Connect with us
Saturday,05-April-2025
Breaking News

Maharashtra

Mira-Bhayandar: Balasaheb Thackeray Memorial Project Moving At Snail’s Pace, MBMC Refutes Claims

Published

on

Mira-Bhayandar: Balasaheb Thackeray Memorial Project Moving At Snail's Pace, MBMC Refutes Claims

Mira-Bhayandar: Nearly four years after the state government gave its approval for allocating funds amounting Rs.25 crore for the construction of a world class art gallery in memory of Maharashtra’s iconic leader and Shiv Sena founder, late Balasaheb Thackeray, the construction work in Bhayandar is moving at a snail’s pace. Going by the speed of the ongoing work, the plans of inaugurating the gallery in the third week of September may not turn into reality.  

However, municipal commissioner- Sanjay Katkar claimed that weekly reviews on the progress of work was being taken to ensure speedy completion of the project.

“Multiple agencies have been working on the construction and other residual work to ensure completion of the art gallery within the stipulated period. Once the project is completed, occupancy certificate (OC) will be issued and the state government authorities will be intimated seeking directions regarding the inauguration schedule.” informed Katkar.

Designed to showcase the momentous era of the life and times of the iconic leader with a blend of modern age technology, the majestic structure is being constructed on a vast 1.80 lakh square feet plot which is tagged with a reservation of social forestation in the Golden Nest area of Bhayandar (east).

Apart from amphitheaters, museum, e-library, music center, study rooms, multi-purpose halls, conference room, cafeteria, the memorial will house special galleries which will not only display articles and books associated with the life of the Shiv Sena supreme but will also exhibit collection of his select political/ social cartoons, rare photographs, editorials and digitized versions of famous speeches in different languages, using multimedia audio technology.

While the replica of Raigad Fort will serve as an entrance to bring back Shivaji Maharaj’s era to those visiting the memorial, a series of eco-friendly initiatives including- solar powered energy systems, turbo-ventilators, mini garbage recycling unit and rain water harvesting have been planned on the land which will be used for minimal construction work and the remaining portion will pave way for landscape gardens and greenery.

Work Orders Pending?

As per the GR issued by the state’s urban development department (UDD) Rs.25 crore has been sanctioned just five days ago on 5, September, 2024 to develop the memorial. This has casted doubts whether a proper tender process had been followed to issue work orders to the concerned agency who has been assigned the construction work, even before the GR was issued.  However, the commissioner clarified that work orders had been duly issued after completing the tender process. In normal circumstances, the tender process follows only after the issuance of a GR and completing district level formalities.

Maharashtra

Thief who came from Mumbai and committed several thefts arrested

Published

on

Mumbai: Police have claimed to have arrested a thief who committed theft in the limits of Milind police station, against whom several cases of theft and burglary are registered in Mumbai. Mumbai Zone 7 DCP Vijay Kant Sagare, while addressing a press conference here, said that the accused came to Mumbai by flight with the intention of stealing and broke into several 5 houses.

Theft cases are registered against him in Nehru Nagar, Milind, Alwaye, Navi Mumbai. One and a half lakh silver ornaments weighing two kg, totaling Rs 15 lakh have been seized. Cases of stalking are also registered against the criminal Rajesh in Dombivali, Vishnu Nagar, Vishai, Vitthalwadi, Manpara, Pan police stations.

The accused told that he came to Mumbai from Varanasi by plane on March 13, 2025 and robbed five houses in 15 days.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Struggle Against Land Mafia in Waqf Properties: New Amended Bill Adds to the Challenges

Published

on

New Delhi : In the ongoing battle to protect Waqf properties and ensure their benefits reach the deserving, land mafias, encroachers, and illegal groups were already a major hurdle. Now, the government’s newly amended bill has emerged as another significant challenge. Advocate Dr. Syed Ejaz Abbas Naqvi has strongly criticized this move and demanded immediate reforms. He stated that the primary objective of Waqf was to benefit the needy, but unfortunately, this objective has completely failed. On the other hand, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), the largest Sikh religious organization, has been actively involved in the welfare of its community for decades. As a result, the Sikh community has nearly eradicated beggars and human rickshaw pullers.

Illegal Encroachments and Misuse of Waqf Lands Exposed :
According to Dr. Naqvi, Waqf properties have suffered the most due to unlawful encroachments by vested interest groups. The most unfortunate fact is that many Waqf lands were originally donated for the shrines (Dargahs) of Syed families, but they have been grossly misused. He revealed that a well-known individual shamelessly sold an acre of prime Waqf land on Mumbai’s Altamount Road for just 1.6 million rupees, a blatant violation of Waqf principles and laws.

Demand for a Stricter Amendment in Section 52 :
Dr. Naqvi has called on the government to take strict action against those who illegally sell Waqf properties. He has urged for an immediate amendment to Section 52 of the Waqf Act to introduce

capital punishment or life imprisonment* for unauthorized Waqf land sellers. This issue is a major setback for those fighting to safeguard Waqf properties, who are already battling corrupt elements and illegal land grabbers. It remains to be seen whether the government takes these concerns seriously and enacts effective legislation to protect Waqf lands.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Mumbai Cleanup Marshal and Swachh Mumbai campaign ended, fine collection from citizens also stopped, BMC helpline number released

Published

on

Mumbai: Mumbai BMC has abolished the clean-up marshal policy, after which now the clean-up marshal has disappeared from the streets of the city. The Municipal Corporation has completely banned the clean-up marshal and the Swachh Mumbai Mission has been stopped. This means that now no clean-up marshal will be able to force citizens to pay fines or take any other punitive action. After complaints against clean-up marshals, Mumbai BMC has decided to stop and suspend the service of clean-up marshals from today.

The Solid Waste Management Department of Mumbai Municipal Corporation, under the Department of Garbage and Sanitation, oversees public cleanliness in Mumbai and the ‘Swachh Mumbai Mission’ has been closed from April 4, 2025. However, the Municipal Corporation administration has appealed to the citizens that if any fine has been imposed on them despite this, then they can complain about it. Complaints regarding cleanup marshals can be made to the divisional control room of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation at 022-23855128 and 022-23877691 (extension number 549/500).

Continue Reading

Trending