cybercrime police, six accused, including Motiwala, allegedly entered into a criminal conspiracy and carried out multiple cryptocurrency transactions. Investigators claimed that Motiwala’s Binance wallet was linked to 57 bank accounts, with transactions amounting to USD 2,355,393.
The agency alleged that the accused converted “dirty” cryptocurrency into USDT and routed the funds through various channels to allegedly reach terrorist organisations.
During the probe, officials traced transactions worth Rs226.54 crore through seized crypto wallets and are now attempting to identify additional wallets and cryptocurrency networks linked to the group.
Investigators said the funds, suspected to be connected to terrorist activities, drug trafficking, smuggling, cybercrime, and other illegal operations, were internally transferred between wallets operated by the accused.
The agency further claimed that some wallets were linked to financial transaction chains associated with Hamas and the Dubai Company for Exchange, entities designated by Israel as terror-linked organisations.
Officials also stated that analysis of the Binance wallets revealed links to Abacus Market, a dark web marketplace allegedly used for criminal activities. The accused are also suspected to have used Monero wallets to conceal fund trails.
Officials found that the wallets were connected to several bank accounts allegedly used to receive proceeds from cyber frauds. According to the agency, at least 935 complaints of cheating and fraud have been linked to these accounts.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
