Maharashtra
Maharashtra Honeytrap Row: Minister Yogesh Kadam Rejects Allegations, Calls It ‘Political Mudslinging’
Mumbai: Amid uproar in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly over sensational honeytrap allegations, Minister of State for Home Affairs Yogesh Kadam on Thursday firmly denied any official confirmation regarding the matter.
Reacting to Congress leader Nana Patole’s claims, Kadam said, “There has been no official confirmation so far. No complaint has been filed at any police station. The reports in the media appear completely baseless. This seems like an attempt to defame the government. If anyone has evidence, they should present it, politics should not be played through rumours.
Nana Patole Raises Honeytrap Issue In Assembly
The controversy erupted on Wednesday during Zero Hour when Congress MLA Nana Patole alleged in the Assembly that senior IAS officers and cabinet ministers were being targeted in a honeytrap operation. According to Patole, this may have resulted in the leak of confidential state information.
“There is growing concern that classified information from Maharashtra has been accessed through a systematic honeytrap. Reports suggest involvement of senior officials and ministers. If this has reached anti-national hands, it’s a direct threat to state security,” he said.
Patole demanded that the government issue a clarification in the House by the end of the day, warning that the Opposition would otherwise intensify its agitation. Assembly Speaker Rahul Narwekar acknowledged the matter and stated that the government should take note.
Outside the House, Revenue Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule yesterday commented that the Home Department and police authorities may already be examining the claims. However, Yogesh Kadam’s statement today marked the first official government rejection of the charges.
Meanwhile, Opposition leaders alleged that several top officials had been filmed in compromising positions at a luxury hotel in Nashik. They claimed the footage was being used for blackmail and that at least 72 names had surfaced in preliminary findings. However, these claims remain unverified, and no formal complaints have been lodged.
Crime
ED Gets Custody Of Self-Styled Godman Ashok Kharat Till May 26 In Proxy Account Case

Mumbai: Self-styled godman Ashok Kharat was on Wednesday remanded to Enforcement Directorate (ED) custody till May 26 after the agency told the court it needed to probe cash flow through proxy accounts, his foreign trips, luxury cars and properties.
Kharat was produced before the special court a day after his arrest. ED prosecutor Arvind Aghav sought 10 days’ custody, claiming the agency was investigating 60 proxy accounts allegedly opened at the Rahata branch of Samata Nagari Cooperative Credit Society in the names of several people without their knowledge.
The ED told the court that transactions worth ₹47.74 crore were conducted through the 60 accounts linked to 48 special savings accounts. These included cash credits of ₹21.26 crore and cash debits of ₹23.87 crore. According to the agency, all transactions were kept below ₹2 lakh to bypass Know Your Customer (KYC) norms.
The agency alleged that cash was deposited and withdrawn by Kharat and his associate Arvind Bawake using pre-signed withdrawal slips obtained from account holders.
Asked by the court to explain his position, Kharat said, “I had cash that I wanted to deposit in a nationalised bank. However, the bank management approached me with a higher interest rate of 9%. Hence, I accepted their proposal.” He also claimed he was unaware of how so many accounts had been opened in his name.
The ED also referred to the statement of Omprakash Koyate alias Kaka Koyate, chairman of Samata Sahakari Patsanstha, recorded on May 7. According to the agency, Koyate admitted that cash deposits were converted into fixed deposits and later withdrawn.
Maharashtra
BJP leader Kirit Somaiya Flags Alleged Massive Birth Certificate Scam In Maharashtra, Demands Probe In Vasai-Virar

Vasai: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya has leveled serious allegations that a massive birth certificate scam has come to light in Maharashtra, where thousands of fake birth certificates have been issued under the names of non-existent individuals.
Following this revelation, the possibility of these fraudulent certificates being distributed within the jurisdiction of the Vasai-Virar Municipal Corporation cannot be ruled out.
Consequently, Somaiya has demanded a thorough investigation into all birth certificates issued in the region.Against the backdrop of this fake birth certificate racket, the BJP leader has personally initiated visits to various municipal corporations across the state to review the situation.
As part of this initiative, he met with the Municipal Commissioner of the Vasai-Virar Municipal Corporation, Prithviraj B.P., on Wednesday. During the meeting, detailed discussions were held regarding suspicious registrations within the municipal limits to find a proper solution and implement strict preventive measures.
Somaiya also informed that a special meeting will be held soon with the State Government’s Health Department regarding this issue.”Bangladeshi citizens are obtaining these birth certificates online by using forged documents.” — BJP Leader Kirit Somaiya
Speaking to the media, Somaiya alleged that illegal Bangladeshi immigrants are exploiting the system to acquire these fraudulent birth certificates online.
He expressed strong concerns that there is a high probability these fake certificates will be used to illegally enroll illegal immigrants into the voter list during the upcoming Special Summary Revision (SIR) process in Maharashtra.
Maharashtra
Mumbai: Stone-pelting case registered against police during Bandra mosque demolition, situation peaceful but tension remains, demolition process underway

Mumbai: The situation became tense after the demolition of a mosque in Mumbai’s Bandra Garib Nagar. After a clash between the police and protesters during the protest against the demolition of the mosque, the police resorted to light lathicharge here, after which the situation came under control, but the tension still persists. The police have detained about 7 to 10 protesters for stone-pelting, while now the situation here is certainly peaceful, but the tension persists. Demolition operations are underway in Bandra under heavy police arrangements. So far, more than 500 huts have been demolished and the settlement has been razed to the ground. The public protested against the BMC bulldozer and the road was blocked. The police closed the road in this area. The situation is now under control. The police said that a case has been registered after the incident of stone-pelting on the police. The police have now also started investigating the matter of stone-pelting and disturbing the situation in public places. The BMC’s action is ongoing. The situation had deteriorated after the demolition of the mosque, but the police have controlled it, which is also causing tension. Liaquat, a worshipper of the mosque, says that the police and BMC have suddenly carried out a demolition operation, while the mosque was not part of the demolition operation, yet it was targeted. Muslims are bound to be angry because the mosque was targeted, but the police started lathicharge on them, while the mosque is old and we used to offer prayers here, so this has deeply shocked us.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
