Connect with us
Saturday,30-August-2025
Breaking News

Maharashtra

Shiv Sena VS Shiv Sena: Two Melavas To Be Showcased On Dussehra

Published

on

Shiv Sena VS Shiv Sena: Two Melavas To Be Showcased On Dussehra

The Shiv Sena (UBT) and the Shiv Sena will hold their own Dussehra shows of strength today (Saturday, October 12). The two ‘Melavas’ will be held at Shivaji Park and Azad Maidan, with the Shiv Sena (UBT) retaining the traditional Dadar space having applied for it first with the BMC.

In fact, the Shiv Sena didn’t vie for the ground as it did in 2022 when it rebelled and made way into an alliance with the BJP. The two Melavas assume significance with the assembly poll dates being announced any day by the Election Commission of India. It is being said that Uddhav Thackeray and Eknath Shinde will use the platforms to kick off their election campaigns.

The Shiv Sena (UBT) had released a series of video teasers to the historic rally, warning those questioning the party’s future. “I will show what Shiv Sena can do,” Key routes shut CSMT JunctionVasudev Balawant Phadake Chowk Vasudev Balawant Phadake ChowkChafekar Bandhu Chowk Chafekar Bandhu Chowk-CSMT Junction Thackeray said in one of them.

In his speech in the evening, Thackeray is expected to criticise the Mahayuti alliance and its leaders, particularly Shinde and Deputy CM Devendra Fadnavis. It is likely that he will also come down heavily on its own alliance partners for not announcing the CM candidate and Congress’ loss in Haryana.

Shinde too is expected to target Thackeray as before, besides promoting the schemes and cabinet decisions his government has ALTERNATIVES DN Road, LT Marg, Chakala Junction Ballard Estate will be ‘one-way’ from Avtarsingh Bedi Junction to Bharat Petrol Pump All these routes will be no-parking zones announced in the past few days, including the much-publicised Ladki Bahin scheme.

Shiv Sena leader Rahul Shewale expressed confidence that this year’s Melava will be a ‘Sankalp Melava for Victory’ for Mahayuti. “We expect over two lakh Shiv Sainiks to join the gathering, including the beneficiaries of Ladki Bahin scheme” he said confidently, noting that discussions around seat allotment for the Mahayuti will be finalised soon.

Crime

Virar Building Collapse: 5 People Arrested In Connection With Case; Probe Handed Over To Crime Branch

Published

on

Palghar: The investigation into the collapse of the Ramabai building in Virar, which claimed 17 lives earlier this week, has been handed over to the Crime Branch Unit 3.

Initially, builder Nittal Gopinath Sane (48) was arrested in connection with the case. Following further inquiry, police have also taken into custody Shubhangi Bhoir (38), Sandhya Patil (35), Surendra Bhoir (46), and Mangesh Patil (35) — the daughters and son-in-law of the late landowner Parshuram Dalvi. All five accused are scheduled to be produced before the Vasai Sessions Court on Saturday.

According to investigators, Dalvi had entered into an agreement with developer Sane for the construction of the building between 2008 and 2011. In 2020, the municipal corporation had issued a notice citing the need for repairs. Officials have confirmed that the structure was illegal.

On Tuesday, tragedy struck when the building collapsed, killing 17 residents and leaving several others injured. The probe is focusing on negligence, accountability of the landowners, and the role of the developer in the unauthorized construction.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai News: Central Railway’s Local Train Services Between Ambernath And Badlapur Disrupted Due To Technical Failure

Published

on

Mumbai: Local train services between Ambernath and Badlapur were severely disrupted on Friday morning following a technical failure in a goods train engine, causing inconvenience to hundreds of daily commuters on the Central Railway’s main line.

According to Central Railway officials, the incident occurred at around 5:42 am between Ambernath and Badlapur, bringing train movement to a halt in the section. The disruption led to delays and overcrowding on platforms during the crucial morning peak hours.

The Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) of the Mumbai division took to social media platform X (formerly Twitter) at 7:08 am to confirm the issue and assured that teams were working to resolve the situation.

“Due to a technical issue in a goods train engine between Ambernath and Badlapur, train services are affected between Ambernath and Badlapur. Our team is working to resolve the issue at the earliest. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused,” the post read.

The response from commuters on social media was swift and pointed. A user named Dhiraj Karande replied, “It happens every day. Trains are always late—technical fault, management failure,” highlighting recurring issues on the route.

Another commuter, Nitesh Singh, took a more sarcastic tone, posting, “Your patented comment ‘Kindly look into it’ is missing in this post… please post it…”

Railway officials managed to resolve the problem by 7:34 am, after which the DRM confirmed on X that services between Ambernath and Badlapur had been restored.

Passengers have called for better contingency planning and more transparent communication to avoid such early morning chaos in the future.

“The disruption once again highlighted the infrastructure and maintenance challenges faced by the suburban rail network, often referred to as Mumbai’s lifeline,” said Rajesh Kamble of Badlapur, a daily commuter of CR’s local train services.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai: Goregaon Police Arrest 26-Year-Old Within 18 Hours For Threatening Businessman While Posing As Lawrence Bishnoi Gang Member

Published

on

Mumbai: The Goregaon police have arrested a 26-year-old for allegedly giving a death threat to a businessman and his family, while claiming to be a member of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang. The accused, Tejas Shelar, was nabbed within 18 hours and he confessed that he was addicted to online gaming and had a debt of Rs3 lakh, said the police.

According to the police, Malav Shah, 58, a Juhu resident, has an office in Goregaon West, and a factory in Vasai. On Tuesday, when he was in his office, he received a call from an unknown number. The caller told Shah he has been offered Rs25 lakh and one kg of gold to kill him, said the police. The businessman said that he was further told that shooters were on their way to his office, residence andfactory.

The caller gave an offer to Shah, saying he would spare him if he paid more than the amount he is set to receive, said the police. Under the guidance of senior inspector Suryakant Kharat, the police traced the accused’s SIM location to Ambernath East, leading to Shelar’s arrest on Wednesday. He allegedly admitted that he knew about Shah’s financial status and hence threatened him.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending