Crime
Man arrested in Delhi for trying to reactivate Baba Siddique’s mobile phone number
CRIME
Mumbai, July 7: Mumbai Police have arrested a man from Delhi for allegedly attempting to fraudulently take control of a mobile number belonging to late NCP leader Baba Siddique, which is linked to his family’s businesses.
The accused, identified as Vivek Sabrawal, was apprehended in the Burari area of Delhi and brought to Mumbai for further investigation.
According to officials, Sabrawal tried to reactivate Siddique’s phone number on a new SIM card with the intention of using it for cyber fraud. Police said the accused has a history of cybercrime, with prior cases registered against him.
He was out on bail in one such matter when he attempted this latest fraudulent act.
A case has been registered under several sections of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), including provisions related to cheating, attempted offences, forgery, fabrication of records, and using forged electronic documents as genuine.
Authorities suspect that Sabrawal aimed to misuse the number for financial or digital scams.
The matter came to light after Siddique’s daughter, Arshiya Siddique, filed an FIR at Bandra Police Station in Mumbai. She reported that an unknown individual had fraudulently attempted to become the “authorised signatory” for her late father’s mobile number, which remains active and is associated with the family’s business interests, including Zears Business India LLP and a food venture she runs under the name Flavour Food Venture.
Police said the fraudster had created a fake email ID in the name of Shahzeen Siddique, Baba Siddique’s wife, and used it to contact Vodafone to enquire about the status of the authorised signatory on the mobile number.
In a more disturbing development, the individual accessed Shahzeen Siddique’s personal documents — including Aadhaar, PAN card, GST details, and the company’s letterhead — to support the fraudulent request.
Using these forged details, the accused submitted a request to Vodafone to update the signatory, listing fake identities such as Michael Sharma, Tarun Kumar, Avinash Arora, and Sumit Sharma.
On June 25, Vodafone responded to the request by CC’ing Shahzeen Siddique’s real email ID, which immediately alerted the family that an unauthorised application had been made using forged credentials.
Alarmed by the development, the Siddique family approached the police. While Sabrawal has been arrested for his involvement in the SIM card reactivation attempt, investigations are ongoing to determine whether there are additional suspects involved in the attempted fraud.
The complainant has urged Mumbai Police to trace the origin of the fake email ID and analyse the call data records (CDR) associated with the number listed in the request, citing fears of a possible connection with individuals involved in Baba Siddique’s sudden demise.
Mumbai Police have said further action will follow based on electronic and forensic analysis of the digital evidence, and more arrests may be made if links to a broader conspiracy are established.
Baba Siddique, a former Maharashtra minister, was shot dead in the Bandra area of Mumbai on October 12, 2024.
Crime
Bengal STF nabs 3rd local associate of arrested Pakistani national with suspected ISI links

Kolkata: The West Bengal Police on Wednesday informed that the Special Task Force (STF) of the state police has arrested the third local associate of the Pakistani national, Wahab Alam, having links with Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), who was arrested earlier this month from Habra in North 24 Parganas district.
The person arrested by the STF sleuths has been identified as Zafar Sams alias Sunny. An original resident of Topsia in East Kolkata, Sunny had been absconding since the arrest of Alam.
Finally, he was arrested in Rishra in Hooghly district. However, the state police have not disclosed the time of his arrest and other relevant details.
The STF officials are currently interrogating Sunny to get details of his involvement in Alam’s activities. “We doubt Sunny played a role in strengthening the sleeper cell or network that Alam was forming to smuggle secret information from India to ISI,” said a state police officer.
Two days ago, Imran Hosain, a second associate of Alam, was arrested by STF sleuths from his residence in Topsia.
Before that, the state STF sleuths arrested Mohammad Izaz, Alam’s closest associate, also from his residence in the same locality of Topsia.
It is alleged that Alam, after illegally entering West Bengal via Nepal in 2012, used to stay at Izaz’s residence and the latter was instrumental in arranging Indian identity documents for the Pakistani national.
The STF sleuths got information about Sunny after integrating Alam, Izaz and Imran, first separately and then together.
Earlier on August 14 night, the STF sleuths arrested three other suspected Pakistani spies, all three being Indian citizens, from the Sahebganj area of the India-Bangladesh border district of Cooch Behar.
The names of the arrested are Rashidul Haque, Nur Nasiruddin Ali and Shafiqul Islam.
Meanwhile, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has started collecting information about Wahab Alam. The move came after the preliminary investigation by the STF revealed Alam’s alleged links with Pakistan’s spy agency, ISI. The NIA has contacted the Bengal STF to obtain details of the investigation and the information gathered so far.
The NIA will interrogate Alam and Izaz, and if necessary, Hosaain and the other three arrested from Cooch Behar.
Crime
Two arrested for raping minor after taking her on bike trip in MP’s Satna

Satna : Two youths have been arrested for allegedly raping a minor girl in Satna district of Madhya Pradesh after taking her to a secluded area on the pretext of giving her a motorcycle ride, police said on Wednesday.
The incident was reported from the Nai Basti area under the Kolgawan police station limits. The police action followed a complaint lodged by the minor along with her family members.
According to the police, the minor had come in contact with one of the accused, Sanju alias Anshul Sahu (24), through Instagram on July 14. The two subsequently remained in contact through social media and phone calls.
Sahu, a native of Khamhariya in Rewa district, is currently residing in the Hanuman Dhara-Nai Basti area of Satna, police said. On August 17, Sahu allegedly reached the minor’s house along with his friend Sachin alias Vivek Rawat (19). Rawat is a native of Gangev in Rewa district and currently resides in the Hanuman Nagar-Nai Basti area.
The two allegedly took the minor on a motorcycle to Nai Basti, telling her that they were taking her for a ride. Police said Sahu allegedly sexually assaulted the minor at the location.
When she resisted, he allegedly intimidated and threatened her. The accused later dropped the girl back at her home.
“After returning home, the minor narrated the incident to her family members and approached the Kolgawan police station on Tuesday.
Based on her statement, a case was registered and both accused were arrested,” police said.
The police registered a case under Sections 74, 75(1), 64(2)(m), 65(i), 127(2), 351(3) and 3(5) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), along with relevant provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
The investigation into the case is underway, and police are examining the circumstances surrounding the incident and the communication between the accused and the minor before the alleged offence.
Crime
Rajasthan CMO gets bomb threat in Jaipur, police launch probe

Jaipur, Aug 18: Panic gripped Jaipur after the Rajasthan Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) received a bomb threat on Tuesday.
A threatening phone call was received at the Jaipur Police Control Room, prompting police and administrative officials to step up security measures.
Soon after receiving the information, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South), Rajarshi Raj, reached the spot and took stock of the situation.
Police teams have launched an investigation to identify the caller and determine the motive behind the threat.
Technical teams are also examining the call details and other available information to trace its origin.
Police officials are treating the threat seriously and are checking whether it poses any actual security risk.
Further details are awaited as the investigation continues.
This is not the first time that prominent locations in Jaipur have received bomb threats.
In July 2025, both the Chief Minister’s Office and Jaipur International Airport were reportedly threatened through emails.
Security agencies, including bomb disposal teams, conducted searches at the locations, but no explosives were found.
Jaipur has also witnessed several similar threats targeting schools, the airport, metro stations, court complexes and the Sawai Mansingh Stadium.
On May 30, 2025, a bomb threat was reported at Mansarovar Metro Station and the Metro Court-Family Court complex.
The Sawai Mansingh Stadium also received multiple bomb threats in May 2025.
Earlier in July 2025, Maheshwari Girls Public School in Vidhyadhar Nagar received a threatening email.
The school premises were evacuated and thoroughly searched by security teams. However, no explosive device was found.
The repeated threats have raised concerns over security in Jaipur, particularly as several high-profile government and public locations have been targeted in the past.
Police are now working to establish the identity of the person behind Tuesday’s call and determine whether the threat was genuine or a hoax.
Security agencies are maintaining heightened vigilance around the CMO and other sensitive locations in the city.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
