Connect with us
Thursday,21-May-2026
Breaking News

Maharashtra

Prayer meeting for oppressed Palestinians held in Mumbai’s Worli, stress on unity and solidarity

Published

on

Mumbai: A special prayer meeting was held in support of the oppressed people of Palestine at the historic Husseini Ashrafi Mosque in Worli, Mumbai, which was attended by a large number of scholars, great scholars, social workers and the general public. The aim of this spiritual gathering was to express solidarity with our Palestinian brothers and pray for them.

This holy gathering was presided over by eminent religious scholar Hazrat Allama Syed Moinuddin Ashrafi alias Moin Mian, while other dignitaries including Al-Haj Muhammad Saeed Noori, General Secretary of the renowned Islamic organization Raza Academy, were also present. The ongoing atrocities against the Palestinian people were strongly condemned in the gathering and special prayers were offered for the unity and solidarity of the Islamic world.

It is the duty of every Muslim to raise voice in favor of Palestine.

In his address, Hazrat Allama Syed Moinuddin Ashrafi said,

“It is the religious and moral duty of every Muslim to raise voice for the oppressed people of Palestine. The security of Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque is the responsibility of all of us and we must intensify our efforts for this purpose.”

He further said that the entire Muslim community should forget their differences and unite to help the Palestinian people and raise effective voice in favor of Palestine at the global level.

Need for constant prayers and practical steps

Al-Hajj Muhammad Saeed Noori also expressed his views and said,

“Only prayers for the oppressed people of Palestine are not enough, but practical steps are also necessary. We should raise our voice in favor of Palestine in every possible way, whether it is through social media or through protests at global forums.”

He further said that Islamic countries should highlight the Palestinian issue at the global stage and adopt a joint strategy against Israeli atrocities.

Commitment of the gathering

The gathering participants raised their hands and prayed to God for help for their Palestinian brothers and for an end to Israeli oppression. The speakers on the occasion expressed their determination to raise their voices for the rights of the Palestinian people at all levels and to promote unity and solidarity among the Muslim Ummah.

The prayer meeting concluded with the resolution that the entire Muslim community should stand more strongly in support of Palestine and wage practical struggle so that the Palestinian people can get their rights and the sanctity of the Al-Aqsa Mosque can be maintained.

Maharashtra

Mumbai Bandra Mosque martyred, violence, protest: Police accused of stone pelting, situation tense, peace maintained, 10 people arrested, operation launched for more arrests

Published

on

During the demolition operation on railway land in Mumbai’s Bandra area, the situation became tense when a mosque located here was targeted. Muslims protested against the demolition of the mosque and at the same time, the police used light baton charge to disperse the crowd. Local Muslims accused the police of pelting stones at them. A video related to this has also gone viral on social media. An investigation is also underway. So far, the police have arrested 10 accused in the stone-pelting case and a case of attempted murder and rioting has been registered against them.

Tensions flared during the demolition operation in Mumbai’s Bandra East area, when the demolition operation allegedly turned violent, resulting in stone-pelting and clashes with police personnel. Following the incident, the Nirmal Nagar police registered an FIR against 10 identified accused and others under various sections of the BNS and other laws. According to the FIR, the incident took place on May 20 during an operation to remove illegal structures in the Garib Nagar area near Bandra East railway station. The operation was carried out following court orders and instructions regarding the scheduled demolition schedule. The authorities deployed Mumbai Police, Railway Protection Force (RPF), Home Guards and other personnel during the operation. According to the complaint, when the officials were carrying out the demolition operation, a crowd of about 100 to 150 people gathered at the spot and started protesting. The police authorities allegedly made repeated announcements to the people to disperse peacefully. However, the crowd is said to have become agitated and tried to disrupt the operation. The FIR further claims that some people in the crowd started shouting slogans and are said to have tried to prevent the demolition work by creating unrest. During the chaos, stones and other objects were said to have been hurled at the police and officials present at the spot, which increased tension in the area. Later, the police used mild force to control the situation and detained several people. It is said that several police officials were injured in the incident. The complaint specifically mentions the injuries of police officials and security personnel deployed during the operation. Later, the injured officials were given medical assistance. The police have named 10 accused in the FIR and have framed various charges related to illegal assembly, rioting, preventing government servants from doing their duty, damaging government property and assaulting government servants. The matter is under investigation. Authorities are also examining CCTV footage and other evidence to identify more people allegedly involved in the violence. Security has been increased in the area to ensure that there is no disruption of law and order in the future and no untoward incident occurs. After the stone-pelting incident, an attempt has started on social media to give it a Hindu-Muslim and religious color, which the police are monitoring.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai’s Garib Nagar Demolition Update: Nearly 85% Of Work Completed In Bandra, Western Railway Says Dealing Matter With ‘Humanitarian Aspect’

Published

on

Mumbai: As the demolition drive at Garib Nagar in Mumbai’s Bandra is underway, the Western Railway has said that till now, 85 per cent work has been completed, adding that the operation is being handled sensitively with a “humanitarian aspect.”

While speaking to Media, Western Railway CPRO, Vineet Abhishek, said, “The demolition work has been going on continuously… By yesterday evening, we had completed about 60% of the demolition work, and as of today, nearly 85% of the demolition has been completed.”

He also added that authorities are handling the operation carefully as it involves a sensitive human angle. Officials are ensuring safety protocols are followed during the use of heavy machinery and are trying to help anyone facing difficulties.

“The case is very sensitive. Human angle is involved. We are maintaining the aspect of tolerance and ensuring that no one is harmed. As heavy machinery is running, we are following all safety protocols.”

He further added that more than 2,000 water bottles and packed meals have been distributed to people at the site.

Abhishek reiterated that based on the High Court’s order, the demolition work is being carried out. He said, “The order of the High Court is very clear and strict that, except for the 100 identified structures, all other structures are illegal and must be demolished. We are doing exactly that.”

Abhishek also spoke on the stone-pelting issue and demonstration issue that occurred at the site and said, “There was a brief issue that lasted for 10–15 minutes, but we all saw how our team handled it very professionally. Within those 10–15 minutes, the entire situation was resolved and brought under control…”

Meanwhile, yesterday, officials said that nearly 100 eligible slum families living on Western Railway land are likely to be rehabilitated within the next four months. The assurance comes after Western Railway recently wrote to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), seeking action on the rehabilitation proposal.

The development brought partial relief to residents who have been living under fear and uncertainty since the anti-encroachment drive began near Bandra station. Around 500 hutments exist in the settlement, but railway authorities have identified only about 100 families as eligible for rehabilitation.

Continue Reading

Crime

Mumbai Man Among 9 Arrested In ₹225 Crore Crypto Racket Linked To Terror Funding Probe

Published

on

Mumbai: In the ₹225 crore cryptocurrency racket allegedly linked to terror funding, the dark web, and narcotics trafficking unearthed in Gujarat, nine persons have been arrested, including Zeeshan Motiwala from Mumbai.

According to the cybercrime police, six accused, including Motiwala, allegedly entered into a criminal conspiracy and carried out multiple cryptocurrency transactions. Investigators claimed that Motiwala’s Binance wallet was linked to 57 bank accounts, with transactions amounting to USD 2,355,393.

The agency alleged that the accused converted “dirty” cryptocurrency into USDT and routed the funds through various channels to allegedly reach terrorist organisations.

During the probe, officials traced transactions worth Rs226.54 crore through seized crypto wallets and are now attempting to identify additional wallets and cryptocurrency networks linked to the group.

Investigators said the funds, suspected to be connected to terrorist activities, drug trafficking, smuggling, cybercrime, and other illegal operations, were internally transferred between wallets operated by the accused.

The agency further claimed that some wallets were linked to financial transaction chains associated with Hamas and the Dubai Company for Exchange, entities designated by Israel as terror-linked organisations.

Officials also stated that analysis of the Binance wallets revealed links to Abacus Market, a dark web marketplace allegedly used for criminal activities. The accused are also suspected to have used Monero wallets to conceal fund trails.

Officials found that the wallets were connected to several bank accounts allegedly used to receive proceeds from cyber frauds. According to the agency, at least 935 complaints of cheating and fraud have been linked to these accounts.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending